List Mgmt. 2023 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as incoming players, I'm not sure what that looks like exactly. Some players I'd like to see potentially would be:
Elijah Hollands
James Jordon

One of the below:
Mabior Chol (Great 2nd ruck option - 2 Years on his contract at what you'd imagine would be average or below average)
Todd Goldstein (Does he have a current contract that we'd need to consume? 1 Year would be worthwhile, 2 would be a risk)
Hollands - if he's cheap. Not sure where he fits on our list.
Jordon - Is he any better than what we have in a wing/mid role?
Chol - Is lazy and ruckwork is ordinary. Was traded from Richmond when Hardwick was coach. Interested to know what their relationship is like.
Goldstein - Four years ago yes. Now, no.

When hawthorn were selling off their veterans last year, I honestly believe we should have made a play for Breust. He would be perfect for our forward line. Possibly one year too late now.

We also desperately need some outside run with pace in our midfield to compliment our current midfielders.

We also need that player with X factor ie Petracca, DeGoey, Papley, Bolton, Rankin that can also run through the midfield. Motlop can be that player but another one would be ideal. If you look at this years draft Reid is out of the question unless you potentially trade Harry. Watson is the other one, who may be gettable but also may cost too much.

Hollands - if he's cheap. Not sure where he fits on our list.
Jordon - Is he any better than what we have in a wing/mid role?
Chol - Is lazy and ruckwork is ordinary. Was traded from Richmond when Hardwick was coach. Interested to know what their relationship is like.
Goldstein - Four years ago yes. Now, no.
Jordon is a stop gap at best and not an upgrade on Fisher but if we can get him for very little he has shown enough to suggest he could eventually be a solid HFF/Mid option. Right now, not great.

Chol is lazy, but he has very high potential. Speculative talent at best I do agree.

Goldstein still the 7th best ruckman by average hitouts in the competition, 6th for average hitouts to advantage. Ahead of players such as Gawn, Cameron, Briggs and Pittonet in the latter category. Think he's worth a look for a year or two.

Of all the potential players listed here as possible inclusions only EHollands would be the one to go after,the others wouldn’t get a game and are similar to what we have.

Hollands has huge upside.

The wild card is Gresham (personally not a fan) but if he could get to his best and the price is right he could be a potential in.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think we approach Tarryn Thomas & before anyone loses their shit - hear me out.

1st thing is to see if the dick has learned from his disgusting behavior (conversation stops if he even gives an inkling that he hasn’t)

He needs to come up with an action plan - which needs to include ongoing counseling, setting up a self funded charitable organization for women (big whack out of his contract $- we can’t make him do that but he can if he decides too), genuine remorse for his actions, public apology & becomes the poster child for reform & education.

Everyone deserves an opportunity to grow & do better - he needs to basically front up, own everything & campaign to help stop the shit he was doing.

Would have to be completely genuine thou & come at a significant financial & personal cost- which would need to be his idea.

Contract comes with a heap of clauses to ensure that if he does anything even remotely stupid again he get the flick.

Turn a very negative situation into a positive one - can’t stress this enough - it would have to completely genuine & he would have to work his ass off (off the field) to atone for what he has done.

How is the young fellow going (I forget his name…) who we rookied as a ruckman at the start of the year? Not Mirkov. The other guy.

I really like O'Keffee, will be a Pitto replacement in time, but needs a couple of off seasons building his body up

Naturally competitive, but very smart player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we do about Lewis Young?

He was Jacob Weitering 2.0 last year, but now seems he won't ever be considered @ AFL level again unless Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp, Cincotta and Durdin are all hurt.

He's got 2 years left on a contract signed End of 2022. Does he have any currency? Or does he sit in the VFL for the next 2 years as a depth's depth player?

What do we do about Lewis Young?

He was Jacob Weitering 2.0 last year, but now seems he won't ever be considered @ AFL level again unless Weitering, Marchbank, Kemp, Cincotta and Durdin are all hurt.

He's got 2 years left on a contract signed End of 2022. Does he have any currency? Or does he sit in the VFL for the next 2 years as a depth's depth player?
Contracted until 2026
He puts in a power of work & increases his awareness & agilty.
Gets quicker of thought & movement & hopefully pushes for his spot back.
Only 24 and he’s big unit

Im all for goldy for a yr or two would help us hugely and help TDK develop his ruck craft
Sorry Pittonet is vfl level at best and only used if injuries hit
how many rucks do we want .. we currently have 4 and how long does it take TDK to develop .. by the time he develops dudes gotta retire.. he should be going number 1 next year .. pitto as backup and a chop out from sos or whoever is resting forward

I like that idea ..we have a plethora of Backman , durds , young and kemp couldn’t get a game but 1 injury to CC or mckay and we have no backups ..
which sort of leave jsos as

1695611842618.jpeg

is hollands a genuine possibilty? any itk posters heard anything?
I do wonder if we're just saying his name because his brother plays for us. On paper his strengths seem very desireable, but he hasn't been so good for the Suns, barely gets picked.

Having said that, his VFL grand final was elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back