Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

We can be pretty quick to write blokes off, myself included. Look at Mason Wood.

Let's give him some time, he has only played two practice matches and already showed signs of improvement.
Where did I write him off, just posted what I saw and my impressions of him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Where did I write him off, just posted what I saw and my impressions of him.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
In that Dons game he got 19 possessions and 76 supercoach points. If he did that every week we'd be happy wouldn't we?

Apologies I didn't mean to say you're writing him off, what I mean is we sometimes draw conclusions on players without looking at their potential to improve or what value they bring to the team. I think Bytel might be another example, we tend to always focus on his flaws but what can he bring to the team? Byrnes another. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can extract from some of these types this year.

In that Dons game he got 19 possessions and 76 supercoach points. If he did that every week we'd be happy wouldn't we?

Apologies I didn't mean to say you're writing him off, what I mean is we sometimes draw conclusions on players without looking at their potential to improve or what value they bring to the team. I think Bytel might be another example, we tend to always focus on his flaws but what can he bring to the team? Byrnes another. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can extract from some of these types this year.
It’s a critical year for Byrnes, Bytel and Connelly..they’ve been in the system long enough now so it’s make or break!

It’s a critical year for Byrnes, Bytel and Connelly..they’ve been in the system long enough now so it’s make or break!
I’ve liked Connelly - or the idea of what he could be at least - but I think the clock will run out on him at St Kilda. I hope he’s exploring any other possible opportunities at the elite level during the year.

That said, watch him and Wangmil turn into our half-back surgical kicking squad by round 9 the way my calls often go lol

He does show a bit young Oscar, would be great if he, Van Es and Keeler make it!
FB: Van Es (18)
CHB: Adams (19)
CHF: Caminiti (19)
FF: King (22)
Ruck/Fwd: Keeler (18)

.. looks like fun…

Then add in at least:

Heath (20)
Wanganeen-Milera (20)*
Windhager (19)
Owens (19)
Phillipou (18)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does show a bit young Oscar, would be great if he, Van Es and Keeler make it!
I was very impressed with Van Ess as a 1st year player. Looked very good, quick for his size and his kicking looked good. He is already a massive unit so may debut earlier than expected. Be awesome if he can become our big stopper

1 thing that seems noticeable is our structures with ball transition are already looking better in both the practice games there has been occasions where we have changed the angles up coming thru half back and generated overlap run that looked really good

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Pre Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back