Preview 2023 Mid Season Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The hidden one.
J_ _ R _ _ _
HGT: 194cm
DOB: 10/06/03
Strong intercept player both aerially and ground level.
Dual sidedness with good efficiency on both sides of his body.
Defensive/Forward
versatility.
We have committed to picking him up from very early in the season.

JMO.
I am hoping this is true, was impressive in 1st game and then completely vanished. If we hid him, then that would be unique for the club but how did we assess his suitability? Must have a dossier on him for long from trusted scouts

I do like Hunter and even Buller to trial them for 6 months. Hansen Jr and Clay Tucker have nominated 18 month, hope one of them slides to us. Hansen likely has word from Freo.

Write up in WA paper

348381146_2423100267864185_8354208599634885889_n-jpg.1701113

Highlights of our likely 1st pick

Last edited:
Excited by Brandon Ryan. Late developer, sweet skills, good contested mark and super mobile for his size at 200cm+. The only downside is his age (25) but if we see ourselves competing in 2-3 years that's perfectly acceptable.

Stanley is basically guaranteed at either Pick 3 or 13. I don't mind him, he's reasonably zippy and lowers his eyes.
I dont mind him either. Looks like he hasnt really filled out but if you watch his highlights he doesnt get moved off the ball.

The draft order tonight is
Fxauh3ZagAAV9ig

Do we need another small forward?

Are we going to pass on Watson in main draft due to this... Idea is as a cover for Brocky leaving or we not getting Watson. If he is real quality, not a bad idea if our other targets are not available.

I am sure one of our pick is a ruck, not sure if it is 1st or 2nd.

Fxauh3ZagAAV9ig

Are we going to pass on Watson in main draft due to this... Idea is as a cover for Brocky leaving or we not getting Watson. If he is real quality, not a bad idea if our other targets are not available.

Watson is much much much more than a small forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fxauh3ZagAAV9ig

If we passed on Watson because of an MSD pick up I’d post my melted membership to MM with a picture of of 10 hostage kittens and a list of demands.

Did anyone post this?

Luke teal and Caleb poulter would round out the wing options. Anyone know why teal didn’t get picked up?

Let me set the scene.

Port Adelaide call out their pick and conclude the first round of MSD.

A silence fills the halls, now ripe with nervous anticipation.

Pick 12 awaits. The Hawthorn recruiting team sits poised and ready, confidently posturing towards the stage.

Without uttering a word, Mark McKenzie, stands up, gestures towards stage left. With a casual bow, he grazes his lips upon the microphone and with the lightest whisper, utters nothing more than “Jed Rule”.

Enter Jed stage left to a raucous round of applause and magnanimous celebration. He has arrived:

Wwe Raw GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2023 Mid Season Draft Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back