Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For any WA Baggers:
I was planning on heading over with the old man and VIC based Weagle supporting mates.
Circumstances have changed and we will not be able to make it over or attend.

I have 4 tickets to the game I would like to give to someone. Seats are a couple of rows back on the top deck. Unfortunately they will be seat numbers 39, 42, 43, 44 as our 4th was a late respondent. I'm sure the people in between will be nice enough to move.

Would prefer they go to Carlton supporters with kids who may not normally get to go but if I don't get any responses will offer on the Eagles board too.

I've never used the messaging feature here but let me know if you'd like to go. You will need a Ticketmaster account/app to transfer the tickets to.

Tuesday morning, latest forecast.
Steady rain today, turning into an overnight deluge.
Heavy rain continuing throughout the week and intensifying over the weekend.
Has been raining most days for the last couple of weeks.

Might not be such a bad week to lose talls but we'll definitely need to debut Lord.

Was good to see Charlie on the news at least not limping or in a moon boot.

Might not be season ending after all. 🤞

I am fed up with reading all this talk about pulling the pin on this season!

We can still play finals, that is the simple fact.

Let's get behind our boys and support our team and not just give up on them.

Lord may come in and kill it?

Kemp could go forward and have a day out?

Pitto could dominate, Jesse could get off the leash.

I for one will remain positive and hopeful we will fight to the very end.

I don’t think anyone is saying the players shouldn’t try and win, it’s just with our injuries and form we won’t win.

If they turn it around it would be a Herculean effort to beat any side now with the outs we have.

Best case scenario is we find something we like the look of by new players coming in, players playing different roles which may give us something etc.

To win we’d need something really wacky like Young to kick a half dozen, Walshy to be free of his back issues and go back to his form of late last year etc.

I don’t think anyone is saying the players shouldn’t try and win, it’s just with our injuries and form we won’t win.

If they turn it around it would be a Herculean effort to beat any side now with the outs we have.

Best case scenario is we find something we like the look of by new players coming in, players playing different roles which may give us something etc.

To win we’d need something really wacky like Young to kick a half dozen, Walshy to be free of his back issues and go back to his form of late last year etc.

This is what I am talking about.

WE CAN WIN and this is best case scenario as far as I am concerned.

Play the kids — all of them.

Anyone who thinks this list is contending does not know football.
Nah you don't beat a near full strength Geelong by 10 goals if you're not a contender .
We have some holes to fill but who doesn't with just a few injuries .
Our issue isnt talent it's durability .
Having your team fit and in form at the pointy end of the season is crucial we've failed that test .

This is what I am talking about.

WE CAN WIN and this is best case scenario as far as I am concerned.
Scrape in, have a rest, bring back TDK, rediscover the mojo and then face Hawks again at the G and see if we have learned anything. Our best can beat anyone. While we let them score in too easily the first quarter we had 4 marks I50 they didn't look like being able to defend and give easy set shots.

Was a shame we didn't get to see how the boys would have responded from that poor second quarter with a full rotation. Hawks have crapped the bed a few times in the last quarter this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now's the time to gamble,

rest/rehab Charlie, Walsh, Saad, Acres, Boyd, McGovern for the next 2 weeks and depending on McKay maybe the 1 (this week) - I'll exclude Martin and those that have no hope in hell of playing again this season.

Now's the time to pull out a Marchbank for 1-2 games, Young, Lord, Carrol, Moir, Akuei, Mirkov etc and ask them to give everything they got for the next 2 rounds with the promise if we make finals and they're performing and some others don't come up they have a chance to get in the side.

This would hopefully give a few of those players a good 4 weeks rest before they'd play again if we make the 8. Depending on the final round and what the Saints side is looking like and our availability of youth and how they performed this week then I'd consider giving Cripps a game off.

Let's not kill ourselves trying to make finals to dither away in the elimination final. If we can freshen up 5-6 of these players there'd be a sniff.

What an opportunity this is for the VFL young lads, a chance to stamp your name in this club and push them into an increasingly unlikely finals spot.

A chance to be genuine heroes to the fan base.

Who’s gonna step up and make a name for themselves?

I’m looking at you, Lord, Binns & potentially Moir (need forwards)

Make it yours lads!

UPDATES on eight Blues leading into Round 22

Harry McKay (quad)

• Scans have confirmed he sustained quad injury on Sunday
  • Availability: 1-2 weeks

Jack Martin (hamstring)
  • Scans have confirmed a minor hamstring strain
Adam Saad (hamstring)
  • Scans have confirmed a minor hamstring strain
Charlie Curnow (ankle)