List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On current form it’s pick 40-50, but he’s contracted and if the massive offer is true WCE would have to cough up a pick in the 25-30 range for us to bite you would imagine. Could be quite a bit of off season movement at the club this year with Fish, TDK and potentially Sos.
I doubt that both TDK and Silvagni will go.
If TDK goes then we need to keep Silvagni as a 3rd tall forward.
It will be very poor list management if they both go, unless we recruit another ruckman.

*Nb - I said ruckman! JSOS is not tall enough! LOL

Fog would need to hold his spot and form for at least another month to be considered for another year. He's been great but we've had two easy kills so far. Will be interesting to see how he goes against a better team in Perth.

Honey has AFL traits, we just don't seem to be able to develop them. He'd be a delist at this stage.

So "assuming" that TDK does go, who would people like as a replacement 1st/2nd ruck?
Not just including potential trade bait from Sydney/Geelong/St Kilda but as an overall view of the comp.

IMHO, this is an area we've failed to address in recent years, most likely as a result of expecting more out of Pittonet and indeed, TDK himself.

Meek, Hickey, Lycett (homesick Sth Aussie) are a few that come to mind that should have had the question asked.

We will need to get creative. Not sure Fish even nets us a pick within the top 40 at the moment. His value is low. Trading him for any less is not worth it as he can turn it around, hence the appeal.

TDK will bring in a strong pick and we can play with our future first. I have no issue replacing our bottom few (Honey/Philp) with late picks as we don't lose out in 2024 but we can't just flick valuable depth for nothing.
Not sure Fish is first choice 22 anymore...

Owies, Martin, Fogerty & Cuningham all gel well together...

Seem to be offering more than Fisher, Durdin & Motlop...

Not sure Fish is first choice 22 anymore...

Owies, Martin, Fogerty & Cuningham all gel well together...

Seem to be offering more than Fisher, Durdin & Motlop...

Doesn't have to be locked in best 22 to provide value to the list.

Fisher had them all covered quite easily less than 12 months ago. Let's not forget how much time this group has spent rehabbing and finding form in the reserves.

It is a long season and we need 30+ players if we want to finally make the jump in 2024.

Keep
Kemp
Cincotta
Newman
O'Keeffe
Fogarty
Cuningham- if he stays fit

Delist
Marchbank
Ed
Honey
Plowman
Durdin
Philip
Akuei
Possible Mirkov depending on injury

Trade
JSOS FA to St Kilda round 3 comp pick about 44
McGovern and Fisher to WC for pick 38, 55 and 57
Dow to St Kilda for pick 50
TDK to Sydney for pick 6 and McLean
Picks 50, 55, 57, 61, 67 and F 1st to GC for pick 7 and 28
Pick 44 to WBD for Sweet.

Go to the Draft with picks 5, 6, 7, 28 and 38

Draft
Caddy
Watson
Edwards
Murphy
Anastasopodos

Rookie Draft
Ronke or Cahill
Backup Tall defender
Backup ruckman

I don't think WCE are in the position to drop a second round pick on a player who will never be in the best 15 at a club. They are after him because they think he'll be cheap and his value is low. A pick within the top 30 would be a no brainer.

Most clubs will make 8-10 changes in an off-season and you hope that the majority of them come from the bottom of the list. Then you try and bolster your best 30 or so with your new additions.

I don't feel like we are doing either by moving on Fisher for unders (removing a bottom 8 player or improving our best 22 + initial depth).

For a player like Honey or Philp, you are losing the 40th player on the list and replacing them with a player who would be 40th on the list but has the potential to be better. So I have no issue in that.

Perhaps I just rate Fish higher than others but that's how I see it.

WC currently holding pick 36 and 37 I think

A lot of chat about what ruck we target if TDK goes, but we need another ruck now, Austin has dropped the ball regarding rucks, even if fit, Markova wouldnt have played today.

We need reliable ruck reserves.

If TDK leaves, we will need two new rucks

Keep
Kemp
Cincotta
Newman
O'Keeffe
Fogarty
Cuningham- if he stays fit

Delist
Marchbank
Ed
Honey
Plowman
Durdin
Philip
Akuei
Possible Mirkov depending on injury

Trade
JSOS FA to St Kilda round 3 comp pick about 44
McGovern and Fisher to WC for pick 38, 55 and 57
Dow to St Kilda for pick 50
TDK to Sydney for pick 6 and McLean
Picks 50, 55, 57, 61, 67 and F 1st to GC for pick 7 and 28
Pick 44 to WBD for Sweet.

Go to the Draft with picks 5, 6, 7, 28 and 38

Draft
Caddy
Watson
Edwards
Murphy
Anastasopodos

Rookie Draft
Ronke or Cahill
Backup Tall defender
Backup ruckman
If we get picks 5, 6, 7, 28 and 38 I'll pole vault to the moon! LOL

Seriously though, if that were to happen, I'd be looking to package deal part of it for pick 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I were the club I’d throw Hurn a one year deal to play 2 years to be assistant coach. Solid citizen. winner.
Was a great half back but his best is long gone.
Has way too many injuries atm, or too high an injury frequency shall we say.
Not a bad option as an assistant though.

Not lately he isn’t.

Has played in just 1 more win since the start of 2021 than Jesse Motlop, in nearly double the number of games.

What is happening at the Eagles at the moment doesn’t take away from the fact the bloke is a premiership captain. He still has elite skills and reads the play well enough to still be capable. He is an on field leader. He wouldn’t even need to play that many games and we offer him an assistant coaching role to make it worth him moving.

Fog would need to hold his spot and form for at least another month to be considered for another year. He's been great but we've had two easy kills so far. Will be interesting to see how he goes against a better team in Perth.

Honey has AFL traits, we just don't seem to be able to develop them. He'd be a delist at this stage.
At the very least Fogs form has at least made Motlop earn his recall.. If we can not bring in a better option at seasons end I wouldn’t be against keeping LF, maybe move to the rookie list.

At the very least Fogs form has at least made Motlop earn his recall.. If we can not bring in a better option at seasons end I wouldn’t be against keeping LF, maybe move to the rookie list.
Yeah, it seems our Lachie/Lochie quota will go down at end of year... LC, yes; LF possible; LOB and LP most likely gone...

So "assuming" that TDK does go, who would people like as a replacement 1st/2nd ruck?
Not just including potential trade bait from Sydney/Geelong/St Kilda but as an overall view of the comp.

IMHO, this is an area we've failed to address in recent years, most likely as a result of expecting more out of Pittonet and indeed, TDK himself.

Meek, Hickey, Lycett (homesick Sth Aussie) are a few that come to mind that should have had the question asked.
What about McLean from Sydney as the 3rd tall 2nd ruck

Briggs.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we get picks 5, 6, 7, 28 and 38 I'll pole vault to the moon! LOL

Seriously though, if that were to happen, I'd be looking to package deal part of it for pick 1

I don’t understand the logic behind trading 3 quality kids for one quality kid.

Even in your own opinion how many times since the year 2000 has pick 1 been the best player?

5, 6 and 7 gives a lot better chance of not only finding the best player but 3 quality players.

I don’t understand the logic behind trading 3 quality kids for one quality kid.

Even in your own opinion how many times since the year 2000 has pick 1 been the best player?

5, 6 and 7 gives a lot better chance of not only finding the best player but 3 quality players.
Reid is the type of player that will make others look and play better around him, this could be worth more to us than picking multiple players.
Imo both options have merit, if we do find ourselves in this position it will be interesting to see which way we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back