VFL 2023 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if I misheard but Nigel Carmody in the wrap up suggested Mirkov is out for the foreseeable future, any news on his whereabouts?

Otherwise some promising signs from the listed talls, O’Keefe (has a similar body shape/style to Gawn and is just a baby) and Lemmey(has looked a lot better with sometime in the ruck, could be a replacement for another blonde tall down the track).

Cunners is class and definitely would add something that missing to the seniors, depending on fitness levels.

The young VFL listed mids carried us in the middle and Gill and McMahon very handy down front.

Cowan is going to be very good, will keep Boyd, Cincotta on their toes.

Break glass backups in Fogarty and Plow did their jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with whoever mentioned it earlier about Plow’s hair - his next haircut will be his last.
He’s been in good form in the 2’s - if he plays 1’s again this year I’d suggest a pre-game buzz cut, will be unrecognisable and might fool a few wondering who he is. Might even find a yard or two of pace 😂

Cuningham and Cowan look like senior footballers. Above the level. Bring them back in ASAP.

I would rather see Cowan continue to develop his game as an offensive half back in the 2s, than see him come in and play a negating lock down role in the 1s.

That left peg is a genuine asset. Nothing better than seeing a defender running it 20m and kicking it 60m. Opens up the whole ground.

Can’t see them playing Dave next week. I know the VFL have a bye, but you feel their going to be ultra conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If they can play glass calfs Martin after one game, I’d be amazed if DC doesn’t play next week, especially given lack of forward options

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee I mean there’s a few blokes pushing for afl who doing a good job…..and then there is Cuners. If ever there’s been a bloke too good for this level is Dave. Took the piss today. I think he seems a little ginger in that shoulder but so what. He’s just too good.

Straight in.
He is so darn good.
Rapt for him.
No more looking back.

Excited to hear Cuningham was impressive. I wonder if we give Fogarty one last chance in the ones.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the forward line, line up like this in a couple of weeks.

Cuningham Curnow Cottrell
Martin McKay TDK

Fogarty coming off the bench

I would never have expected that a couple of months ago, let alone be happy with it.

Miss the game…can someone please provide an update
We played our best in the last quarter. Cunners was the cream rising to the top.
Cowan was awesome, running strongly and kicking long.
Young O'Keefe in the ruck is developing nicely, love his aggression.
Fish played a new role across half back, did okay.
LOB was good at times.
Honey had a bit of an off day with his kicking at goal.
Lemmey was quietish, yet you can see he will make it.
Played really attacking style, especially in the last, lets hope we do the same later.

We played our best in the last quarter. Cunners was the cream rising to the top.
Cowan was awesome, running strongly and kicking long.
Young O'Keefe in the ruck is developing nicely, love his aggression.
Fish played a new role across half back, did okay.
LOB was good at times.
Honey had a bit of an off day with his kicking at goal.
Lemmey was quietish, yet you can see he will make it.
Played really attacking style, especially in the last, lets hope we do the same later.

Agree with all the above.

Will also include though, that young Dozzi looked capable.

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2023 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back