List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
Just been reading a the Crows board who reckon we'd happily trade Cox for a 2nd round pick because we'd get nothing for him when he leaves the next year. I think people just always undervalue oppo players.
lmfao even if he was to leave next year we'd still get more than a 2nd rounder.

Probably, but I can't disagree that he is the most overrated "superstar" in the game
Oh I agree, ball butcher of the highest order but the Dogs are not taking a future 1st for him and Hawks know what they are going to have to pay if they are going after him.

Probably, but I can't disagree that he is the most overrated "superstar" in the game

There was a stat earlier in the year from On The Couch or First Crack which showed Smith was the worst player in the comp for effectiveness of forward 50 entries. It was a mind blowing statistic, something like 40-50 inside 50's from Smith and the Dogs didn't retain the ball a single time. That's like a team scoring zero points in an entire game. Not sure how much better he got in the second half of the year.

1693208770858-png.1788454

Take it with a pinch of salt :laughing:
Channel 7 adel reporting tonight MG is about to sign a 4 year deal at port

Brockman to Eagles
Henry to Hawks

We get currency from either. Which at best would be Eagles 3rd rounder + some sort of upgrade/ pick shuffles.

Anyone hoping for anything inside pick 30 is dreaming.

I’d rather attempt a player trade, but there’s been no real noise of any links

There was a stat earlier in the year from On The Couch or First Crack which showed Smith was the worst player in the comp for effectiveness of forward 50 entries. It was a mind blowing statistic, something like 40-50 inside 50's from Smith and the Dogs didn't retain the ball a single time. That's like a team scoring zero points in an entire game. Not sure how much better he got in the second half of the year.
But he's really good looking ... And he's from Melbourne ... And he kicked that goal once very late in an elimination final that won the Dogs the game ... and all the girls said he has ice in his veins ... and ...

He is the most over-hyped player. I'm amazed he doesn't play for Essendon.

How much do people think Hawks will bounce next year, their F2 may hold more currency than anything they could give us this year. Added that they need points for the McCabe bid we could accommodate them by trading all our 3 later picks which are worth more than 29.
Henry + 40 + 52 + 58 > hawks F2 + 29

We then help GC bank future picks to avoid their later picks being wiped out by not having enough list spots prior to the draft
F1 + Hawks F2 > 4 + 28

Lose Henry and F1 but go to the draft with 4, 21, 28 and 29

Gold Cost go into draft night with 7 live picks, 2xF1 (ours and theirs) + 2xF2 (hawks and theirs) to sell to the highest bidder once the bids start to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people thinking Brockman to WC is a lock?

Schultz was still being chased by Victorian clubs the last I heard, even under contract.
Schultz is untradable unless we get a top 5 pick. We cannot afford to lose any more b22 players if we are serious about finals. Any draft pick/player we get for him won't come close to replicating his output.

Brockman to Eagles
Henry to Hawks

We get currency from either. Which at best would be Eagles 3rd rounder + some sort of upgrade/ pick shuffles.

Anyone hoping for anything inside pick 30 is dreaming.

I’d rather attempt a player trade, but there’s been no real noise of any links
Not keen on Brockman.

Dogs very keen on Henry. Dees seemed to have simmered down but I’d love to get that 2nd rounder back.

I agree, 3-4 min. Most likely 4. I have a feeling Hamling will go around again but will likely be via Rookie 1 year contract. Also Corbett a big chance to be delisted and selected as Rookie. They would effectively replace the promoted Treacy/Banfield.

JOM going nowhere.
Some chance Will Brodie is traded.
Very high likelihood Henry has accepted a Colin Young contract elsewhere.

Tabs would be offered nothing in a trade. Hurt his back again in the WAFL. Fyfe talked pre-game about how his back injury stuffed up the rest of his body and was mentally hard to get going again. Tabs will be retained to see if they can get him right over the pre-season. He could also be placed on LT injury list for SSP or mid season pick.

I’d expect that we look at a player to increase wing depth.

The likely net result of that:
4 ND selections
2 RL promotions
1 traded in player
2 Delisted players added to Rookie list
1 SSP/Mid Season draftee to rookie list (possibly 2 - Kuek and Tabs)
Will Brodie gets traded, watch the fans go ape.
Absolutely no way you rely on JOM, Fyfe as midfield depth. Not a chance.

4 ****ing years to JOM. Never will understand that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back