Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

These are the answers ... what was the question again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what Hamill is coaching…

We zone the non dangerous space and leave big holes in the dangerous space…

Who TF coaches a backline to chip it around in the last quarter when you are 4 goals down… Take the game on and try and win ffs…

We desperately need some, small goal kicking forwards…

Appreciate everyone is down in the dumps (including me) but my baby boy was born this week and I got to watch my first Carlton game with him.

I hope this helps put a smile on some faces.

Also included is my amazing Mother’s knitting work…he’s very spoiled!
Hopefully we aren’t this rabble for the next 30 years and he suffers like we have … 30 years of joyless, soulless football with a quadrillion false dawns.

I guess the real issue is I drank enough to care today.

I already knew this team did so much damage to its psyche last year that there is no way this group of players will ever be successful.

I've barely watched a game this year knowing this.

Today, I thought it might be different against a bang a erage st kilda team.

Thing is..I already knew it was coming.

I'm officially check out.

Life is too good to waste it with this nonsense.

Go well, bigfooty crew.

Dow 40 disposals, 5 tackles and 6 clearances in the VFL today.
Carroll 37 disposals, 5 clearances, 3 tackles and a goal.
Fogarty 28 disposals, 9 marks, 6 tackles, 4 clearances.
Binns 29 disposals, 10 marks and a goal.
Boyd 21 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles.

Why are we worried about the lower standard of the VFL and deficiencies? How else can we put pressure on the senior side if we stamp the papers of the reserves players? They are on the list and they are doing all they can do to earn a call up.

Cincotta stepped up to the level, did he not?

We are slow and predictable, we don’t take our chances, we let the opposition out of their defensive 50 with zero pressure, our small forwards are clueless to the drop of the ball, we cannot stick a tackle to save our lives, our link up play is abysmal, we let the opposition set up behind the play the way they want, zero quick ball movement, we cannot execute under pressure, we cannot find space and so get in each other’s way in congestion, we have no flair or finesse, our coach mollycoddles the players, we keep on giving LOB chances to do f’all, our forward 50 entries and the leading of our 2 that’s right 2 Coleman medalists is mediocre at best and the IQ of a peanut at worst, we literally have more than enough cattle but we play like an under 7 foot side, get ball kick or hand pass to no body.

Ross the boss comes in and turns this ******* rabble into a well disciplined, cohesive, super fit running side in one ******* off season! Even with all their injuries! Voss has had two preseasons and has gone backwards. We are a ******* Joke!

Did I miss anything?
Nup

What’s a system when your players waver in their belief? This is once again at the feet of this playing group. They’ve got to stop feeling sorry for themselves and do their job. I’m quite sick of the coach blaming at this point. Players have to lift and stop shying away from the moment.
The coaching group could have made a statement a number of times this season with dropping players. They have not, that’s on the coaching group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most Carlton thing about today is how quickly the fans turn on the head coach...

Common call for supporters when any club has been failing for long as we have. Richmond and Melbourne were similar till they broke their droughts.

We always go "Oh it must be the coach because our list is pretty good" then we get a new coach who gets 12 or so good games out before it goes to crap again. We got a lot coach killers running out there today who escape scrutiny because people go "Oh another coach will get the best out of him!".

But surely there are some positives we can take out of this game.

Yes. Cerra was great. Walsh was great. Cincotta had a fantastic debut.

What were yours?

Who is to blame?

Either the players are s**t or the coach is s**t..

Who do you think is to blame?
Little from column A, little from column B.

Without being too optimistic. I quite liked the game plan for the majority. The amount of ridiculous goals saints got out of packs was outstanding and that won’t happen often. The third quarter killed us. Harry killed us. JSOS killed is. Very similar to 2022. Momentum killers. With our best side on the park in the coming weeks we will be better. I just wanted this one so bad. We get them again later in the year.

Key stats were all in our favour. It was just some small things that cost us. I’d have to say that’s the best game we’ve played all year. Surprisingly we still lost.

A note on a few players. Durdin Motlop go missing a lot. Fisher was better. Hollands is a gun and will be so good in 2024. Cowan needs a break. Cincotta should play all year from here. Elite disposal. McKay is in his head. Walsh is the best player in the afl (25 games in a row with 25+ disposals). We will get better and better as the year goes on. Saad Owies Boyd Dow Carroll doc will all make our team better.

In the midfield today I saw so many glimpses of fast handball movement. We just need that forward 50 connection. I see is very similar to 2016 dogs.

Need the win next week v west coast and then we have a tough month. I look forward to how we go with the game plan adding layers.

I think they had fire. They tried really hard. They just (a) have zero self belief when it matters and (b) are the slowest side in the afl. The speed makes us so easy to play against because you only need to push players back against us. You know we won’t burst into space in the midfield because no one can do it.
And we won’t until we have Saad, Williams, Docherty…etc

Dow 40 disposals, 5 tackles and 6 clearances in the VFL today.
Carroll 37 disposals, 5 clearances, 3 tackles and a goal.
Fogarty 28 disposals, 9 marks, 6 tackles, 4 clearances.
Binns 29 disposals, 10 marks and a goal.
Boyd 21 disposals, 4 marks, 3 tackles.

Why are we worried about the lower standard of the VFL and deficiencies? How else can we put pressure on the senior side if we stamp the papers of the reserves players? They are on the list and they are doing all they can do to earn a call up.

Cincotta stepped up to the level, did he not?
Dow should get at least a 4-week run in the team

So work butchered set shots or poor inside 50 entries into some sort of frame work or game plan you think...

Definitely too many inside mids, not brave enough at selection or opportunity.

Look at Cincotta today, included out of necessity today but in essence maybe brings some qualities that are far and above many who play for us regularly.
Yes. Make sure your players know their roles. Make sure they have routines that are practiced. Provide them confidence in their abilities so easy set shots aren't missed. So 50 entries make sense. This is literally one of the first things I do as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

Back