List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still say put a big offer Infront of baker

Even if he hates us, his aggression and versatility would be valuable
Not sure where this -hates us stuff is coming from,spoke to his old man at the airport earlier this year and he said he wasn’t keen on Wc and that he loved the Tigers but would consider returning home at some stage to farming-lake grace way

Interesting that Bianca mentioned us as a potential landing spot, wonder if we are in discussions about a train on spot over summer?

“Despite spending some time at half-back in 2023, Bianco says he's most comfortable on the wing and identified Melbourne, Fremantle and the Western Bulldogs as clubs who could use his skillset, adding he would be happy to move interstate if an opportunity was to arise.”

Fair assessment.

I'm pulling back from the 'bleeds purple' mantra that has been associated with Schultz. Nominating Pies and requesting a trade after Brockman has nominated WC have done nothing for us.

I am concerned that the trade appears to be from left field. The club should have been ahead of this, but instead we got the club opinion it would be a quiet trade period. In the meantime Henry and Schultz are packing their bags.

My reading of the situation is that they were aware of the circumstances and believed that Lachie had things under control and was staying.

I believe circumstances have changed and that means he’d prefer to go.

Not sure where this -hates us stuff is coming from,spoke to his old man at the airport earlier this year and he said he wasn’t keen on Wc and that he loved the Tigers but would consider returning home at some stage to farming-lake grace way
That sounds post retirement though?
I'd love Baker. I'd love multiple Tigers players. Jesus that game against them on our home deck this year broke me, watching Taranto and Bolton run rings around our midfield and a guy that's now retired kicking goals from outside 50 for fun. And they didn't even make the top eight. We are far off it because our midfield is not at the required level - none of our players has influenced a game and seemed to be playing with his own ball like Bolton did that night for years.
And people tell me we should chase Logan? Just no.

Interesting that Bianca mentioned us as a potential landing spot, wonder if we are in discussions about a train on spot over summer?

“Despite spending some time at half-back in 2023, Bianco says he's most comfortable on the wing and identified Melbourne, Fremantle and the Western Bulldogs as clubs who could use his skillset, adding he would be happy to move interstate if an opportunity was to arise.”
Bianco could be worth a look. Lochie O'Brien might even be worth a roll of the dice for a rookie or SSP spot to have as a wing option.

Bianco could be worth a look. Lochie O'Brien might even be worth a roll of the dice for a rookie or SSP spot to have as a wing option.

I'm curious to see what happens if nobody picks up O'Brien's contract and Carlton have to wear it on this season's salary cap.

Wagner played as a small forward at Melbourne, I wonder if we couldn’t bring in a mature option whether he could play that role with more experience now. In all honesty though I always thought we had 1 too many small forward options in the 22 & perhaps it wasn’t the right structure?

Schultz was not the one to miss though, he brings a lot more than just on field stuff.

To be fair it must be that bombers haven't lodged greshams contract yet

Gresham nominated the bombers but I don't think we have a confirmed contract yet

Still weird the saints haven't got anything done yet

Tbf the Gresham compensation pick is probably what we want for Liam Henry.

The other two deals are nothing deals that surely aren’t holding anything else up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm curious to see what happens if nobody picks up O'Brien's contract and Carlton have to wear it on this season's salary cap.
I presume, barring any clauses, Carlton would need to pay out O'Brien regardless of him being picked up by anybody. If so O'Brien would be more than happy on a base salary, even with a move interstate, if there's chance of opportunity at AFL level.

My reading of the situation is that they were aware of the circumstances and believed that Lachie had things under control and was staying.

I believe circumstances have changed and that means he’d prefer to go.
Circumstances being a 4+1 on good money offer from Collingwood

I thought those future picks weren't guaranteed and could be reviewed based on North's performance?
Isn't it risky to accept it in a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back