Trades 2023 Round 11 trades

Are you trading "Piggy" Oliver this week

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I really should of known better on kentsable ...he really didn't make it as a cat .
I thought yeah suns will give games to spuds for fun .

The Kent kinda been useful..with he's dpp .....

But he could just break a few of he's team mates and get a few games that would be great ..

Time to roll the dice and finally use my first 3-way trade.

Oliver + 2 rooks for hopefully some more consistent scoring

1685028471265.png

Expect next week to be another 3-way trade for Ford, Wardlaw & McAndrew - but we shall seeeee!

OUT: Ginbey Cincotta
IN Humphrey Fyfe

Oh My GIF by Omaze
The Simpsons Reaction GIF

What a week this rounds trade thread has become.
I have learn’t so much.
Like:
The mathematics of SuperCoach in relationship to the amount of Redhead’s in Greensborough.
To the Philosophy and Psychology of the catastrophe and carnage of this game and how to/we all deal with it.

Team news came out and I think like others I Shat’tered the bed.
A few less bench coverage players than I had hoped. Well 1 !! Maybe plus a sub if I’m lucky.

And betting it all in positive trades and that Wilmont keeps his place otherwise I’m on my way to ‘Krispy Kreme’.

Trade plans haven’t changed all week.
Out - Day & Ginbey
In - Merrett & Humphrey.
The price is right as it leaves $0 in bank. I call that the perfect trade.
As this is the right time at the right price before rises or fall’s in players involved.

HOLDING OLIVER !!!!!

For those who have no short, to long term memories - this is not the first time pre-bye carnage has hit. And expect more!! As players who may be playing a bit sore get an extra week off in Bali for some R&R as they rejuvenate and rest those niggles either side of their byes for the long run home.
“Remember AFL players not to take your phones out with you and record selfies or vid’s”.

Back to Oliver - the 3 Trades to upgrade final few premo’s is always the toughest and getting rid of him will mean no chance of seeing him again.
In fact I’d prefer to field a rookie for the rest of the season @ each of D6, M8 and F8 than not have Oliver post byes.

Bye rounds I will scrape together some kind of best 18.

Next week is time to bury some dead rookies. RIP.

Last edited:
Down to three options:

1. Hold Oliver, give Johnson a chance to cover him. With Kenstable's game later in the day, if Johnson fails, I could go Simpson to Wardlaw for a second crack. ($87k ITB)

2. Oliver to Laird. Would be making $60k and backing in Laird to match Oliver on the way home, which he could do with a nice draw. ($148k ITB)

3. Oliver to Brayshaw (Freo), Simpson to...Ridley. Fat old chance I bring my mortal enemy Crabley in, especially after making fun of people for starting with him due to the fact he's absolutely a fake premo. BUT, he will easily average a 90 at D6 for the rest of the year, and I'd be getting two 'keepers' for one with this deal. (~20k ITB)

Think I've come all the way back to holding Piggy, as there'll be no way to bring him back in later on. Just gotta hope he misses two weeks, not four.

Although if someone feels strongly about any of these options, feel free to indulge me.

EDIT: Less than an hour later, I'm tempted by Laird again, as my numbers for next week are not quite as good as I'd thought given the rookie carnage.

Last edited:
Once upon a time trading was very strategic because you had very few trades. Holding a 3 week premo was a must. Still plenty of older SC coaches that have stuck with holding onto trades as precious. The recent gameplan of finishing your team as quickly as possible to get rooks off the field and have full premo by the byes is great if you have plenty of trades left and playing rooks on the bench to make it through the last 8-9 rounds. This might not be a great year for that tactic
Agreed.
1685052191731.gif

Probably just Jelly to Steele

Hollands survives as hes still playing. Pray for a spike game!
Thought about this

I’ve got trades in so hand I’ve sideways Holland to Humphries - 17 trades left

Weddle | Angwin | Drury on pine (as E)

Can loop Weddle and do expect Drury to be dropped

Down to three options:

1. Hold Oliver, give Johnson a chance to cover him. With Kenstable's game later in the day, if Johnson fails, I could go Simpson to Wardlaw for a second crack. ($87k ITB)

2. Oliver to Laird. Would be making $60k and backing in Laird to match Oliver on the way home, which he could do with a nice draw. ($148k ITB)

3. Oliver to Brayshaw (Freo), Simpson to...Ridley. Fat old chance I bring my mortal enemy Crabley in, especially after making fun of people for starting with him due to the fact he's absolutely a fake premo. BUT, he will easily average a 90 at D6 for the rest of the year, and I'd be getting two 'keepers' for one with this deal. (~20k ITB)

Think I've come all the way back to holding Piggy, as there'll be no way to bring him back in later on. Just gotta hope he misses two weeks, not four.

Although if someone feels strongly about any of these options, feel free to indulge me.

