List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
GC actually have enough points already, they just need to move stuff around to get value and make sure their picks arent wiped out for not having enough list spots. Lets assume they do some shenanigans and effectively take in 6 spots. The 4th round picks they have are irrelevant to them (and most teams anyway), they'll try to flog them off for future 4ths or do tiny upgrades to the thirds they have.

What then makes the most sense for GC is moving a decent portion of pick 5's value into next year, if that's the case, trading pick 5 for 14 and a future 1st from the Dogs makes more sense then getting both their first round picks this year. It also leaves them a lot of flexbility with what to do with the other picks as bids comes in. That helps us A LOT in the case of getting one of the Dogs first round picks off them.

GC actually have enough points already, they just need to move stuff around to get value and make sure their picks arent wiped out for not having enough list spots. Lets assume they do some shenanigans and effectively take in 6 spots. The 4th round picks they have are irrelevant to them (and most teams anyway), they'll try to flog them off for future 4ths or do tiny upgrades to the thirds they have.

What then makes the most sense for GC is moving a decent portion of pick 5's value into next year, if that's the case, trading pick 5 for 14 and a future 1st from the Dogs makes more sense then getting both their first round picks this year. It also leaves them a lot of flexbility with what to do with the other picks as bids comes in. That helps us A LOT in the case of getting one of the Dogs first round picks off them.
Agree

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

In that case ( if they have enough points already) do suns may prefer us to sell their pick 5 rather than dogs? Because they may think dogs are more likely top 6 team next year and we are not. They may get a future top 10 if they selling pick 5 to us? We can fast track development save one year?

It seems like the last 8 years has been 2 steps forward 2 steps back.

There is a list of the player still playing at another club in the last 7 years. Best 22

2022 - Logue, Lobb, Acres
2021 - Cerra
2020 - Hogan
2019 - B Hill, Langdon
2018 - Neale
2017 - Weller

We are averaging 1.5 best 22 players leaving each year.
Another aspect of that list is that almost half are players we traded in and used significant picks to get on the list. There is an implied lack of judgement.

In that case ( if they have enough points already) do suns may prefer us to sell their pick 5 rather than dogs? Because they may think dogs are more likely top 6 team next year and we are not. They may get a future top 10 if they selling pick 5 to us? We can fast track development save one year?

I'm very hesitant about any trade that involves our future 1st rounder.

I'm very hesitant about any trade that involves our future 1st rounder.
I’m not, it can’t get much worse than this year.

So if we can get something between 5-10 for it, I think we should go for it.

Also. If west coast are into Erasmus, pick 1 thank you, and we can give them our f1.

Or I suppose the pick 6 they get from the swans for Barrass will do.

I’d love to keep him, but am not tied to keeping him like other players. If we see an opportunity to upgrade another area of the squad.

Also. If west coast are into Erasmus, pick 1 thank you, and we can give them our f1.

I’d love to keep him, but am not tied to keeping him like other players. If we see an opportunity to upgrade another area of the squad.
With 2 years to run, pick 1 straight swap.

I've been surprised before (Neale), but I'll be absolutely staggered if West Coast are actually chasing Erasmus with any intent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erasmus was picked at 10 and gone down in value

Eagles 19 would be more appropriate

I think the Eagles could use Brodie more than Erasmus.

And why the bloody hell would we let him go??
If we do, watch him become a monster around stoppages ala Josh Kennedy (Syd)
I'm happy with his progress so far, but the list of players we have that I wouldn't trade for pick 1 does not include Ras as it stands.

Maybe out of contract, we have absolutely no incentive to trade him for anything other than massive overs.

Reid, Watson, mckercher, curtin, duursma ?

I wouldn't assume any players in the draft will be better, more available or retained long term.

Erasmus is what he is, he needs to bulk up and like a butterfly he will flourish.

He's contracted for years, doesn't matter what his immediate performance is worth in 2023.

If we could straddle the eagles with that crappy Brodie contract for any sort of value that would be elite, they can try figure out how to make that guy work in modern footy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back