Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a really sad & shite couple of weeks on the personal front so yesterday’s game was another kick in the guts. But I want to see the lads play this season out.

Would love to see Lord debut. For the love of everything holy, please don’t play Young forward. Kemp or McGov preferably forward, Young back.Walsh wing. Let’s be adventurous but keep our heads.

Can’t give up on this season yet. If I lived in Perth, no chance I wouldn’t go to the game. The team needs your voice. We can vent after our season is over.

It’s been a really sad & shite couple of weeks on the personal front so yesterday’s game was another kick in the guts. But I want to see the lads play this season out.

Would love to see Lord debut. For the love of everything holy, please don’t play Young forward. Kemp or McGov preferably forward, Young back.Walsh wing. Let’s be adventurous but keep our heads.

Can’t give up on this season yet. If I lived in Perth, no chance I wouldn’t go to the game. The team needs your voice. We can vent after our season is over.
Hope all improves for you Blue Reaper

And totally agree- we can’t give up on this season yet

Here’s hoping some of you lot get some lotion on your bottom lips to heal the gravel rash.

Pack it all up when we have a chance to make the 8 and play finals, what rubbish.

Hope all of the ones who lay some cash against us with those juicy odds all lose.

Fight whilst we still can, the season is a war and we still have minimum 2 battles to go. Hopefully more.

Lift ffs.

Not sure how i see us winning this with our form and injuries but at least the AFL website folk seem to think we will!

Amazing stat - we’ve been favourites in our last 7 matches for one Roos win. I would totally ignore what the experts say about us, they really don’t factor in the mental and physical fragility of our list, all they see is our top end talent and think that will be sufficient. Not!

I’d play Matt Kennedy forward given total lack of marking options we will have with any forward nous. This allows Lord to come in as a mid, excited to get a look at him

Ok so no Harry & Charlie … where are the goals coming from ? Kemp forward I think is a must … at least he competes and has some breakaway speed … Young might have to come in and play somewhere as long it’s it not forward … down back he’s good for a couple of grabs might give away a goal or two but I thought Gov handed the hawks more than that … do we push Gov forward too ? Crippa resting forward instead of on the bench ? Does Fantasia come back in in the hope that he can kick one or two ? I’m having visions of us kicking no more than 5 to 6 goals in each of our remaining games … someone convince me otherwise … please

Set a big screen up out on the ground and play loud on repeat whilst the players/coaches ect are all training, what the hawks player(think it was weddel?)said about us in his post match interview!!!
That’s hurt big time!! The fact clubs are still not really taking us seriously!!

Set a big screen up out on the ground and play loud on repeat whilst the players/coaches ect are all training, what the hawks player(think it was weddel?)said about us in his post match interview!!!
That’s hurt big time!! The fact clubs are still not really taking us seriously!!
Pretty easy for Weddle to mock us with half our team on the sidelines, it wasn’t even remotely close to best 22 v best 22.

Get ready for Vossy to pick C Durdin with a bung shoulder and for him to be subbed 15 minutes into the first.

Rinse and repeat
Yeah, I watched the VFL game on the weekend...still looks like he has no confidence with the shoulder. At his best, he's a terrier with his tackling, but you can see he's still tentative.

Despite popular opinion in this forum, I'm still a huge Durdin fan - but I hope they don't bring him in even though Owies and Motlop totally stunk it up yesterday. It's more important to get his body right so he can get a full pre season without the yellow cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB: Newman - Weitering - Kemp
HB: Cincotta - Marchbank - Cowan

C: Acres - Cripps - OHollands
OB: Pittonet - Kennedy - Hewett

HF: Walsh - McGovern - EHollands
FF: Owies - Young - Williams

Interchange: Wilson (B), Carroll (OB), Binns (W) and Motlop (F).

Sub: Lord

Yeah we are so ****ed.

Ins: Marchbank, Young, Wilson, Carroll, Binns and Lord (sub).

Outs: Curnow, McKay, Saad, Fogarty, Boyd and Martin.

We are led by the Michael Voss and the Patrick Cripps- two all time legends who never back up even an inch. So the effort is going to be there this week and next.

Just need to get the roles right and structure in place. For example if Binns comes in he should be handballing and not kicking it. If Lord has been doing well playing inside (?) then let him do that and move Walsh to wing and Kennedy to forward line.

I don’t know if we can win our next two games or if we can win an elimination final if we get there - but I’m going to support the boys who have enough runs on the board in my books from the last two seasons that I can still believe in them and will keep believing until the siren.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We are led by the Michael Voss and the Patrick Cripps- two all time legends who never back up even an inch. So the effort is going to be there this week and next.

Just need to get the roles right and structure in place. For example if Binns comes in he should be handballing and not kicking it. If Lord has been doing well playing inside (?) then let him do that and move Walsh to wing and Kennedy to forward line.

I don’t know if we can win our next two games or if we can win an elimination final if we get there - but I’m going to support the boys who have enough runs on the board in my books from the last two seasons that I can still believe in them and will keep believing until the siren.

I just wanted to point out that our pressure rating against the Hawks got down to the 150s, despite being lead by Cripps and Voss.

The only reason I feel somewhat confident there will be more effort this week, is that we have to inject some new blood into the side and that creates enthusiasm.

I just wanted to point out that our pressure rating against the Hawks got down to the 150s, despite being lead by Cripps and Voss.

The only reason I feel somewhat confident there will be more effort this week, is that we have to inject some new blood into the side and that creates enthusiasm.

The pressure rating is not always the best gauge in that if you are good at spreading out quickly then your opponents end up with a low pressure rating - it’s not that we didn’t try hard enough but we weren’t able to stop their spread and apply pressure to where the ball was going to go (which other teams do very well against us so that our fourth or fifth connection in a handball chain always gets caught as we are predicable) - our pressure rating is usually through the roof in close contested footy games but when teams are able to take that away from us and exploit our weakness with speed and defending the spread our rating collapses and we lose

Yikes, more injuries...

Young Weitering Newman
Wilson Kemp O Hollands
Acres Cripps Binns
E Hollands Lemmy Williams
Motlop McGovern Kennedy
Pittonet Walsh Hewett
Cowan Cincotta Lord Carroll
Durdin
Akuei Moir Mirkov

Good luck to the 2s boys running out there. Show them you can play.

How many Carlton listed players in the VFL this week? 1?

Struggling to give a shit about this or the saints game. It's so over.

We aren’t going to win the flag this season but I still want to see the boys fight back through the adversity and build some form and get to Finals and show some resilience in the elimination final (most likely interstate) so that we show a little momentum for next season. Finishing 7th or 8th still means an easier draw next season and in my opinion is better than 9th or 10th. Not good enough from last season but better than 9th or 10th.

Weiters into the forward line as the big shiny object to kick to, surrounded by other marking options Kennedy and Kemp/Gov. Williams, Motlop, Binns and Owies as smaller options.

Young played in place of Weiters when we beat Lions at Gabba Rd1, I’m backing him in down back.

We need Williams to play half back again to give us some run. Kemp is not a defender - he was drafted as a midfielder and should play in midfield.

In: Marchbank, Young, Carroll, Binns, Cincotta
Out: Saad (inj.), C.Curnow (inj.), McKay (inj.), Martin (inj.), Fogarty (inj.)

B: Boyd---------------Weitering------------Newman

H: Williams-----------McGovern-----------Marchbank

C: Acres---------------Cripps---------------O.Hollands

H: E.Hollands---------Kennedy------------Carroll

F: Owies---------------Young--------------Motlop

Foll: Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh

Bench: Cowan, Kemp (mid), Binns, Cincotta

Sub: Mirkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad