Memberships 2023 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still waiting on their membership packs? Received my membership card over a month ago… but no scarf/pack yet. Meanwhile, my family who live a suburb over (in Geelong) received theirs last month. Should I call the club to ask?

Anyone still waiting on their membership packs? Received my membership card over a month ago… but no scarf/pack yet. Meanwhile, my family who live a suburb over (in Geelong) received theirs last month. Should I call the club to ask?
I haven't got either card or membership pack.

There are no scarves sent out automatically.

You should have got an email asking to redeem from the hawk store with a free postage code - you can use your “credit” for a scarf - no cost, or you use your credit towards something else like a shirt or hat which you may need to top up.

I should be receiving a scarf in my pack as I am a Gold member. Gold and above receive a scarf and a voucher, not a choice between the two.

There are no scarves sent out automatically.

You should have got an email asking to redeem from the hawk store with a free postage code - you can use your “credit” for a scarf - no cost, or you use your credit towards something else like a shirt or hat which you may need to top up.

the above is correct as I got my scarf delivered via mail. (free gold upgrade from silver again this year)

Club could do better in regards to interstate ticketing notification.

Got an email at 10:08am today telling me that the tickets for the Hawks vs Port match in adelaide go on sale TODAY at 10:00am and need to claim my free ticket TODAY.

Normally we get advanced notice the friday beforehand..... not 8 minutes after the sale starts.....

I stand corrected. Quite a few of the membership tiers don’t have a scarf sent automatically.

I do like the years of membership patch that you can iron onto a jacket, scarf or hat. Have collected many scarves and a few hats over the years - so don’t really need another one and can use the store credit towards something I don’t have.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Infuriating that you can't select seats and get randomly allocated spots this year. I hate sitting on Level 1 as you lose perspective, but for the Geelong game all it does it allocate seats to behind the goals and on level 1.

Another example of the AFL taking fans for granted - can't believe you can't select a seat in this modern world.

I got the email from the club at 1.30pm today saying tickets would be onsale from midday
back to the future volver al futuro GIF

Infuriating that you can't select seats and get randomly allocated spots this year. I hate sitting on Level 1 as you lose perspective, but for the Geelong game all it does it allocate seats to behind the goals and on level 1.

Another example of the AFL taking fans for granted - can't believe you can't select a seat in this modern world.
How exactly do you expect this to work? You have 50k+ people all trying to select seats at the same time, you can't put a hold on seats and wait for one person to be done. The wait time to get in would be infuriating. If you did allow it, like airlines do, you'd be constantly get error messages like "These seats are no longer available, please try again".

Being "The modern world" is irrelevant, there's just no plausible solution when dealing with that many people.

Thank god for the pubs big screens and mates, will try again for cats game on sale March.? tried to get two tickets for me and my son! No luck, sold out !
tried not with membership got random allocated seats but map disappeared so I couldn’t check where!
Back to the pub!

How exactly do you expect this to work? You have 50k+ people all trying to select seats at the same time, you can't put a hold on seats and wait for one person to be done. The wait time to get in would be infuriating. If you did allow it, like airlines do, you'd be constantly get error messages like "These seats are no longer available, please try again".

Being "The modern world" is irrelevant, there's just no plausible solution when dealing with that many people.
Except they did exactly that last year

I haven't received anything, not even the membership cards. I've been emailing the club about this and I keep being told it is with the "mailing house" to get the packs assembled and sent out. I've sent them an email this morning registering my disappointment with this. Been debited almost $500 from my account for a family gold membership and so far got bupkis except for the voucher emails.

I would definitely contact the club and let them know you haven't received your packs.

That seems extremely strange, I'm a gold member with my old man but we got our complete packs late last year. I'd definitely be contacting the club as I would have thought they would have sent all the gold packs at very similar times.

I haven't got either card or membership pack.

Contact the club and let them know.

It isn't good enough that memberships roll over in November/December and it's the end of February and we haven't received what we have and are paying for.

I haven't received anything, not even the membership cards. I've been emailing the club about this and I keep being told it is with the "mailing house" to get the packs assembled and sent out. I've sent them an email this morning registering my disappointment with this. Been debited almost $500 from my account for a family gold membership and so far got bupkis except for the voucher emails.

I would definitely contact the club and let them know you haven't received your packs.
That's poor from the club.
I had a similar response when trying to get 2 of my memberships (not sure why a family of 7 didn't get all their memberships at the same time)

Bonus points for the use of "bupkis". Very underused word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back