Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd really want to sleep through a season like that?

I meant I'd be partying so vigorously through October that I'll need to sleep until the next season.

Do you remember a little sketch where Ben Cousins was celebrating the premiership win and you hear his girlfriend saying "Ben, it's Fn November!"?

Why does playing full back matter?

Sicily (will be captain)
Jonas
Moore
Rampe

All key defenders and all captains

It's not uncommon.
Full back vs centre half back.

Full back is further out of the play concentrating on his man. CHB organises the defence.

Who is our defensive general?
If is is AP already I will reconsider my opinion.

Personally I think joint captains are a good idea for 2 or 3 years.

We have a very good defence, we have a very talented midfield. Structure/positioning makes for a good defence, you'll notice Pearce directing positioning in the defensive fifty. Our defence performs well, this is not a coincidence.

Mundy was doing the same in the middle.

Who does it in the forward line? It's Michael Walters. It will be Nathan Fyfe.

Expect improvement forward purely for that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full back vs centre half back.

Full back is further out of the play concentrating on his man. CHB organises the defence.

Who is our defensive general?
If is is AP already I will reconsider my opinion.

Personally I think joint captains are a good idea for 2 or 3 years.
Yes, the defensive general is Pearce.

He was also acting captain all of last season.

Once they are out on the ground, I don't really think it matters who is captain ... or more to the point, what position they play. Pearce leads the backs, Brayshaw/Serong leads the mids, Fyfe leads the forwards. They are all basically captain material and their label as C, VC or nothing is not going to change how they play/act.

Might sound a bit strange, but you could argue the captain should be chosen based on whoever is the best choice for when we are not actually playing.

Is training on today at Cockburn? Anyone know what time?
If it's on, they generally get out there about 9:15.

They could also be at Freo since I think all Wednesday sessions have all been at Freo BUT they also had a big session yesterday which they dont normally do. So basically, I have no idea where or even if training is on, soz =)

I called the club and they said it’s on at South Fremantle oval but is a closed session. I vaguely remember those closed sessions being open to the public as SFO is a public car park.

Anyhow I have the day off so am going to check it out.
Remember, when he knocks on your window to just say good evening officer and only give information asked for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back