Preview 2023 Rd 22 Carlton vs Melbourne Saturday August 12 7:30M @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

NO. CHANGES.

Sam Docherty will play his 150th game in the Navy Blue guernsey - the jumper he grew up wearing as a supporter - as Carlton looks to continue its strong run of form from recent months.

Last weekend’s sub, Ed Curnow is the sole omission from the Round 22 team: he has been named as one of four emergencies alongside Jordan Boyd (now available after suspension), Sam Durdin and Josh Honey. One of those four will be named as sub an hour before the bounce.

Backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringAdam Saad
Half-backs:Nic NewmanCaleb MarchbankBrodie Kemp
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsOliver Hollands
Half-forwards:Jack MartinTom De KoningDavid Cuningham
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam DochertyGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Matthew CottrellPaddy DowZac Fisher
Jesse Motlop
Emergencies:Jordan BoydEd CurnowSam Durdin
Josh Honey

Would you rather Boyd or Fisher on Pickett?
It’s true Fisher would provide greater offence … defensively Boyd is much better.
Newman gets Melksham and Saad takes Neal-Bullen/Chandler?
Will be interesting to see selection if Kemp gets up.
Saad will go with picket he's the one with the pace to. Cinc is there too

The combo of Fog, Cuners and Martin, since GC game, has us 7-0. The fwd line was a dysfunctional mess before these guys were added.

Let’s not fix what’s not broken.

Durds I rate long term but his 2’s form pretty vanilla before his latest injury set back, would want to do a lot more to earn his spot for now
They are doing really well. The big change however is our ball movement. Those forwards are pretty much playing in a different team. Getting fed properly for once.

Durdin will be best 22, he's an upgrade on Fogarty and will thrive in our new system. But lacking match fitness and carrying a shoulder injury, it's probably not going to happen. Think Durdin needs to get fit, get over that and be prepared to play a bit on the ball when he comes back as well.

Cuningham and Martin can genuinely play half forward flank which makes a big difference.

Unless Young can learn to play forward...other thing with Young is he's not a fluent kick so he doesn't keep the flow of our attack moving

Unfortunately for Young he isn't in our best 28 anymore. Backline exponentially better with him out.

While he is okay as a backup ruckman he doesn't play his primary position well so he's unlikely to get a look anytime soon.

Caleb Marchbank is an outstanding footballer, just ask his team mates how they rate him.

Lacks continuity and match practice, just like a chap called Charlie Curnow did when he was pretty vanilla in late 2021.

He’ll come good, lock it in.

Calling him “VFL standard” is beyond comical .
He could possibly be.
His best attribute is being able to intercept, unfortunately his biggest weakness is what he does with ball in hand. So often he undoes his good work.

There’s nothing wrong with that, JSOS is fringe 22 whether you like it or not

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His form and performance in his last 4 games before injury were absolutely outstanding.
And there has been plenty of games where he has performed over the journey.
I think he could be best 22 in a lot of teams.
Where he fits in our side with Voss keen on both Pitto and TDK is another matter!
I understand my pov is based on the romance of his family and I would love for him to become a premiership player like his dad and nonna!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BTW how good is it that Walsh/Cerra/Harry/Kennedy will be nice and fresh in the next few weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Paddy strings a couple more good games together (+25 possies, 4 tackles, 7 clearance and a goal per game and all active actions) is Kennedy and auto in?

If Paddy strings a couple more good games together (+25 possies, 4 tackles, 7 clearance and a goal per game and all active actions) is Kennedy and auto in?
I don't think he is... I think Dow at his best offers something different in the midfield group. Plus we saw his confidence grow as the game went on so hopefully that continues.

Great problem to have, can't remember the last time we had these real selection problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he can get 25+ touches then he is ahead of Kennedy. Kennedy is probably behind Hewett now anyway so I think we go Cripps, Cerra, Hewett and Walsh with Dow or Kennedy sub depending on form.

If he can get 25+ touches then he is ahead of Kennedy. Kennedy is probably behind Hewett now anyway so I think we go Cripps, Cerra, Hewett and Walsh with Dow or Kennedy sub depending on form.

Kennedy's strong marking, and his bullocking, are his key points of difference.

And he ain't slow despite what most think....

It's vomit from anus worthy that Jack has not seen a contract offer yet.
No it is not, Carlton did not know how much money it had in the cap until De Konig signed. JSOS contract may depend on the future of Fisher and Dow, weather Fisher can become a running HBF, we can diss O'brien's contract, or weather JSOS has leveraged an offer we can not match. Enjoy the present and embrace AFL reality, we can not keep all our players. Dow, Fisher and JSOS may not be at the club in 2024

Caleb Marchbank is an outstanding footballer, just ask his team mates how they rate him.

Lacks continuity and match practice, just like a chap called Charlie Curnow did when he was pretty vanilla in late 2021.

....but do you tie up 250 to 300k of cap space for 7 games a year and lose let's say JSOS

I will put my tip in early this week.
Demons by 34 points.
I don't think we can win contested ball and clearance with Oliver and Petracca, which will put the Blues on the back foot and deny us our one wood.
Don't worry, all is not lost, we will meet them in the last 2 weeks of the finals and with our players back, it will be a different story. The winner of this game is almost premiership favourite

I think he looked like a man who has been out for a very long time.

But every game is getting better...

He's a keep for me if he gets continuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back