Opinion 2023 Pass mark (Nicks keeps job)

Minimum number of wins for a pass for AFC in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, if we did score only 1 extra goal/game and everything else stayed exactly the same as last year, our record would have ended up 10-12 with a 93+ percentage (jumping 6%).

Leapfrogging Hawthorn and having the same record as Port and the Suns minus %.

Just goes to show, scoreboard pressure matters! And now our front 6 is comprised of our Goal record holder, a pick 2, pick 3, pick 6 and pick 12. And maybe a pick 9 if Pedlar earns the 6th spot.

There's really no excuses not to score and score heavily in 2023
you would love to be a coach with such a damaging forward line like we have, let them run rampant with little restrictions

You do realise that it doesn't matter who starts in the centre square, they are by definition an inside midfielder (excluding the ruckman)...
To be fair to Brett on this one I think he was simply suggesting not having Laird, Berry and Keays attend the same centre bounce ever.. mostly because the three of them plus Sloane and crouch are all far too similar as inside mids.

I do see Berry as the stand out out of laird, berry, Sloane, crouch and keays.. as in he has a point of difference in that he has slightly cleaner skills and decision making than the others..

if we ever see laird, Keays and Sloane or, god forbid, laird, keays and crouch attend another centre bounce together then IMO Nicksy should immediately be made to clean out his office and fxxk off…

but I’m hoping crouch doesn’t wear anything other than the SANFL jumper all year.. and hold out hope than Sloane and Keays don’t get any CB attendances thrown their way at all this year.

the only problem being that that also means they need to find other positions for Keays and Sloane.. the only really viable one being half forward and, with Pedlar, rash, Rankine and a few other far more talented youngsters already having that HF role sewed up or in their sights, I don’t want keays or Sloane taking a HF spot either..

When Johncock put us up with 5 mins to go. Top 5 crows goals of all time.
That one and Jason Torney's goal late in the 2007 elimination final - two clutch gems forgotten due to what immediately followed

I can understand not liking the guy but if he turned our club around, I doubt I'd be able to maintain a grudge.

Fk Choco. Told some blatant lies regarding the camp on radio to stir up more rubbish during that phase. We should have sued him and ended him in the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be fair to Brett on this one I think he was simply suggesting not having Laird, Berry and Keays attend the same centre bounce ever.. mostly because the three of them plus Sloane and crouch are all far too similar as inside mids.

I do see Berry as the stand out out of laird, berry, Sloane, crouch and keays.. as in he has a point of difference in that he has slightly cleaner skills and decision making than the others..

if we ever see laird, Keays and Sloane or, god forbid, laird, keays and crouch attend another centre bounce together then IMO Nicksy should immediately be made to clean out his office and fxxk off…

but I’m hoping crouch doesn’t wear anything other than the SANFL jumper all year.. and hold out hope than Sloane and Keays don’t get any CB attendances thrown their way at all this year.

the only problem being that that also means they need to find other positions for Keays and Sloane.. the only really viable one being half forward and, with Pedlar, rash, Rankine and a few other far more talented youngsters already having that HF role sewed up or in their sights, I don’t want keays or Sloane taking a HF spot either..
I’d strongly doubt sloane would get many centre bounces at all this season given he was being pushed out last year then did his knee

Keays will be getting plenty and can also rest half forward when we get Soligo and Rachele ( Rankine ) in there which we know he can do as proven when he annihilated Saad

As long as sloane doesn’t get centre bounces , Crouch plays sanfl and Schoenberg , Soligo , Rachele and even Rankine get a share ( I’d also include Dawson but doubt it happens )

I’ll be reasonably happy

I’d strongly doubt sloane would get many centre bounces at all this season given he was being pushed out last year then did his knee

Keays will be getting plenty and can also rest half forward when we get Soligo and Rachele ( Rankine ) in there which we know he can do as proven when he annihilated Saad

As long as sloane doesn’t get centre bounces , Crouch plays sanfl and Schoenberg , Soligo , Rachele and even Rankine get a share ( I’d also include Dawson but doubt it happens )

I’ll be reasonably happy
Where do you think they will be playing Sloane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that was a rort. I don't usually blame umpires for losses but there were some really dodgy calls in that game.

the throw near the boundary line in the first or second quarter. Ump didn't call it until the crowd went up and it wasn't even a throw and he was miles away, so couldn't have seen it if it was. That is the onky day I've ever cared that we were burnt by umpiring decisions.

I’ll be reasonably happy

One swallow does not a summer make. I remember posters fawning over Dmac's 3 goals against Hawks, saying that if he can keep that up..... Remember Milera's burst of 3 goals at half forward? Yes, it was a great game, but it's presently an outlier, don't assume it's the norm. And Saad had 26 touches that day, his 3rd highest tally of the year. "Annihalated" is a touch strong, don't you think?

Depends who's available coaching wise as to whether Nick's keeps his job. If we could get Goodwin, Buckley, Simpson Nick's may be out. Nick's will probably need to finish 9-11th on the ladder to keep his job imo.

One swallow does not a summer make. I remember posters fawning over Dmac's 3 goals against Hawks, saying that if he can keep that up..... Remember Milera's burst of 3 goals at half forward? Yes, it was a great game, but it's presently an outlier, don't assume it's the norm. And Saad had 26 touches that day, his 3rd highest tally of the year. "Annihalated" is a touch strong, don't you think?
Nah he embarrassed him and was in top 2 on ground that day , Saad’s possessions didn’t impact

Was just an interesting snapshot of what he can do as a high work rate defensively minded forward so adds a string to his bow compared to a Matt crouch

It's not hard to imagine if we go on a bad enough losing streak. They're already planting the seeds. Bickley just recently went on radio on SEN and the message was basically that Nicks needs to s**t or get off the pot.

Following the sen mantra of hatred for the crows i see

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was smashed that day and made to look second rate keays destroyed him , possesion mean **** all if your opponent is running away from you and scoring goals when your primary job is to defend

the throw near the boundary line in the first or second quarter. Ump didn't call it until the crowd went up and it wasn't even a throw and he was miles away, so couldn't have seen it if it was. That is the onky day I've ever cared that we were burnt by umpiring decisions.
Brodie smith … it was a tap for sure

And when buddy whacked Rutten then he retaliated and kept it quite benign but buddy still got the free

Was a total sham , port copped similar against them in prelim 2 yrs later

Nah he embarrassed him and was in top 2 on ground that day , Saad’s possessions didn’t impact

Was just an interesting snapshot of what he can do as a high work rate defensively minded forward so adds a string to his bow compared to a Matt crouch

yep, kept him to just his 3rd highest disposal tally such was the defensive job he did on him. Keays had a great game, but he didn't do anything to stop Saad. Saad had a very typical game, he's not there to defend.

He was smashed that day and made to look second rate keays destroyed him , possesion mean * all if your opponent is running away from you and scoring goals when your primary job is to defend

Since when has Saad's primary job been to defend? You obviously don't watch much of Carlton.

yep, kept him to just his 3rd highest disposal tally such was the defensive job he did on him. Keays had a great game, but he didn't do anything to stop Saad. Saad had a very typical game, he's not there to defend.
In terms of impact Keays smashed him , maybe some of that was to do with what others did for us but it was nice to see one of our mids capable of another role

That’s exactly what we need to have a deeper midfield , guys that can rotate into other positions

The game the year before at marvel Saad and Jones ( on Thilthorpe ) had absolutely dominated us and we had no answers , this was a nice change up

I’d love to see keays as a 50-50 mid forward as it would help for improving our midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2023 Pass mark (Nicks keeps job)

Back