List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread - Pt2 Now With Added Wailing & Gnashing of Teeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dockers fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Being realistic, Collingwood are unlikely to finish outside the Top 4 next year so their F1 is going to sit maximum of about 6ish places (after any FA compensations) above what we would likely get as Band 2 compensation for Shultz in 2024, possibly even as close as 1 pick earlier. Personally I don't see that as sufficient difference for us to release him out of his contract early, so even if Collingwood do eventually offer their F1 then I still think we need more.

I think its pretty clear we don't particularly rate this draft

Think we are happy to take the Henry pick and then try and trade up 45, 55ish and 60ish on draft night, then probably take a couple mature agers late as we normally do

Possibly get those picks ahead of 40 and hope Edwards slips past 40 (unlikely)

I'm happy to take 2 picks in the 20s and target Pies F1, grab some mature picks to try replace some mature players lost, Mannagh is one I'd do now that we lost a winger and a small forward

Being realistic, Collingwood are unlikely to finish outside the Top 4 next year so their F1 is going to sit maximum of about 6ish places (after any FA compensations) above what we would likely get as Band 2 compensation for Shultz in 2024, possibly even as close as 1 pick earlier. Personally I don't see that as sufficient difference for us to release him out of his contract early, so even if Collingwood do eventually offer their F1 then I still think we need more.
Personally don't see us getting it though, F1 + 21 for Schultz + Henry possibly a late going back to Saints. Not saying it's great for 2024 but I'd do it and move on

The quandary with Schultz is if he is definitely heading back to Vic at the end of next year but is happy enough to play 1 more year with us, then as others have said we potentially miss out on getting development into his replacement.

We’re not winning a flag next season & if he doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason, then club culture says we shouldn’t hold onto him. I don’t see how it can be a positive for him to remain around the group knowing he’s going at the end of the season.

It’s very disappointing but the club has to work out what is best for the team & the club & his value is at its greatest now particularly to Collingwood. I don’t want to keep bringing in young talent & constantly rebuilding but keeping him for a year will just prolong that development.

I think its pretty clear we don't particularly rate this draft

Think we are happy to take the Henry pick and then try and trade up 45, 55ish and 60ish on draft night, then probably take a couple mature agers late as we normally do

Possibly get those picks ahead of 40 and hope Edwards slips past 40 (unlikely)

I'm happy to take 2 picks in the 20s and target Pies F1, grab some mature picks to try replace some mature players lost, Mannagh is one I'd do now that we lost a winger and a small forward

Next year's draft is worse if you are looking for WA players.
In the 44 that played in the curtain raiser for the GF, 3 were from WA.
Most were from Vic, unfortunately we still have to pick Vic to get anywhere

Next year's draft is worse if you are looking for WA players.
In the 44 that played in the curtain raiser for the GF, 3 were from WA.
Most were from Vic, unfortunately we still have to pick Vic to get anywhere
Our best players are all Victorian, I don't want to pick just WA blokes

Imagine skipping on Bray, Darcy, Serong, Young

My understanding is his mrs has moved back to Vic. May as well get max value.
So in less than one week it's gone from him working on a two year extension with freo, to his partner already moving back to vic. In that little time? Literally a matter of 4 days. Even less, considering the time it takes to get to Africa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't subscribe to the whole mindset of "if they don't wanna be here then trade them." They have a job to do. Not everyone likes there job. But they've made a commitment and they should be fulfilling that comittment whether they like it or not. Be a professional.

Or waste a year on a player who doesn’t want to be here. A year that could have gone into developing someone.
Is it a waste if it helps build a winning culture and adds to a finals push, while still allowing for development for Emmett without having the pressure of having to perform on him, failing, and then we are stuck with Banfield playing instead?
On top of that we still get rewarded fairly when he goes? it would be 19 as an absolute minimum, and the maximum value is that his personal reasons change and he stays, as one thing is certain in life and that is change.

The quandary with Schultz is if he is definitely heading back to Vic at the end of next year but is happy enough to play 1 more year with us, then as others have said we potentially miss out on getting development into his replacement.

We’re not winning a flag next season & if he doesn’t want to be here for whatever reason, then club culture says we shouldn’t hold onto him. I don’t see how it can be a positive for him to remain around the group knowing he’s going at the end of the season.

It’s very disappointing but the club has to work out what is best for the team & the club & his value is at its greatest now particularly to Collingwood. I don’t want to keep bringing in young talent & constantly rebuilding but keeping him for a year will just prolong that development.
We have to remember, it will turn. This happened to brizzie too.

One West reporter (Quartermain) says Jack Darling is on the trade table.

Then another West reporter (Daniels) says he isn't;

Ha.

If Pies are hellbent on keeping F1 then they should offer 19, 34, 39 their F2 for Schultz and 3 of our lesser picks.

Essentially 19 and 3 upgrades.

Get 21 for Henry.

We hit 2023 with: 19, 21, 34, 39

We hold 2024: our first. Ports 1st. Pies 2nd.

Maybe use 19, 21, 34 and 39 to move up and get a pick inside 15 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back