List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:
If freo can turn Henry into DGB & Sharp would be a win
How is that a win. Sharp played zero games in 2023. I’m not buying into a theory that he wasn’t played because he is leaving. Absolute crock… he just wasn’t good enough. Played some ok games in a strong GC VFL team but also played many just vanilla games. I don’t mind him being added but would be at cost of nothing or a F4 - similar to what we traded for Corbett last year who played a few games in 2022. I honestly think Sharp be delisted.

DGB just doesn’t look like he has the necessary AFL attributes. Has time on his side and under contract. WC may have a look at him but I understand they are very keen on Curtin if their recruiters attending Claremont games are anything to go by. They have Barrass, McGovern, versatile Rotham, Harry Edwards, Rhett Bazzo and adding versatile Curtin to mix makes me think DGB won’t be leaving Hawks this year.

In your scenario we end up with depth players who are a good chance not to make it on what I’ve seen and say goodbye to a young player who has shown he is finding AFL consistency on the Wing.

The recruiters consistently say after the first bracket of standout picks (ie 6-8) the next bracket is very even all the way out to around 35. If we can have two picks in the 20-30 range and manage to somehow drag our remaining picks into the 40’s (academy bidding, F/s will help) we will end up with some decent king term additions.

Pick 29 is the price if Hawthorn want him.

If Hawthorn want our picks in the 50s for points they can have them but pick 29 must be involved.
If we give them 52/58 for pts we need something back. F3 would be my target. They can have our F4 if it helps get the deal done but I agree.

Pick 29 is the price if Hawthorn want him.

If Hawthorn want our picks in the 50s for points they can have them but pick 29 must be involved.
**** no, show some spine. Henry was picked in the first round, we have developed him for four years, and you can clearly see his potential. We are soft at extracting max value at the table.

Because you've come to expect it...

If Hawthorn want a couple of players and one being Henry, currently holding pick #3. Let's say the other player is McKay but they won't pay enough to trigger Band 1 compensation...

First trade with North:
Hawks send #3 to North for McKay, #16 and F2 (AFL compo pick they don't need to trade for a player)

Then:
Hawks send #16 and F3 to Fremantle for Henry, #52 and #58

How is that a win. Sharp played zero games in 2023. I’m not buying into a theory that he wasn’t played because he is leaving. Absolute crock… he just wasn’t good enough. Played some ok games in a strong GC VFL team but also played many just vanilla games. I don’t mind him being added but would be at cost of nothing or a F4 - similar to what we traded for Corbett last year who played a few games in 2022. I honestly think Sharp be delisted.

DGB just doesn’t look like he has the necessary AFL attributes. Has time on his side and under contract. WC may have a look at him but I understand they are very keen on Curtin if their recruiters attending Claremont games are anything to go by. They have Barrass, McGovern, versatile Rotham, Harry Edwards, Rhett Bazzo and adding versatile Curtin to mix makes me think DGB won’t be leaving Hawks this year.

In your scenario we end up with depth players who are a good chance not to make it on what I’ve seen and say goodbye to a young player who has shown he is finding AFL consistency on the Wing.

The recruiters consistently say after the first bracket of standout picks (ie 6-8) the next bracket is very even all the way out to around 35. If we can have two picks in the 20-30 range and manage to somehow drag our remaining picks into the 40’s (academy bidding, F/s will help) we will end up with some decent king term additions.

both players were were top end talent their draft year you don’t just lose that, tbh you can think whatever you want about sharp but it is pretty much a known fact his papers were stamped as soon as the trade didn’t go thought. (Have a mate at the suns) DGB is more of a risk but think it’s no bigger risk then going to the draft with a pick in the 30’s that they’d get back for Henry

Pick 29 for Henry sounds like a fair enough deal for all parties.
Hawks have to match a bid on Will McCabe around 18 or so, so the pick will end up being chewed up anyway. Something like Henry and pick 58 for 29 would work well.

both players were were top end talent their draft year you don’t just lose that, tbh you can think whatever you want about sharp but it is pretty much a known fact his papers were stamped as soon as the trade didn’t go thought. (Have a mate at the suns) DGB is more of a risk but think it’s no bigger risk then going to the draft with a pick in the 30’s that they’d get back for Henry
After 3 or 4 years, exposed AFL form far outweighs draft year performances. I seem to remember we had this debate about Josh Schache too last year! He didn’t do much in 2023 after all.

After 3 or 4 years, exposed AFL form far outweighs draft year performances. I seem to remember we had this debate about Josh Schache too last year! He didn’t do much in 2023 after all.
For every schache there is plenty of winners. Freo are clearly keen on sharp after last year.
DGB give them depth at both end. Get him back home settled could be a steal.
Everyone is always happy to look at the negatives. Look how long it took Henry, takes longer for talls worth a punt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tall player with marking power, which Denver has, can operate at both ends of the field. I wouldn't expect a tall with his shape, he's quite skinny, to be particularly effective in his best role when his weapon is marking and reading the flight of the ball - not one on one defending or elite speed and agility.

To me, he reads like the sort of player who hasn't thrived away from home and could return very cheap for a lesson that you don't take key defenders with top five picks but if they can clunk a mark and you play them forward (or loose as the spare down back) then you can't buy them with even a top five pick.

There's a price for DGB that is appropriate, the cost will be a list spot we might not have to spare.

Yeah, da **** is this giving them stuff back business? 29 sucks for what Henry is doing now as a 21 year old. I understand we are getting ****ed in this situation which is why we’d have to take 29 but like **** should we be helping them with points unless it benefits us

29 is going to be mid thirties, that's unders for Henry

I certainly wouldn't be giving anything with Henry for 29
Henry, 52, 58 for 29 and F3 - most in hawks favour
Henry, 52, 58 for 29 and a player
Henry, 52, 58, F3 for 29 and F2

Anyway I reckon the concensus valuation for Henry is going to be an early 20s pick (in points terms).

I really think DGB is a McAsey style bust. I would rather a pick in the 20s tbh

I'm on the other side of this, i'd rather we give him a crack.

29 is 100% unders, however i'm not sure we can get any better so its likely to be pretty close to the mark unfortunately.

I'm on the other side of this, i'd rather we give him a crack.

29 is 100% unders, however i'm not sure we can get any better so its likely to be pretty close to the mark unfortunately.
Yeah, I dont like 29, I think Hawks would be getting a bargain and I would be more than comfortable with Bell taking a stand and prepared to lose him for nothing basically but I understand Hawks have zero motivation to work for something better. Giving something back with 29 would be ridiculous IMO

Yeah, I dont like 29, I think Hawks would be getting a bargain and I would be more than comfortable with Bell taking a stand and prepared to lose him for nothing basically but I understand Hawks have zero motivation to work for something better. Giving something back with 29 would be ridiculous IMO
We paid two firsts and a second for an out of contract player. Yet everytime our players are ooc we let them walk so easily.

Yeah, da * is this giving them stuff back business? 29 sucks for what Henry is doing now as a 21 year old. I understand we are getting ****ed in this situation which is why we’d have to take 29 but like * should we be helping them with points unless it benefits us
We don't have to do business with the Hawks, Dogs sound keen so just deal with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back