2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

which player you want richmond to select in the mid season draft

• Luke Teal - 19 year old 190cm 85kgs smart HBF Tigga replacement

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Mutaz El Nour - 22 year old 192cm 85gks 3rd tall defender Nathan Broad replacement

Votes: 12 9.9%
  • Tyreece Leiu - 20 year old 195cm 93kgs KP Defender Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Ethan Phillips - 24 year old KP Defender Another Tarrant Replacement

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Archie May - 21 year old KPF /Ruck 198cm 94kgs Never can have enough Rucks that can play foward

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Archie Lovelock - 18 year old Mid /Small Foward 179cm 75kgs missed out last year playing glenelg

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Liam McBean - 28 year old 202cm 100kgs Small Foward shows enormous potential as a castagna replace

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other - Name in a post

Votes: 18 14.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing Tresize won’t make our pick. West Coast and Norf heavily doing work on him. Talk is this kid now in an a elite environment is one that slipped through the cracks and has talent to be a top round pick. Size, athletic ability and skill. Bloody shattered if we miss out on him. West Coast could go Maric still but haven’t heard much else out of North.

We’ve talked to both Buller and Hunter. Not sure which way we go. I hope it’s Hunter. Think we go one of them first and see what’s left at our next pick.

I am also WFH today and ringing around to find as much info as possible.

Unlike others I think there is some long term talent here in this draft. This is two players who could be long term players for us. It’s a good chance to build some more talent on the list.
Would pmsl laughing if we plucked a couple of guns out of this caper. With the media slaying us over trading away picks.

"If Tucker makes it past Hawthorn, he is set to be a Tiger or Giant. Richmond, who will pick before Greater Western Sydney, are also considering Trezise and 196-centimetre Perth forward Jaiden Hunter. The Tigers could make a second selection, too."

farrken how good was 2019

druggies didnt pick pickett cos he broke his finger the week before

we pick him, jack graham does a shoulder in the prelim and then arrogant dimma debuts pickett in the granny that we win by 92 points

still erect

"If Tucker makes it past Hawthorn, he is set to be a Tiger or Giant. Richmond, who will pick before Greater Western Sydney, are also considering Trezise and 196-centimetre Perth forward Jaiden Hunter. The Tigers could make a second selection, too."

Do we really need another ruck? fmd. We've gone from putting no real importance on ruckwork to drafting a ruckmen at every opportunity. It's getting to HBF level obsession.

Personally, I'd like if we picked up a small forward. After having a million we now only have one or two on the list.
Teams still transition out of our F50 far too easily.

Personally, I'd like if we picked up a small forward. After having a million we now only have one or two on the list.
As long as we get a KPF as well. Having more targets to hit up instead of bombing long directly to an opponent will contribute to less rebounding too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

When we don't take a KPF tonight this thread is going to be glorious

Agree but with second pick. We need KPF’s and there actually looks like a good one will be at our pick. Finally getting kissed

Jack Buller has 3 seasons of senior football with 46 senior games and 64 goals to his name for Claremont. With averages of 16.2 disposals, 7.4 marks and 1.6 goals per game, and at 22 years of age he could walk into an AFL forward line and make a contribution as the second tall straight away and returns of 1.4 and 4.1 the first two rounds of the WAFL season it looked like he would would be joining Oscar Allen in the Eagles forward line after the mid-season draft.

Here is his full game in Round 1 this year, watching it I feel like he is a poor man's Harry McKay but that may just be the 1.4 he kicks lol

After three years of injury free football he came down with a calf injury in round 3 against Subiaco, reported as a cork, and has only kicked four goals over his last four including going goalless on the weekend when he went off injured with the same corked calve complaint this week in the game against East Fremantle. Basically his performances from his return in Round 6 until last round have been sub par and it is likely he has hurried back to make the State team with this MSD in frame.

Jack Buller is definitely a good footballer who has been perfecting his forward craft for over 3 years now and without the calf injury his goal kicking numbers could be very big this season with the missed games against the bottom teams, and it is likely he was also hampered for his State game appearance against SA (8 disposals (6 kicks, 2 handballs), 2 marks, 2 tackles, 11 hitouts, 1 goal)

That he missed the game against West Coast WAFL in Round 4 which currently have no tall defenders on their list and all opposition key forwards have been feasting with Perth Demons Jaidin Hunter kickinf 4.2 in his season debut and West Perth forward Tyler Keitel becoming the first player in more than a decade to bag a double-figure goal haul, booting 10 goals in a 169-point win in round two.

All this leads to suggesting that he can be every bit as good as his round 2 highlights at the AFL level in coming years?

He is a mobile key position footballer though he does not have elite athletic traits. He has endurance but it is not elite, he is agile but not elite, he is good mark overhead but he is not going to be sitting on shoulders, he is a good lead but does not have elite pace and doesn't he tackle naturally and ferociously. In working out whether Jack will succeed at the next level it is the classic footballer vs athlete argument because he is a very natural and skilled footballer which can be seen from this performance in the wet last year.

WAFL Showreel, R14: Jack Buller highlights

So if he was the only KPF available you would take him in a heartbeat, and if he didn't have a nagging calf you could take him and give him a dozen AFL games to see how he finds his feet because he is going to have to succeed at AFL level with his forward craft and by out working his opponent.

But West Coast have moved their focus away for good reason:
he might not be able to play much and at his highest level this year (calf injuries can stick around - just ask Hopper)
and Maric does have elite athletic traits that he lacks

So despite Buller being the best forward right and a great down the line mark, and with about 40 more games of senior football under his belt than Jaidin Hunter, I take Hunter with pick 4 for his elite traits - speed and leap - and his current clean bill of health which can have him on the park playing now

Hopefully for us Buller's poor form over the last month and his injury cloud and lack of elite traits combined with not being taken in the first four picks scares everyone off and we can take him with our pick 13 and add both Hunter and Buller to the list because replacing our tall backs and forwards over the next two years is a priority and we are already having a challenge finding space in the 22 for Sonsie, Banks, Brown, Clarke, MRJ and will father son Charlie Naish at the end of the year.

It would also create some competition between our other speculative picks and give Reiwoldt and Lynch something to focus on for the remainder of the season - teaching forward craft to the B-team of Bradtke, Buller, Biggy, Bauer and Bunter lol

Don’t think I’d take such a short term view in terms of availability ruling the decision, my only beef with Hunter is he looks mighty similar to Bauer his highlights were exactly the same and we haven’t played him

Ahhhh, how I've missed this kind of anticipation.
Draft, trade and delistings used to be the highlight of our season.
Then bloody 2017, 19, 20 came along and all of a sudden none of us gave a **** about the list changes anymore. We just strutted around the whole off-season swinging our dicks around and piffing empty premiership cans at our dickhead non-Tiger-supporting mates.

It's good to be back.

Corey Ellis clone please

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 mid season draft - Name your player you want

Back