List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

Reckon Flanders and McDonald are close to 0% chance of coming here. Similar with Ras leaving.
Yeah, but their names have been raised. So for now they’ll site on there as unlikely.

Yeah, but their names have been raised. So for now they’ll site on there as unlikely.
The Ras one is just random BF fans linking the fact that he was a WC fan and SHOULD have been in their NGA (which would have meant nothing since he went top 10). It has the same credence as me saying I heard Ginbey wants to Freo because he played for Freo. That is literally the standard.

McDonald is from the long line of WA players of note and literally any KPF ever coming to freo. If anyone talks about him its that he loves Sydney. So I'd argue there is direct evidence to the contrary if there is any at all.

Flanders isn't signed but I've not seen anything that suggests Freo in particular is of any interest. If you're clutching at straws you whip out the "mates with Serong" thing but that means approximately zero.

Leave the others. At least media types who might have actual information have mentioned them at some point.

The Ras one is just random BF fans linking the fact that he was a WC fan and SHOULD have been in their NGA (which would have meant nothing since he went top 10). It has the same credence as me saying I heard Ginbey wants to Freo because he played for Freo. That is literally the standard.

McDonald is from the long line of WA players of note and literally any KPF ever coming to freo. If anyone talks about him its that he loves Sydney. So I'd argue there is direct evidence to the contrary if there is any at all.

Flanders isn't signed but I've not seen anything that suggests Freo in particular is of any interest. If you're clutching at straws you whip out the "mates with Serong" thing but that means approximately zero.

Leave the others. At least media types who might have actual information have mentioned them at some point.
Why are you messing with the fantasy? We know about the reality. Don't ruin the fantasy, OK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles are always secretive with their contracts

They'll sign players up and then it'll come out a year later

McGovern a good example, he has been signed for 2 years for ages, no announcement still
Wild that clubs can just keep shit like that a secret. Should be mandatory to announce all contract signings and extensions.

Always thought Henry would love to play for a Melbourne team and enjoy the spotlight that came with it.

I’d be willing to wager that once he signs a big 4 year deal with a team like the doggies that he’ll drop off again.

If we can turn him into Brockman I’d call that a win
Form isn’t something that can be turned on or off at will for most players at AFL level.

Young players may not always see that. Top form is often a cocktail of specific ingredients, especially ongoing and sustainable form at the level. Managers who are more focused on strongarming contract leverage, may not always have the clearest line of sight on it either.

Henry is at a delicate stage of his career. Just beginning to find your feet, but still yet to establish yourself. Ongoing development required to maximise career trajectory will benefit from continuity, stability and a nurturing environment.

Having said that, I’d be pretty confident Henry’s form is built on solid foundations. I know narratives are hard to let go of (even evidence-free ones), but there’s plenty to say he’ll be a valuable keep for us.

I know he’ll be sold the dream, but so was Hayden Crozier and it doesn’t take long for the dreams-sold to lose their substance in a new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back