List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’d almost rather he wasn’t. To get him at a discounted rate after 40 would be excellent value and there’s no doubt we’d match. But a developing ruck really isn’t a need unless we want 12 months of Darcy trade talk.

I think he’s in the 25-45 mix. So possible, but unlikely.
Not sure it would effect Darcy, Knobel on the other hand may question his spot in the squad, unless we can develop one as a forward/ruck and the other as the back up ruck it would be odd having them both. That goal from outside 50 Knobel kicked at the end of the year could coerce me into thinking it’s possible.

The reality is that Knoble will be traded at some point once Darcy signs his 5/6 year contract (possibly 3 years time I'd say)

Edwards being home grown would be developed for 5 years or so and possibly be there for life after Darcy

If Edwards somehow makes it to 40 then we should do all we can to get our 46 (if it isn't already traded as a deal for a pick in the 20s) up before we match Edwards, I'd say it'll take an F3 to get it done but it would be worth it IMO

I don't see Edwards sliding that far, we will see though

The reality is that Knoble will be traded at some point once Darcy signs his 5/6 year contract (possibly 3 years time I'd say)

Edwards being home grown would be developed for 5 years or so and possibly be there for life after Darcy

If Edwards somehow makes it to 40 then we should do all we can to get our 46 (if it isn't already traded as a deal for a pick in the 20s) up before we match Edwards, I'd say it'll take an F3 to get it done but it would be worth it IMO

I don't see Edwards sliding that far, we will see though
will probably go at like 38 just to tease us

The biggest list need for West Coast is talent, they could use it at any position in the ground. It's not like this is a one year rebuild for them. Bring in talent and then fill the gaps around them.

The only way Collard is on the board at their second pick is if there really are concerns about him leaving WA - if he is available, he'd be a great deal more talented than anyone else available at that pick (I have Tholstrup, Hardeman and Zakostelsky all off the board) and should be as easy a pick for them as Reid at #1.
I agree that they have many holes and are in desperate need of talent, but I think Tholstrup is overrated and definitely not a first round pick, IMO he has no elite transferable skills into the AFL, he's a solid B grader, and I just can't see he'll be gone before 30. Hardeman I think will be thereabouts for their current second pick, and the jury is still out on ZZ.

I see some phantom drafts have Collard getting picked by North which would be absolutely negligent by the Roos despite the recent gifts they have been given.

I just can't see WC picking Collard up when more impactful, safe bets like Hardeman, Wilson, Windsor, O'Sullivan, Delean and Stevens are likely to be available at their second pick. WC play it safe when drafting.

I just can't see WC picking Collard up when more impactful, safe bets like Hardeman, Wilson, Windsor, O'Sullivan, Delean and Stevens are likely to be available at their second pick. WC play it safe when drafting.

Windsor is looking likely to go top 10 at the moment, O’Sullivan and Wilson top 15 - their second pick is likely to be pushed out to 28 or 29 I think it is. At the other end, I don’t think Delean goes in the top 40.

Windsor is looking likely to go top 10 at the moment, O’Sullivan and Wilson top 15 - their second pick is likely to be pushed out to 28 or 29 I think it is. At the other end, I don’t think Delean goes in the top 40.
We'll have to wait and see who goes where but my point still stands that they will go conservative. It's possible that a deal between North and West Coast is done on draft night regarding a pick 1 swap with 2 and the 15, 18 North currently have.

He underperformed this year but he's shown he can play at an okay level at Gold Coast.

My fear is that Taberner retires after 2024, McDonald doesn't come and we're left with nothing Amiss and Treacy for 2025.

If Taberner shows his body is up for another year or McDonald comes I wouldn't see the point in keeping Corbett on the list in 2025.
When does Jackson leave us ?

We'll have to wait and see who goes where but my point still stands that they will go conservative. It's possible that a deal between North and West Coast is done on draft night regarding a pick 1 swap with 2 and the 15, 18 North currently have.

I guess it comes down to what you view as ‘conservative’. The most talented local kid. Or a safe interstate kid.

