List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you were going to break them into categories, who's top tier, who's serviceable and who's sub-par? Where are the lines drawn between the groupings? Because there's a crazy level of difference between English & Williams.
The top 5 are players who genuinely impact games regularly, 6 - 14 Do a job and compete, 15 - 25 are a liability when matched up against anyone else in the top 14. Jackson prob the outlier in the list who can impact games and is developing and prob moves into top 8 within 2 years.

A big motivation behind moving Fisher on would be for salary cap space imo. If we are chasing Gresham this makes even more sense
Personally my rationale for wanting him moved on is the conditional nature of his approach. It is corrosive to the team hunting/defending piece. Watching what the injection of Fog, Cunners and Martin has had over the last couple has been pretty instructive albeit against 2 questionable sides. But we look so much better. If we can off load a good chunk of salary on the way through even better. It is a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation though. Playing him in the 2's isn't great for trade value, yet would be happy to leave Fog and Co in the 1's for the remainder of the season to see how they hold up against stronger sides.

After being at the Hawks game - no chance at all. I think if TDK leaves we need to pull out all stops and go after Sean Darcy
Sean Darcy will do very little to shift the needle for us. We need speed around the ground and kicking skills and a trade for Darcy would absolutely decimate our salary cap and draft currency.

A makeshift ruck to go with Pitto is all we can hope for at this point, Cook and Lloyd have already stated we're hitting the draft this year to get some high quality youngsters in the door.

Sean Darcy will do very little to shift the needle for us. We need speed around the ground and kicking skills and a trade for Darcy would absolutely decimate our salary cap and draft currency.

A makeshift ruck to go with Pitto is all we can hope for at this point, Cook and Lloyd have already stated we're hitting the draft this year to get some high quality youngsters in the door.
I guess it depends on what we get for TDK if he goes to the Cats (whom apparently are also after Darcy).
I'd rather see Silvagni in the Ruck than young because he is much better around the ground, and even though is shorter, he contests a lot better one on one. Young is tall but was easily pushed out to the contest.

If we do go that way I think we'd probably be better waiting for Mirkov than relying on Young.
TBH I'd try Young forward simply to draw OP defenders. He can mark OK, so maybe he'd be OK from 30 out.

Reid is a gun, but I wouldn't trade multiple pointy end picks/players for 1 draftee

Think WC will field and except an overs deal this year, which will set them up nicely
I don't think it will worry us in the immediate regarding WC I think they will do the best overs deal regardless.
Going to Melbourne or GWS would not be good for us.

I guess it depends on what we get for TDK if he goes to the Cats (whom apparently are also after Darcy).
I'd rather see Silvagni in the Ruck than young because he is much better around the ground, and even though is shorter, he contests a lot better one on one. Young is tall but was easily pushed out to the contest.

If we do go that way I think we'd probably be better waiting for Mirkov than relying on Young.
TBH I'd try Young forward simply to draw OP defenders. He can mark OK, so maybe he'd be OK from 30 out.
Young may not be here according to rumours on the Pies board.

I think he and Weiters just need a pre season to work out their chemistry issues, Jones and Weiters started off terribly with Jones frequently lost in no mans land and Weitering ending up at sea trying to cover for him. They worked it out though after a couple of years.

In terms of Ruck cover I'd be going straight to the Bulldogs or Suns and asking for Sweet or Chol, neither would cost the world and allows us to go to the draft and wait for Mirkov or O'Keefe to come through.

Carlton had 9 hitouts to advantage. Young has 1 and JSOS had 8 which is an incredible 66% for his career hit 12 hitouts

Young may not be here according to rumours on the Pies board.

I think he and Weiters just need a pre season to work out their chemistry issues, Jones and Weiters started off terribly with Jones frequently lost in no mans land and Weitering ending up at sea trying to cover for him. They worked it out though after a couple of years.

In terms of Ruck cover I'd be going straight to the Bulldogs or Suns and asking for Sweet or Chol, neither would cost the world and allows us to go to the draft and wait for Mirkov or O'Keefe to come through.
Link to Pies Rumour?

