List Mgmt. 2023 List Management thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod notice after Mr Bob did a lot of annoying work in moving days of posts out of here. As we are heading into offseason, this thread is for 2023 list management only. Getting upset on previous trades can be taken to the vent thread. Lets keep this thread on track in the part of the year it's actually relevant

Last edited:

Surely Billings is part of the Henry deal. I want an AFL footballer not a rubbish draft pick.
I wouldn’t hate us getting Billing’s.

He’s on decent coin though so would have to make sure it fits in the books and doesn’t effect our ability to retain our current list I feel.

I wouldn’t wanna lose one of our current boys for the sake of Jack Billings hahaha

I’d rather gift games to Stanley, Erasmus and others as opposed to Billings.

I mean he wouldn’t be terrible, but he’s no game changer IMO.

He’d come here if he thought he was guaranteed best 22, which he would be, but I’d imagine a JOM scenario. Reasonable but has many asking why?

He’s also an absolute hack of a kick.

Yeah I’ve looked into this just now and I don’t think we will get one,
Two comparable deals in recent years were Luke Dunstan and Tim O Brien, both 2 year deals.
Both didn’t get any compo picks.
Sydney would need to be paying 31 yo Joel some serious money to trigger one
Carlton got a third round pick last year for an older Liam Jones who had been out of the game for a year. Admittedly Jones did get three years, but years aren't that important to the compensation formula.

I remember Tyrone Vickery generated band 3 compo even though he only got a two year contract. That was because the Hawks didn't want to trade for him so they paid him more to ensure that Richmond got enough compensation to let him.

Another factor in our favour is the apparent recent jump in salaries. It looks like with the new CBA teams have been throwing around bigger contracts this year, so an average contract offer for the 2024 and 2025 season is going to be compared to the 2023 season and seen to be above average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarry Oliver? Surely no chance

8b0eca67d83ec71e4e5ccb9c68fedf1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was super keen on us chasing Tarryn Thomas when the rumours of him leaving North were swirling around.

Obviously doesn’t fit into our good bloke policy but we need to find an X factor, Rolls Royce mid imo. We can be a little bit one paced through though the centre.

Anyone got any thoughts on who we could target on the cheap to fit that role?

Plus the mental torture of playing for the Saints…
Facts. Anytime we lose players it hurts my heart but Hill and now Henry have been extra painful.

I simply cannot fathom how anyone in their right mind would choose to leave Freo for the god damn Saints.

Well obviously the $’s but you couldn’t pay me enough hahahah

I was super keen on us chasing Tarryn Thomas when the rumours of him leaving North were swirling around.

Obviously doesn’t fit into our good bloke policy but we need to find an X factor, Rolls Royce mid imo. We can be a little bit one paced through though the centre.

Anyone got any thoughts on who we could target on the cheap to fit that role?
There’s good bloke policies and ‘no complete arseh*le‘ policies. I prefer we have the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back