Teams 2023 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that strat last year. for the first six weeks of the season, two of my ultra premos got putrid scores and because I was so reliant on them to score well given there were more rookies on my field than others, ended up down the pack and behind the eight ball.
I did the same last year 2. Other than picking Steele over Touk, it was a success. This year is heaps different to last, seems to be alot more rookie priced available.

I‘ve got the same structure ATM

Tnoughts on this line up team?

View attachment 1615597
Props to you for having the balls to pick Himmelberg. I'm afraid that he might get used as a swing man this year which would impact scoring.
If he is nailed on in defence, I would shift from Cumming to HH for my team.
Is the Pickett pick based on his pre-season midfield minutes? As a Demons fan you'd know better than myself, but I assume that won't translate to regular season?
Also, liking the Hickey pick. It's nice to see a team every now and then that goes against the grain a bit.

I thought he was too, and then Zurhaar took half the CBAs for the last two match sims. :grimacing:

Is Cunners still a lock if he’s only playing midfield 50% of the time? Not sure he is.
I imagine we will play Cunners forward more in the praccy games than in the real stuff, and the same in respect to Zurhaar in the midfield, just to give both more exposure to newish positions when it doesn’t matter.

Props to you for having the balls to pick Himmelberg. I'm afraid that he might get used as a swing man this year which would impact scoring.
If he is nailed on in defence, I would shift from Cumming to HH for my team.
Is the Pickett pick based on his pre-season midfield minutes? As a Demons fan you'd know better than myself, but I assume that won't translate to regular season?
Also, liking the Hickey pick. It's nice to see a team every now and then that goes against the grain a bit.
Nah Cumming better than HH down back IMO. Will wait and see on him.

Pickett playing up the ground this year. I rate him due to pace and has bulked up a bit. Can see a world where it’s Clarry, Track, Viney at bounce then Viney goes for the tag and Pickett runs free through the middle. Trained with MIDs all preseason and looked good in match sim. For price, reckon he‘ll average 80 and that’s enough. Worst case he won’t lose too much case so easy cull to a bubble boy.

Do I need another 600k+ mid? If so who gets cut to make way? Can downgrade in the backline to facilitate
View attachment 1615757
That’s fine..although not enough Bont for me! In for a big one.

Love the Anderson pick. SC scoring trajectory trending beautifully.

You may need to replace Callaghan, think he pulled up sore during the week.

Nah Cumming better than HH down back IMO. Will wait and see on him.

Pickett playing up the ground this year. I rate him due to pace and has bulked up a bit. Can see a world where it’s Clarry, Track, Viney at bounce then Viney goes for the tag and Pickett runs free through the middle. Trained with MIDs all preseason and looked good in match sim. For price, reckon he‘ll average 80 and that’s enough. Worst case he won’t lose too much case so easy cull to a bubble boy.
Kossie Pickett’s a small forward. He might roll through the midfield but he ain’t stealing points off Piggy, Tracca, Viney and others consistently enough to be a genuine option at that price… he might even do a Jackson and start mailing it in mid year if he knows he’s going back to Adelaide at the end of the season… ditch the Melbourne nuffie glasses I reckon…

Last edited:
Currently running with this. Would love to get 1 more of Warner/LDU/Anderson into the mids but struggling to make it work structure wise.
AF856A89-7501-4EA1-B724-96A5F17731A9.png 0303D646-8A07-44F3-9ADF-992087D546D6.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where I have landed and I a feeling pretty good about it...

View attachment 1615916

Love this team. You've basically cut all of the expensive rookies except for Menzie, Phillips and Ashcroft and it has allowed you to potentially get 13 starting premos + Yeo and Hopper.

Also love the POD pick in Cripps (looked amazing against Collingwood) and Steele/Darcy could be amazing picks.

Do I need another 600k+ mid? If so who gets cut to make way? Can downgrade in the backline to facilitate
View attachment 1615757
Interesting call on Anderson. If you can upgrade him, then I would as you need tried and tested scorers at the higher end.

He averaged 87 last year and missed the first 5 games of the season he can easily average 10 points more a game and be top 8 especially with kick in duties this season
I actually had Coleman in my first team, if he wasn't priced so awkwardly he would still be in it. I'm with ya on this one, could have a big year and surprise a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back