List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Day delayed contract talks to the end of the year too. Does sound like he's just trying to pump his value up a bit and given how both us and Port have been on a bit of a SA recruiting binge the past few years I reckon that would probably work a bit better than normal.

Where there is a Will, there is a Day.
Trade Do-day for Day. Happy Days.

henry winkler GIF

Will Day delayed contract talks to the end of the year too. Does sound like he's just trying to pump his value up a bit and given how both us and Port have been on a bit of a SA recruiting binge the past few years I reckon that would probably work a bit better than normal.
If we have a good season and hawthorn don’t he might be lured by cash , home and possibly finals in 2024

Big IF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don’t know much about Will Day to be honest. What are his strengths? Seems like a good sized build that is transitioning from Def to Mid.

If Hollands and Day both become available, who do we prioritise ?

You don't think port might be red hot on him as well if there is a chsnce he is gettable?
I think the Crows are in a better position to be aggressive then Port.

Should be miles under the cap. Probably looking to trade our 2024 1st if Welsh keeps tracking the way he is. Have North's 2nd and potentially a end of 1st compo for Doedee if he leaves and gets a good enough contract.

Depending on who we target, trade ammo doesn't look like it's in short supply.

don’t know much about Will Day to be honest. What are his strengths? Seems like a good sized build that is transitioning from Def to Mid.

Hollands as more of a need.

I'm super curious about Hollands, gonna keep a close eye on him this year.
If not for Thilthorpe being available, I suspect he would be at the Crows, the team he supported as a kid.

Hollands is the elite mid class we needed and if he is slightly interested in leaving Suns then Crows should go all out Dawson style to get and maybe not even wait until 2024 as would not be first to break contract .
Will Day is another be huge to get but as was keen to get to Hawks, just think contract hold off was to enhance contract figures after injury year.
HH would be a must to add to our KPP deficiency and team and could have the D Jarman effect .
After adding Dawson and Rankine bringing that extra class to our squad along with holding good picks, another proven class player could elevate our team back as finalist onwards.

Hollands is contracted to end of 2024.

He cant really “become available” this year.. unless he requested to be traded and you’d think the Suns would be very reluctant to let him go unless its for a very big deal at the trade table..

End of next year is when we should target him if he is still OOC.

This year we should be trying to lure;

Himmelburg
NWM
Day
Redman

IMO Hollands is the number 1 - you throw the sink to get him as he looks like he will be an absolute ripper and offers a real point of difference to our current midfield. Day would also be a great get but if we had to prioritise if they became available, its Hollands all the way from me

Yep but we have more ability to get it done via draft picks , salary cap etc

Also I see port and Kozzy / NWM more a chance although I think we are a chance for NWM too
Unless Day says he wants to go to port if he is keen to come back to SA, then it won't matter what draft capital they have or we have as the hawks will need to deal with Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back