Preview 2023 Rd 11 Carlton vs Sydney Friday May 26 7:50PM @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in:-

IN:
Tom De Koning, Brodie Kemp
OUT: Ed Curnow, Jack Silvagni, Lewis Young

After starting last weekend as sub, George Hewett has been elevated to the starting 22.

Backs:Sam DochertyJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Matthew KennedyHarry McKayTom De Koning
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettSam Walsh
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraMatthew Cottrell
Matthew Owies
Emergencies:Ed CurnowLachie FogartyJack Silvagni
Lewis Young

Last edited:

"Rare to non-existent. His kicking is generally poor, rarely in chains, hardly works back defensively"

That is literally a word for word perfect description of practically every one of our mids this year.
Funny that the highlights show him kicking better than pretty much everyone else on the ground, him starting chains & laying quality tackles.

"Rare to non-existent. His kicking is generally poor, rarely in chains, hardly works back defensively"

That is literally a word for word perfect description of practically every one of our mids this year.
"At different levels, one with lesser players and lesser intensity"

Like Vossy you are thinking of 2022 form not the current year which aside from Cerra all are not remotely close to their output from the prior year.

See above

Funny that the highlights show him kicking better than pretty much everyone else on the ground, him starting chains & laying quality tackles.

Do you have a package of all the kicks he burnt, as in the majority

If we are going to make each preview thread about Dow, let's do it constantly then, with opinion from both sides of the ledger

I agree - I've made the point a few times. The bigger problem with the non-selection of Dow is what it says to the rest of the list. He's mates with all the guys on that list (Walsh in particular) and they'd all be sitting there looking at the situation and feeling a sense of injustice for their mate who can kill it in the seconds as much as he likes but simply will not get picked. If the match committee can do that to Paddy maybe one day they'll do that to me.

It is such a poor message to send to the whole group - pretty shameful really.
Dow is the symptom not the illness.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arr0w

HarryFlashman

Enough thread derailing with pettiness. It's repetitive & very tiresome.

There is an ignore feature.

Use it!

Yes we are aware. It's been mentioned several times in this thread.

jpfalvo posted that he heard Fisher would be an in.

I responded to the post & posted a screenshot from Charlie's Insta (Fish & Charlie at the Airport yesterday afternoon)

Nowhere did I say Fish was in!

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

For those highlighting that Fisher was spotted at the airport.. our VFL side are also playing in Sydney as the curtain raiser.

I'll hold off on a huge rant about selection integrity until Thursday evening.
Source was an ITK outside of this forum.
Same source as 4yrs for Pittonet, I posted in another thread well before official announcement

Was told fisher in, jsos out.

Lets see if they are right...just sharing the word...

Fisher hasn't earned his spot back, in my opinion, but we will see

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can't believe we are still on Dow

Every coach and player at the club would know Dow's limitations, his deficiencies.

No one would be surprised he is not being selected
You should know this isn't true.

Still mates with a guy who was stuck in2nd grade at a club telling him all he wasn't good enough at - exactly the attitude you have.

He moved club and spent 10 years playing first grade and demolished the old club every season. Over analysis and over negativity about players gets into selector groups. NSW cricket is showing it everyseason with the amount of players they lose every year to other states all because they're 'not good enough and every one knows what they need to work on'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back