Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be surprised if he plays and if he does he will probably tear his quad.

Maybe. This is starting to become some sort of Final Destination shit.

boys must be happy.

Get to finish the season early.
Well Crippa won't be happy.

Sadly ain't enough mates around him with that burning desire.

There is no team in AFL/VFL history who can crash out of a season like our Blues. Serious question, when is the last time we won our last two matches ?

Will watch the next few weeks just in the hope I see a positive future with our inexperienced guys getting a look in, forget about winning and you’ll be able to cope with what’s about to unfold.

Well Crippa won't be happy.

Sadly ain't enough mates around him with that burning desire.
Perhaps he can get started by ending the whole walking on egg shells charade and starting to offer some direct feedback.

"We win together, we lose together"

Wtf is that?

Reckon theres some pretty simple metrics to tell the story in the last 5 matches:
  • For the season we are sitting in 6th place for tackles (63.6 avg per game)
  • For the season, we are 3rd for tackles inside 50 (11.6)
  • In the last 5 matches we have slipped down to 9th for total tackles (61.0)
  • Whilst total tackles have not fallen too dramatically, our tackles inside 50 have dropped to the WORST IN THE LEAGUE (6.0 per game)

Its simply not good enough, and why weve been so easy to score against. The trademark of this side early in the year was good tackling across a game, and a 4 quarter effort with one supercharged session where we pile on goals. In the last 5 weeks, we instead look like a shell of our former selves - spend all our chips early, and get rolled later on in the game.

Shallow entries inside 50 after getting there slowly allowing oppo numbers back to out number and take the ball straight back out.

Fast ball movement, more use of corridor/braver decision making with better skill execution and sending the ball deep forward would change that around pretty quickly.

WA members and supporters have had to wait all year……..for THIS.

Couldn’t be more of a shitshow if we tried.

FMD. Convinced we are Cursed Football Club
Have had this in the calendar all year. Was hoping for a bit of fun with a finals spot locked in. Now i'm not sure i'll bother turning up considering the boys haven't the last 2 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marchbank Weitering Cowan
Newman McGovern O.Hollands
Acers Cripps Walsh
E.Hollands McKay Binns
Motlop Lemmey Williams

Pitto Kennedy J.Carroll

Owies Lord Cincotta Kemp

Sub C.Durdin

If Harry misses we have to cobble some kind of forward line together. Mgovern has to go forward, Lemmey ain't remotely ready but options are limited. Kennedy was our best midfielder would be silly to put him forward. Saad is a massive out. Irreplaceable.

Season is over. We can't win it. ONE win in 6 games and a growing injury list makes it impossible.

Time to see what we have and try some things. Maximise our list and see if we have some hidden Gold.

Ollie Hollands to HB. Create run and run straight. Will help is ball use which is generally good but he is runni g around corners
Kemp forward as third tall and back up ruck. Being wasted and hurt in defence
Mirkov in as Ruck. Wouldn't have considered this a month ago but form is good and WCE ruck is poor
Elijah more midfield
Young into defence on Allen.
Lord needs to play and in the middle. Move Hewett to HB where he plays at Swans
Cowan on a wing. Saw him play midfield in 2's early in year and looked very good.
Binns has to play surely?
Jack Carroll plays

Lemmey is an option but lacks effort
Wilson I love but just back from concussion and still finding his way
Moir had his best game on weekend in regards to effort but still lacks engine

Names like Pittonet, Owies, Motlop will play as we have no one else but their form has been poor

My fear is Voss won't do anything different

Will have no choice.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

As crazy as this sounds , if Harry and Charlie are out. We will have to bring in Young to play back, with mcgovern and kemp. And we will have to play weitering forward only hope to score. Young can’t play forward , kemp won’t beat Barrass and mcgovern can’t beat his brother. But weiters is strong.

I’ll have a crack, Aph! Acres is labouring with a shoulder issue from a couple weeks ago I reckon. I wonder if he’s getting through with a jab each week for it?
ZW I don’t know, but he always looks like he hurts himself each game and then is fine. Might be that incident on the boundary before half time that people are referring to.
Gov had the absolute shit kicked out of his hand in defensive 50 (how was that also not a free for in danger btw?) and played out the game, maybe another knock otherwise?

Either way, 6 changes minimum I think this week and a couple stay in playing sore due to how big our injury list is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back