Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Owens will almost 100% get it, but thought Michalanney was really solid against Freo. 16 disposals, 5 marks, was very composed and made the right decisions all game.

Completely pocketed Walters.

Gonna be hard for anyone to beat the Cheezle this year, but pretty happy I got some money on Mich Owens when he was paying $67

I think if that 2021 draft was done over he'd be pushing as a top 5 selection. He has everything going for him.

By memory he was rated much higher than where he was selected but like most NGAs slips down the pecking order.

Disposals inside forward 50 for the season:

Eq 1st with 34: T Green, J Gresham, I Rankine

4th with 29: M Owens

No.2 ranked “general forward” in the AFL: M Owens

(Courtesy of First Crack, Fox Footy)

Averaging:
18.3 disposals- Elite
11.5 contested possessions- Elite
13 effective disposals- Elite
2 goals- Elite
4.5 shots at goal per game- Elite
1.8 Contested marks- Elite
1.8 Marks inside 50- Elite
6.3 score involvements- Elite
6.5 ground ball gets- Elite
1.3 score launches- Elite
292m-gained- Elite
27% hitout win- Elite
62.5% hitout to advantage- Elite
86.8 AFL fantasy points- Elite

I know it’s cool to rack up big numbers across half back, but it’s far more difficult to do the business up forward, and in particular inside the F50, and that’s what Mitch is doing this year.

Last edited:
Sheezel has been amazing in his first four weeks. What a master stroke by Clarkson to move him down back to learn the trade.

Kicks the ball well and it’s safe in his hands. Makes good decisions and reads the play really well already.

I can see him sitting in this role to tel he end of the year, but then he gets moved to progress him further. The big question will be - is he set for the midfield or will he go to the forwardline?

Plenty to look forward to for Kanga fans.
It's the one positive from Tarryn Thomas being out - it opened that role for Sheezel. I'm not sure if Thomas will ever make it back, but if he does I think Sheezel will get some midfield/forward time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Owens this week. Been great all year but was BOG tonight

27 touches (19 contested) 2.2 goals, 4 contested marks even got 5 hitouts

Yeah I think that is definitely a nomination worthy performance.

Kids flourishing under RTB.

Given the lack of outstanding eligible mid field performers (AFAIK, I only watched 5 games this weekend) I concur with this.

Good lad is Jye Amiss who suffered an horrific and potential life threatening injury in the WAFL last year. Would love him to get a nomination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2023 Rising Star - Congratulations Harry Sheezel of The North Melbourne Football Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back