2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Will Elliott 203cm ruck/forward ,,,,,get this kid to TIGERLAND,,,,,,now

Will said he modelled his game on Richmond’s star spearhead Tom Lynch.

Will Elliott poses for a photo during the 2022 AFL State Draft Combine last month.

As a forward, Tom Lynch ... the way he attacks the ball in the air is pretty special,” Will said.

“(I like to think I have) similar strengths to him in that aspect.”

We really dont want to win again Port on the Weekend.
Potentially pick 5 to pick 7 for next weeks mid season draft.

We need another young key forward, guessing Hawks pick Ryan Maric, Will Elliot in our sights

Knowing us though we pick up Ryan Penny a HB flanker with skill and pace LOL
Will Elliott played in young guns game didn’t he , think he kicked a few ,,,reckon he will be early pic

Will Elliott played in young guns game didn’t he , think he kicked a few ,,,reckon he will be early pic
Actually thinking about it, which teams have a spot available? We might actually have top 3 pick

Only 8 teams (Im guessing West Coast would join the list considering their injuries)

Hawthorn
GWS
Richmond
Fremantle
Essendon
Geelong
Bulldogs
Port Adelaide

so we could in fact beat Port and still have 3rd pick

Last edited:
4 players mentioned that are expected to be taken in the mid season draft on footy classified whilst they were talking about the Eagles rebuild going hard starting this mid season draft.

James Trezise 188cm Mid/Fwd - Richmond VFL
Ethan Stanley 188cm Utility from Box Hill Hawks
Ryan Maric 192cm Foward from Gippsland
Brandon Ryan 200cm Key Foward from the Bullants

4 players mentioned that are expected to be taken in the mid season draft on footy classified whilst they were talking about the Eagles rebuild going hard starting this mid season draft.

James Trezise 188cm Mid/Fwd - Richmond VFL
Ethan Stanley 188cm Utility from Box Hill Hawks
Ryan Maric 192cm Foward from Gippsland
Brandon Ryan 200cm Key Foward from the Bullants
Could be the first 4 names called
WCE Maric
Norf Ryan
Haw Stanley
GWS Trezise

Hopefully one of them slides.

Could be the first 4 names called
WCE Maric
Norf Ryan
Haw Stanley
GWS Trezise

Hopefully one of them slides.
Reckon the ruck from eastern rangers tucker goes early , don’t reckon tresize is a fit for gws heck they’ve got top 20 draft mids that don’t get a reg game , ruck tall forward for them I’d say

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is definitely a player I have my eye on for us. Seems a really good runner with excellent overhead marking up his sleeve. Not clueless in the ruck if he needed to give us a chop out there. Could see him slotting onto a wing for us and giving us something a bit different.

This is definitely a player I have my eye on for us. Seems a really good runner with excellent overhead marking up his sleeve. Not clueless in the ruck if he needed to give us a chop out there. Could see him slotting onto a wing for us and giving us something a bit different.
He is very light for his age and would get moved out of position pretty easily by big bodied backs or wingman even. Imagine MacIntosh playing on him.
I was pretty impressed early in the year but not so much now. He certainly has an interesting skill set, athletic, huge leap and very good hands.

He’s ok but at 25yo I’m less enthused he has the upside to get to afl level , has done very well to trans from suburban to vfl

He is very light for his age and would get moved out of position pretty easily by big bodied backs or wingman even. Imagine MacIntosh playing on him.
I was pretty impressed early in the year but not so much now. He certainly has an interesting skill set, athletic, huge leap and very good hands.
Yep if < 21 reckon he’d be a certain pick up

Yeah whether he shone in the dryer conditions on the hard fast decks or whether we have "tranquilised" him, I have also noticed he hasn't been quite as effective over recent weeks. There is just something about him, he reads the ball well in the air but also seems to have good reactions with his hands around contests. These mature guys and over-agers from outside the system are clearly of interest to the club. I guess if someone like Brindley can do well on a wing within 12 months you get a nice little salary cap discount for a few years down from McIntosh at $350k to the suburban player at $200-250k. It all adds up. Insert Young for Grimes or Broad, you just get those nice little savings for a couple of years, until you have to boost the new guy if he is doing well.

I havent seen much of May but what i saw was he has strong hands, good peg but seemed pretty slow - similar type I would compare him to is Weideman - would that be a fair/accurate description? If yes, do we want him?

I might be wrong but my feeling is the club won't be looking to the MSD to stockpile 19yo key forwards on the off chance they come good at some point down the track.

May does look to have some talent but looks a fair way off AFL footy at this stage.

Pass on Brindley, too old to have proper impact.

He is 24yo. Same age as Young when we drafted him. Put him in the system for a year with a few games in 2024 and if he cuts it at AFL level you might get 5-6 decent seasons out of him at least. Cheap seasons. I am not sure he would be in our VFL system if the club wasn't open to recruiting 24yo's, but Young proves they are anyway.

Yeah whether he shone in the dryer conditions on the hard fast decks or whether we have "tranquilised" him, I have also noticed he hasn't been quite as effective over recent weeks. There is just something about him, he reads the ball well in the air but also seems to have good reactions with his hands around contests. These mature guys and over-agers from outside the system are clearly of interest to the club. I guess if someone like Brindley can do well on a wing within 12 months you get a nice little salary cap discount for a few years down from McIntosh at $350k to the suburban player at $200-250k. It all adds up. Insert Young for Grimes or Broad, you just get those nice little savings for a couple of years, until you have to boost the new guy if he is doing well.
He's a slim chance because of his light build, but if he is going to be anything it might be half back or half forward purely for his marking ability and decent speed. Early on I thought he was really interesting playing CHB mainly. The club would know a lot more than me so if they reckon he is worth a shot good luck to him. From our VFL, Tresize just keeps getting better and better, so if Tarrant goes, Brindley may get a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back