Interesting bit of body language I observed at the Hawks game, I think it must have been around the time he was reported, Young jogged past Weiters and gave him a consoling pat on the shoulder, and Weiters appeared to pull away from him like he was pissed off. Not sure what to read into it but it didn't look positive.

Last edited:
Link to Pies Rumour?

Interesting bit of body language I observed at the Hawks game, I think it must have been around the time he was reported, Young jogged past Weiters and gave him a consoling pat on the shoulder, and Weiters appeared to pull away from him like he was pissed off. Not what to read into it but it didn't look positive.
Was a week or two ago so not sure I'd be able to track it down easily but believe it was sparked from one of their 'ITK posters' from Twitter called Piesource (from memory) who tends to have good info... Take of that what you want.

I really like Young and thought he was awesome last year so hoping if there are issues between them they can get it resolved. No reason why they can't play in the same team together in terms of their athletic abilities. Youngs great for key forwards Weiters tends to struggle with like M King and those taller reach types.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a week or two ago so not sure I'd be able to track it down easily but believe it was sparked from one of their 'ITK posters' from Twitter called Piesource (from memory) who tends to have good info... Take of that what you want.

I really like Young and thought he was awesome last year so hoping if there are issues between them they can get it resolved. No reason why they can't play in the same team together in terms of their athletic abilities. Youngs great for key forwards Weiters tends to struggle with like M King and those taller reach types.
Also I believe Young signed an extension with us earlier this year? Would have to be a huge falling out to want to move on so soon afterwards so hoping its just make believe.

There was a marked difference in the way Young and JSOS contested the ruck. Young largely tried to body his opponent, and was generally out-muscled, out-positioned. JSOS stood off and leapt into the contest. Both of Hawthorn's rucks, despite being much taller, weren't getting off the ground, and JSOS was able to exploit this. It won't work against Jackson though. Also shows how useful TDK would have been with his leap.

Like I posted last week, the caller sounded genuine to me and I think he well and truly let the 'cat' outta the bag...
Geelong main target is Sean Darcy. Even Chris Scott has intimated that "I wouldn't say that we are interested but if he was available we would be interested" on afl360 .

There's no way they'd want or be able to afford both. Maybe Darcy has said no?

Personally my rationale for wanting him moved on is the conditional nature of his approach. It is corrosive to the team hunting/defending piece. Watching what the injection of Fog, Cunners and Martin has had over the last couple has been pretty instructive albeit against 2 questionable sides. But we look so much better. If we can off load a good chunk of salary on the way through even better. It is a robbing Peter to pay Paul situation though. Playing him in the 2's isn't great for trade value, yet would be happy to leave Fog and Co in the 1's for the remainder of the season to see how they hold up against stronger sides.
Yeh I agree. Cuningham, Martin and Fogarty have much stronger bodies then Motlop, Durdin and Fisher and it has been very obvious.
Fisher probably isn’t going to improve in this area so I’d move on. I’ve always really liked him but atm I don’t see him as a need at all and I imagine he is getting a reasonable pay packet.

If Geelong do get TDK.. then I’d be asking for Esava and late first rounder.

Make it really hurt. Go after Holmes.

But I think if it DID go that way, picks is the main currency. Nobody does player for player any more! (They should!)

There was a marked difference in the way Young and JSOS contested the ruck. Young largely tried to body his opponent, and was generally out-muscled, out-positioned. JSOS stood off and leapt into the contest. Both of Hawthorn's rucks, despite being much taller, weren't getting off the ground, and JSOS was able to exploit this. It won't work against Jackson though. Also shows how useful TDK would have been with his leap.
Other interesting thing was a few times Harry contested the ruck and he genuinely has no idea what to do... I wouldn't think its that hard for a 200cm player but looked like bambi.

Guys I've heard the Eagles are willing to trade most players. We should have a big crack at Liam 'Flying' Ryan. Would be perfect for us.
Maybe in the short term.
If TDK was to depart, Bailey Williams would be the one I’d try to prise out of the last year of his contract.
Victorian, similar attributes to TDK. Not going to happen but he’s the player best suited to our needs in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back