Autopsy 2023 Rd 5 Blues get smashed by Crows

Who played well for the Blues vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t be ridiculous. Supporters are now entitled to be critical. This team is simply not as good as it has been represented to be. We need to face up to that fact.
it lacks backbone, grunt and toughness.
‘Frankly I hope we finish low so we can start recruiting smart, free of GWS refugees and soft private school boys that were favoured by SOS.
Look how quickly Adelaide have progressed. Mind you they have benefited from talented Sth Ozzies, like Dawson and Rankine, wanting to come home. But that’s hardly surprising coz SA is a top football state.
we should know coz we recruited a lot of talent from SA in the 80s and 90s.

Ah, yes I remember you, shame you need a new account

Go hard, we all do it different ways

Just remember the kangas had 30 odd shots at goal last week, and our backline was getting talked up. We were going like dogs balls before tonight. 3 and.4 on 1 when we kicked it into our tall forwards and 3 against 1 in their favour when they went into their forward line.

Izak Rankine patting opposition players on the back is likely to get himself a target painted on his back or his melon, unfortunately/fortunately none of our guys are likely to rearrange his grin, someone will, looking forward to seeing that happen, celebrate sure, don’t be an á**hôle
Maynard or Liam Stocker will 😀

Embarrassing. We really have no identifiable gameplan...unless moving the ball slowly around the boundary into contests is it. Every transition forward is a struggle whereas we are absolutely torn apart through the middle by sides on transition against us. We've learnt absolutely nothing and to see the effort and lack of grunt from some of our leaders...was really an indictment.

Yeah was really disappointing to see us continually go long down the boundary and almost never the corridor whereas Adelaide picked their way through us and changed the angles.

The Blue print to beat us is obvious...this is what Adelaide did all night.
  • Sit a +1 or even +2 behind the ball in front of Mckay and Curnow as they are our only way to kick a winning score
  • When you win the ball back, spread hard and exploit our lack of leg speed to find free players and pick your way up the ground
  • Challenge our defenders by kicking out in front of the forwards rather than on their heads

Fast teams like Crows & Pies hunt teams with ball closing down time & space. Very flat-footed tonight. Similar to the Gold coast game up there last year.

• We do need another classy hybrid marking/ground player up forward. I would have thought Cripps/Kennedy rotating midfield/forward would've been a better set up. Until we find a permanent one.
  • We do lack a bit of class/poise - Martin/Cunningham are almost a write-off unfortunately
  • Our defence could do with the speed like Boyd. Obviously Gov & Doc not available didn't help down there tonight.

A slow start to the year (even though we have won more), so I expect us to rebound strongly from tonight.

Great to see Walshy back.

Midfield too slow, midfield poorly coached. Nothing has changed there. Can't blame the rest of the field. Backs and forwards had little chance. Defence is bare bones.

You'd be talking about how our midfielders disconnected and lost their opponents on the spread. Started one on one then we got lost. Pretty sure we weren't instigating the one on ones, we were just playing headless chook footy.

We need a new midfield coach and a few new players in there. Cripps, Kennedy, Curnow, Hewett is f***ing slow and immobile. So is what we had in defence. Who ever decided to play Plowman and not Kemp needs to have a good look at them selves.

Wonder if we will do any skills training, our ball handling the last two weeks and been terrible.

Crows rebuild looking good, ours has become stagnant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly we are going exactly where we deserve to be. We should not have won tonight and we don't deserve to be favourites in our games. Surely, we can see that rubbish. We've been rebuilding for so long we must be right - rubbish. We need to work out how to become a winning team. Must be down to coaching as the Saints and Roos have done it with shocking lists this year.

Fast teams like Crows & Pies hunt teams with ball closing down time & space. Very flat-footed tonight. Similar to the Gold coast game up there last year.

• We do need another classy hybrid marking/ground player up forward. I would have thought Cripps/Kennedy rotating midfield/forward would've been a better set up. Until we find a permanent one.
  • We do lack a bit of class/poise - Martin/Cunningham are almost a write-off unfortunately
  • Our defence could do with the speed like Boyd. Obviously Gov & Doc not available didn't help down there tonight.

A slow start to the year (even though we have won more), so I expect us to rebound strongly from tonight.

Great to see Walshy back.
We don't play like the pack leaders do.
We are not in that league.

And to think this was close to our best side out there.

If anyone thinks we haven't regressed, then get your heads checked.
Wait on..

Yes on paper it looked ok, but 2 of the ins included Walsh who hadn’t played in 6 months, MK who was thrown around everywhere.

The loss of not just Doch, but Gov pre game, really threw the backline into turmoil.

Pitto injured early.

Walsh and MK will be far better for that game.

Due to injuries and lack of continuity with replacements we’re still stuck with likes of Plow, Fish and Honey in our 23.

Next few weeks Boyd, Cuners and Kemp must be eased into this team - some nice skill and speed there.

We must play Kemp ahead of Plow, hopefully tonite this ends any debate.

Martin may do our heads in but this forward line really needs classy mid sized forwards who can mark, really hope his body can hold together.

I agree but I’d also say Plow and Honey could’ve had absolute blinders and we still get beaten by near ten goals tonight. We need better but imo they were tiny issues tonight.

As it’s been mentioned, this sort of result has probably been coming and hopefully we can change things up.

They were tiny issues. But they still factor in, my point is more toward Doc and Gov being in also wouldn’t have saved it being a 10 goal loss. The lack of effort and intensity and lack of desire was clear. We needed a wake up call. We’ve got a perfect opportunity on Sunday now to rectify what’s happened here.

Carlton’s true colours tonight another season wasted. We need another coach VOSS isn’t up too it all the talent on the list it’s not good enough
😂 😂 there’s 18 games left!! Can’t just jump ship when it starts getting a little rocky. We got exposed tonight and I think the best way to judge a coach is when adversity hits. So I expect vossy to make some bold calls for next week and demand more from this playing group. This group played extremely emotionally today. They got too low when they were getting spanked early and they got two high when they thought they were a sniff. They need to reel it in and be more humble out there. The signs were there late against north. It looks like we played ourself out of form for this game. Leaders should be questioned but settle down mate. Long season ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 5 Blues get smashed by Crows

Back