Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

These are the answers ... what was the question again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m done for the day. Only thing worse than losing to these perennial losers is seeing the filth and scum ahead of us playing way better footy than us with lists that should be behind ours. We have been rebuilding forever.. other teams rebuild for a couple of years and look like world beaters. We are shite to the core. Breaks my heart.

Our footskills are atrocious
Our forward fifty entries are atrocious
Our defence of transition is atrocius
Our forward transition is atrocious

That’s 4 very important parts of the game and we are bottom 4 material in all of them

Don’t be fooled by names on paper - our players are not the right players for the way the game is currently played - we hit 1 in 2 targets in open play by foot for anything over 30 meters … on the run it’s probably less - not AFL standard skills and the way we enter forward 50 is park level at best .. everything else breaks down because of it

Mine was the decision not to make the long treck to Darklands to see that rubbish...

I applaud your foresight. I'm glad I am interstate.

Appreciate everyone is down in the dumps (including me) but my baby boy was born this week and I got to watch my first Carlton game with him.

I hope this helps put a smile on some faces.

Also included is my amazing Mother’s knitting work…he’s very spoiled!
Nice. Put a smile on my face for the first time today. Thanks Jatz.

Great??? Neither had a real impact...maybe cerra

Would have been a lot worse without Cerra and Walsh. Not letting the result influence my emotions when assessing their games.

Players and the culture 100 %

We have been down this path of blaming coaches way too often in the last 20 years.

How many excuses should they get?
Who do you think creates a culture for players to succeed in.

This list hasn't been playing for 20 years. You literally implicate coaching by mentioning culture then contradict yourself. 🤦🏼‍♂️😂. It all comes from the coaches box. Attitude, structure, confidence, cohesion and composure. Which translates to 'footy IQ' on field. Or a lack of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think we should be throwing out the baby with the bath water - a few tweaks here and there by the coaches, a bit of better player positioning around the stoppages, perhaps some additional work on our goal kicking and better connection between our midfielders to our forwards and I think we can make a run at the top four - let’s see how the next few rounds pan out - bit too early in the season still I think.

I hope you’re right of course, but there is absolutely no evidence that we are any more than a mid to mid/bottom team. That’s where we ended up last year. We didn’t really change the list. And everything we’ve seen to date has demonstrated that we haven’t improved, and many other teams have.
Lots of time to go of course, but there is nothing to indicate things will change. The guys are trying their guts out in my opinion. They’re just not good enough unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes. Make sure your players know their roles. Make sure they have routines that are practiced. Provide them confidence in their abilities so easy set shots aren't missed. So 50 entries make sense. This is literally one of the first things I do as a coach.
So as a coach, what do you do with Silvagni & McKay when the repeatedly fail under pressure with set shot routine or execution.

Who is to blame?

Either the players are s**t or the coach is s**t..

Who do you think is to blame?

I have to say that we have some very talented players who can look second rate in this game plan. The players are frustrated. They did bust their guts for a great portion of this game for little reward.

At this stage, I'm blaming game plan and list balance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

Back