WC have already knocked back 2,15 & 18 from North, my fear is they accept 2,15,17&18 as that will give them 5 picks (including 23) where they could pick most of the WA talent, Curtin, Hardeman, Thulstrop, Callard and a vic player.
My hope is they hold 1, and we unlock one of Norths picks with a future 1st.
Failing that, they hold out and trade 1+23 for 2&3 as although that gives them 2 A graders, they will miss out on a lot of the WA players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC have already knocked back 2,15 & 18 from North, my fear is they accept 2,15,17&18 as that will give them 5 picks (including 23) where they could pick most of the WA talent, Curtin, Hardeman, Thulstrop, Callard and a vic player.
My hope is they hold 1, and we unlock one of Norths picks with a future 1st.
Failing that, they hold out and trade 1+23 for 2&3 as although that gives them 2 A graders, they will miss out on a lot of the WA players.
There's still a lot to play out between the two clubs and I don't think it will be just 1 for 2, 15 and 18 either but don't think they'll go solely for WA talent.

When does Jackson leave us ?

Although you’re correct pointing out Jackson would still be on the list all that does is probably mean we play two tall forwards instead of three. Reidy and Knobel have some forward ability too btw - One is a bit slow though so you probably play one less tall and the other isn’t AFL ready.

My point still stands though that we’ll need around 4-5 genuine KPFs (i.e. not ruck/forwards) on the list and at least three of them need to be developed to stage where they can at least contribute at AFL level.

If McDonald doesn’t come and the club moves on Taberner, Corbett and Kuek it really doesn’t leave us with any depth in the position whatsoever. It’s basically the best 22 guys or a smaller forward line.

Personally I see five KPFs on the list (Amiss, Treacy, Taberner, Corbett and Kuek) as one too many but we’re basically down to three already with of those three one of the most injury prone players on our list. Wouldn’t be surprised if we look at a KPF this year tbh.

Although you’re correct pointing out Jackson would still be on the list all that does is probably mean we play two tall forwards instead of three. Reidy and Knobel have some forward ability too btw - One is a bit slow though so you probably play one less tall and the other isn’t AFL ready.

My point still stands though that we’ll need around 4-5 genuine KPFs (i.e. not ruck/forwards) on the list and at least three of them need to be developed to stage where they can at least contribute at AFL level.

If McDonald doesn’t come and the club moves on Taberner, Corbett and Kuek it really doesn’t leave us with any depth in the position whatsoever. It’s basically the best 22 guys or a smaller forward line.

Personally I see five KPFs on the list (Amiss, Treacy, Taberner, Corbett and Kuek) as one too many but we’re basically down to three already with of those three one of the most injury prone players on our list. Wouldn’t be surprised if we look at a KPF this year tbh.
Big fan of Reidy. Very close to a debut this season. Gets another preseason under his belt and should build nicely at Peel and get his chance at Freo

Big fan of Reidy. Very close to a debut this season. Gets another preseason under his belt and should build nicely at Peel and get his chance at Freo
How close was he? I was an advocate for giving him a game at the end of the year as I thought it made more structural sense than Corbett, even if he played as forward/ruck instead of number 1 ruck, would have kept Treacy up forward with Amiss all game.

How close was he? I was an advocate for giving him a game at the end of the year as I thought it made more structural sense than Corbett, even if he played as forward/ruck instead of number 1 ruck, would have kept Treacy up forward with Amiss all game.
I was quite surprised he didn't get an opportunity this year, I thought that was the basis of his recruitment in terms of a more ready-made option and there were some positive observations from others on his potential forward development.

Obviously he had some injuries which hampered him a bit, but would have been good to see.

5 KPF's, 4 KPD's. Like you said, with injuries it's 3 / 4 with Jackson being able to provide cover up forward.

One more of a mature KPF or KPD to cover would be handy. I still think we can swing a few either back or front if we get desperate too. Especially if their main role is to just be a stopper in defence.

Was meant to play v Richmond until the weather turned.

5 KPF's, 4 KPD's. Like you said, with injuries it's 3 / 4 with Jackson being able to provide cover up forward.

One more of a mature KPF or KPD to cover would be handy. I still think we can swing a few either back or front if we get desperate too. Especially if their main role is to just be a stopper in defence.
It'll be 5 KPDs if McDonald joins us. We had the best depth KPD in the AFL this year - drop your standards below that and we're doing alright there. A mature aged back up and a second round KPD with a year in the system is sufficient unless injuries absolutely **** us.

With KPFs drafting an 18 year old this year might be risky given Taberner's injury history but said player is a chance a better player than some state league mature ager in 2026/2027. It may be better for the list long term even if it would hurt in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back