Game Day 2023 Round 08 Collingwood v Bloods Sunday 3:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't mind going into this game with the mentality of "we are going to lose by a lot" as it means if we do lose by a lot I won't be upset as I will be expecting it and if we only lose by a little I will be pleasantly surprised and if we actually win I will be thrilled.

Im going in thinking we will be unable to be competitive.

I get where you are coming from as a fandom thing, but thats a sad state to be back to oh well lets hope they look ok today

The changes most needed are the thinking in the coaches (not the personnel).

The slaughter at the Litter Box began before the game started. We tossed in the towel playing Mills on the wheat silo.

yeah lets see what happens, hopefully we are good if it is Melbourne, Geelong 3.0, then yep time for change

This week I want to see our Coaches in better form. I believe they were more damaged by the GF than the players and whatever lessons absorbed were the wrong ones.

Horse must be in the Coaches Box. Last week he was close to out of control at ground level. An unedifying spectacle that is out of character and not good for the players. Maybe try Cox there.

I want to see us take on the game and rediscover our offensive transition, not seen since the first half of the PF.
Agree with this, coaches need to release the shackles and choose to be adventurous rather than revert to the defensive mindset.

Hoping they make the adjustments required, would be good to see improvements today on the G, will find out in a few hours!!

Has Buddy ever played in long sleeves

Even the jumpers he and his better half knit ( at home after the bins are out, in front of the fire and after the kids are in bed) are sleeveless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant wait for mitchell to tear us a new one like he always does
And Clarke will take care of Mitchell too. He will stop both Daicos and Mitchell at the same time.

I really hope we don’t mindlessly kick long into our forward 50 and allow Darcy Moore to intercept mark all day long.

Hit up and honour the leads, get the ball into our best users hands, Gulden, Blakey, Warner, Mills and Campbell.

Tips for those lucky enough to be going today. (Win lose draw or flogged, I always felt ‘lucky’ to be going to the footy)

1. Wear layers, plus a hat, beanie or beret. Swans scarf, preferably wool and knitted by Aunty Flo or your great grand nephew Bill.
  2. Gloves. Failing gloves make sure your coat is old, buy two Spring rolls pre game, put in coat pockets, use as hand warmers. At half time, buy two replacement Spring Rolls ( if you were crackers and ate them) or tell the staff the original snacks were bought cold and insist on them nuking them in the microwave. Old Dermie trick.
  3. Prep and pack 2 Thermos; one with soup, the other with coffee and whisky.
  4. Throat lozenges to keep your voice in earth shattering form.
Have shorts on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back