2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Difficult to gauge May as such a small sample size (only 3 VFL games) after a late start to the season following wrist fracture and surgery in one of the pre-season games. Also has not been in the system, having rowed past two years. He looks to be a later developer and this is his first pre-season of football.
He looked very impressive in the first young guns game and the stand-out key forward ahead of Maric.
Sounds like will Elliott is ahead of him if you believe the experts , I just hope we grab a tall forward

Meet with him today, the full recruiting team.
Yes that's the issue if he gets through, will he get through to you.
Not surprising as the club is in need of a KPF desperately and I would not be surprised to see him play pretty much straight away considering the club is going to go with a pretty heavily development philosophy going forward.

I’m still hearing Teal is very much in contention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll go best available as we always do but we have Bauer, Ryan, Bradtke and Gibcus as KPF options. We have a bigger gap of emerging small forwards - MRJ and Mansell.
Out of that list
Bauer - Being played defence so looking like a failed foward
Ryan - 100% is Ruck and part time foward
Gibcus - Defender mainly that we may swing foward at times

Bradtke - Extremely raw and 2 years away if he continues to develop but still a long way off

Out of that list

Bradtke - Extremely raw and 2 years away if he continues to develop but still a long way off
1. Bit early to call him a failed forward. He's learning defensive craft and work rate in defense. Was going nicely as a forward.
2. The club sees him the other way around, especially while Nank is around.
3. Club said he can play back or forward when drafted. With the emergence of Young and with Jack retiring I won't be surprised if he spends day 1 of pre season in the forward line.

Out of that list

I think that we are rounding Bauer development getting him more involved , has certainly had much more of the ball than when in f50 , don’t give up on him , In any case he’s a 3rd tall . I too am seeing samo skill set being much more of a ruck forward than other way around . Anyways we re in good hands , am sure we ll pic best available

For people who watch the VFL more than me, would Biggie work as a potential key fwd? Listed as 197cm on the club website, and by all reports, impressing as a ruck so far this season.

From the limited time I've watched him, he looks athletic and a decent mark. Could he be another key fwd we try and develop?

For people who watch the VFL more than me, would Biggie work as a potential key fwd? Listed as 197cm on the club website, and by all reports, impressing as a ruck so far this season.

From the limited time I've watched him, he looks athletic and a decent mark. Could he be another key fwd we try and develop?
He has been a pretty effective ruck/forward the last couple of weeks, not sure about him as a bring it to ground put it in his head number 1 target. He is good at our dueling a smaller defender or his speed to get away from a big defender

Out of that list

Bradtke may surprise mate and rise within 10_15 months. He’s just lacking games at the moment.

Last edited:

He showed glimpses there last year when tried. If Jack retires I think with our inexperience and with only Lynch the seasoned player they’re trying to develop him into one. It’s a big opportunity for him , but atm he’s still inconsistent as he looks like Tarzan one day and then Cheetah the next. I think he’s got one last crack at it next year to make it.

Last edited:

not AFL level

Bradtke may surprise mate and rise within 10_15 months. He’s just lacking games at the moment.
How’d he go last week TI had like, 13p kicked 1g3 , sounds like he may have had a day out if kicked straight . For mine he needs to get afl fit and learn how the games played at this level , seems to have made the jump from country to VFL which is encouraging

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back