List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

Denver for Henry straight swap?
Cant Get Enough Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Denver has shown absolutely nothing at AFL level. Even contracted it's not worth it. Doubly so given I don't think he is B22 for us.
Problem is what else do the hawks have? Brockman will want the eagles and Pick 29 is to low for Henry.

Could they upgrade Pick 29 by trading Brockman?

O

Out of contract. Would be cheap cheap
I would say cost is Delisted Free agent, rookie list or Fourth round pick. I’m not sure that fifth round picks are traded anymore. I remember Rhys Palmer being traded to Carlton (I think) for pick 115 or something and even back then the number draft picks didn’t go past about 68-72. GC after playing silly buggers last year lost all bargaining power.

Problem is what else do the hawks have? Brockman will want the eagles and Pick 29 is to low for Henry.

Could they upgrade Pick 29 by trading Brockman?
I think 29 + change or F2 + change is our best case scenario.

Not sure what Brockman is worth but I don't think they get an upgrade since he'll be going to West Coast and they'll want as many top 25 picks as they can get. They might get something around 40 that might help.

Not sure what Brockman is worth but I don't think they get an upgrade since he'll be going to West Coast and they'll want as many top 25 picks as they can get. They might get something around 40 that might help.
Yep - the only way we secure a 1st round pick is via upgrade the points value for Henry is around 21-27 (ie early 2nd). How we get to that point is many scenario’s. What you propose is around the mark. I would definitely want some change for F2. Same scenario as Melbourne and Jackson (annd our F1). Always a chance that F2 pushes up to 30 or more. You just never know.

F2, 48 > Henry, 58

Or the scenario I proposed on Henry thread. Both trades amount to that pick value range I refer to above.

Yep - the only way we secure a 1st round pick is via upgrade the points value for Henry is around 21-27 (ie early 2nd). How we get to that point is many scenario’s. What you propose is around the mark. I would definitely want some change for F2. Same scenario as Melbourne and Jackson (annd our F1). Always a chance that F2 pushes up to 30 or more. You just never know.

F2, 48 > Henry, 58

Or the scenario I proposed on Henry thread. Both trades amount to that pick value range I refer to above.

Would the eagles be any chance of giving 19 for Brockman and Pick 29? Problem is they hold the first pick in psd. Maybe hawks could add something else

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks are after Bailey Smith. If they get him, surely Henry is off the menu?

If its the hawks what do you see it being?
WC arent giving a pick above 40 for Brockman and not involving anything near pick 19. They wouldnt even move one spot for Brockman IMO. Pick 29 as gross as it is feels pretty much all we could hope for. Maybe some meaningless late upgrade chucked in as well

WC arent giving a pick above 40 for Brockman and not involving anything near pick 19. They wouldnt even move one spot for Brockman IMO. Pick 29 as gross as it is feels pretty much all we could hope for. Maybe some meaningless late upgrade chucked in as well
Ahhhh that is so so gross!!! Fingers crossed he chooses the dogs then over hawks

Hawks board is some copium on what Bailey Smith will cost them if he asks a trade there

F2, 48 > Henry, 58

Not far off at all I reckon. Honestly think this Henry situation is not dissimilar from Langdon, I recall Langdon being in ripping form before leaving.

Is there a world where we get the Hawks second this year and a swap of future seconds? Haven't crunched the numbers so I could be well off the mark.

Pick 3 would be the starting point
Yep, there is no scenario it doesnt involve pick 3 in some way. It's overs, I dont think he's worth it but they arent giving him up without getting pick 3. Hawks fans thinking otherwise are hilarious

Last edited:
Yep, there is no scenario it doesnt involve pick 3 would be the trade. It's overs, I dont think he's worth it but they arent giving him up without getting pick 3. Hawks fans thinking otherwise are hilarious
Absolutely!!! I went on the board and couldn’t believe it!! One guy was like future first and take Duursma with 3. While also getting Henry i might add 🤦

Just been reading a the Crows board who reckon we'd happily trade Cox for a 2nd round pick because we'd get nothing for him when he leaves the next year. I think people just always undervalue oppo players.
Nah, the SA teams are some of the worst at this. If someone on here said that we'll get Naughton for a future 1st with a straight face this year I'd have you banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back