Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

These are the answers ... what was the question again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach killing second half in almost every respect.

But Voss's gameplan categorically does not work if everything isn't going right yet he wants to be absolutely rigid in it.

Let the players play their natural and instinctive game and cut out the massive over instruction that is clearly going on.

We absolutely have the players to blow games wide open, we saw that last year. All we had to do was slightly adjust to controlling the game when our period(s) of dominance within those games ended.

Instead, we’ve become so obsessed with slowing the game from the first bounce that with the inevitable turnover anywhere on the ground, we concede easy goals on the counter every time.

The simple fact is other teams do not feel pressure when they play us.

Appreciate everyone is down in the dumps (including me) but my baby boy was born this week and I got to watch my first Carlton game with him.

I hope this helps put a smile on some faces.

Also included is my amazing Mother’s knitting work…he’s very spoiled!
It's up to us to pass it on to the next generation they don't have to be Carlton supporters as long as they don't support another team.

Voss has been nothing but a mediocre coach his whole time in that role at two clubs now.

There is zero body of evidence to show he's one of the best coaches in the league.

Who would you suggest we should replace him with then ? Hinkley, Longmire (both OOC this year)

Club and the players need stability.

Ross always outcoaches Voss according to SirSwampthing

Same players making same mistakes

Same game day strategy failing to take advantage of our talent.

Boring & slow all relying on Harry and Charlie marking overhead.

Same result

Pressure on coach be interesting to see where we are before the bye. I won’t be surprised if we only win 2 out of the next 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our inability to work hard enough to create options is absolutely killing our ball movement. Chip back and around until we’re forced to go down the line is such an easy tactic to coach against

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Positives:
  • Midfield group lifted this week. Gave us absolute dominance in the first half and that’s a credit to them that they bounced back.
  • Walsh is remarkable how he can slot back in with such ease

Negatives:
  • Game plan is unsustainable. Any game plan that relies so heavily on midfield dominance to even stay in the contest is broken.
  • Players look genuinely confused out there. That’s on Voss. Has a few weeks to turn it around or the players, supporters, and board will realise he’s not the right coach to take us forward.
  • The lack of speed of ball movement. Gives our forwards no chance of any easy scores or short pass hit ups.
  • The slow switches across the ground. A switch should be taken quickly to open up the space. It’s pointless otherwise. This infuriates me how we take that kick so slowly.
  • The lack of foot skills. It’s absolutely sub standard. Largely this comes down to confusion and hesitation because the players have the skills.
  • Diabolical forward 50 entries. This once again makes you question coaching tactics and is a result of the slow ball movement.

Last year Voss got the bounce effect by largely just getting the group to play tough footy without implementing a complex system. He basically just let the guys play. This year he’s had more time to put his spin on it over the off-season and he’s tinkered way too hard. He’s clearly concerned about our inability to defend transition and the ‘plan’ he’s implemented stifles any chance we have of scoring easily and strips us of our strengths (i.e. our key forwards). The fact the players look confused is genuinely concerning. Anyways, on to next week.

Mentally fragile team.

Poor selection.

Probably the worst coaching team in the comp.

All the Lyon bashers look pretty stupid now. Most did prior but really put the exclamation point on their complete lack of footy knowledge.
Absolutely spot on - Lyon bashers behind the scenes should walk.

I really thought after last week's embarrassment that we'd come out with fire in the belly. But sadly I think we're just a meek football team. St Kilda always had a man free or the bounce of the ball, yeah sometimes it's luck but if it happens that often it's football nous and coaching. Voss beaten hands-down again.

Really disappointing performance tonight and I think we'll struggle to make the 8.

So the coaches should be working that into their frameworks.

The saints had 15 players last year that people said the same about. INCLUDING MASON ******* WOOD. It's all coaching.
So work butchered set shots or poor inside 50 entries into some sort of frame work or game plan you think...
There were more mistakes with ball in hand than usual.

Do we think that we are carrying one too many inside mids? We still look slow in the middle even with one ruck.
Definitely too many inside mids, not brave enough at selection or opportunity.

Look at Cincotta today, included out of necessity today but in essence maybe brings some qualities that are far and above many who play for us regularly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 6 Misfiring Blues drop their bundle again

Back