EDIT: Less than an hour later, I'm tempted by Laird again, as my numbers for next week are not quite as good as I'd thought given the rookie carnage.
The questions you ask can only be found by taking the long path down the long dark a terrifying road known as Excel.

Many formulas you must make.
Ratings system’s you will create.
Head will ache.
Pleasure it will take.
Will to live it will forsake.
Intuition is at stake.
Then just have a beer and say F’it !!

The questions you ask can only be found by taking the long path down the long dark a terrifying road known as Excel.

Many formulas you must make.
Ratings system’s you will create.
Head will ache.
Pleasure it will take.
Will to live it will forsake.
Intuition is at stake.
Then just have a beer and say F’it !!
I honestly can't stress just how many god damn spreadsheets I have on the go for this silly game haha.

Problem is, we just don't know how many Oliver misses. Formula has it coming out as a win if I trade Oliver and he misses more than two. If he misses one, it's a loss. If he misses two exactly, it's very line ball.

I think him missing two is most likely (gut feel), but it's hard to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember 24 trades ...
We could cope this season been brutal enough..

But less trades makes you think about your team more ..

Actually opposite is true.

Unlimited trades + Fixed salary cap + More aggressive price changes that start from round 1

It’s the ultimate buy low sell high and you’d definitely have to think more about your team if you could make 30 trades each week!

(Would keepers even exist when everyone is potentially a cash cow?)

Why it’d work:

- Rewards those that invest more time into game plus gives casual players a reason to keep playing after the byes

- opens up infinitely more opportunities and hence less cookie cutter teams

- minimize impact of unlucky injuries & unexpected events

- more trades = more engagement = more players (YOY decline in # is real)

View attachment 1696105

15 trades and 101k

At this stage looking at holding Oliver, however my current cover is pretty poor.

IF Cincotta gets back in that helps, worst case scenario I will play Weddle D6, Wilmot M8 as cover for Oliver.

Sadly Hollands recent subs have meant he probably needs to go this week.

Think there are few options
1. Hollands to Humphrey. No immediate $ but he should provide cover this week and through the byes and should make another 100k easily.
2. Hollands to Wardlaw - pocket 90k. Risk is Wardlaw not on bubble.
3. Hollands to Fleeton - pocket 160k. JS should be okay short term given GWS injuries, scoring not great. Probably only an option if Cincotta is named as I probably don't want him on field?
With lack of rookie coverage I am now thinking it might be best to hold Hollands as he seems in the b22 (just a sub risk).

Is it worth trading Cincotta to Humphrey instead? Only 101k in the bank and can't get any other rookie to Humphrey.

Any chance he gets back in? Not even an emergency this week

For those worried about never getting Oliver back if you trade him this week, if you've currently got Atkins and Humphrey, and if these two hit there pretty reasonable predicted scores over the next two-3 weeks, then there is a definite way.

Round 11: Oliver to Laird (bank the 60k, but actually bank it. No, no don't you go spending that, its your piggy bank, leave it.)

Round 13: Hope that piggy gets half way up for the King's birthday and pumps out a respectable but not too enthusiastic 100. But do not fret, as long as he doesn't hit his 138 breakeven, everything is fine.

Round 15: Atkins (350k) + Humphrey (350k) + 60k Bank (760k) to Oliver (650k) + Best 102k Mid-Season Draft Rookie (760k)

In the mean time, enjoy Laird and all those bargain points you get from someone who many chose over Oliver at the start of the year

Should I jump on Weddle (Trade Cincotta)? I am down to 12 trades but I need the extra body and cash gen. Or do I wait for someone cheaper?
Cash gen is a moot point if you run out of trades. Wardlaw and Ford should provide decent gen, with the former being a good keeper and the latter a bit more risky. Weddle does look the goods tho

I honestly can't stress just how many god damn spreadsheets I have on the go for this silly game haha.

Problem is, we just don't know how many Oliver misses. Formula has it coming out as a win if I trade Oliver and he misses more than two. If he misses one, it's a loss. If he misses two exactly, it's very line ball.

I think him missing two is most likely (gut feel), but it's hard to know.
Was trying to change the mood in here. I can hear some may not have been put through the arduous task of having the movie ‘Frozen’ put on daily repeat.

I’ve gone from ranks like this, this season.
IMG_2751.jpeg

And that was with hrs of spreadsheets pre-season cross referenced with past 3 seasons.
And that is also using boosts for the first 4 rounds to fix up the mess I had created and the injuries that kept on coming in hot. Only for the 4-6 week injuries to be 1-2’ers.

So from round 4 onwards I had a bank and decided to only get who I thought would be Top 1-3% in each line. And that has cost a lot. Sometimes buying at top end price.
But it was the team I wanted to build.

After so many sideways/fix-up trades.
I have had to put the manic risk method back into slow grind mode.
A bit like playing with only 20 big blinds left in No-Limit Hold’em.

Also I threw out all my spreadsheets, stopped listening to the advice of Youtuber’s and looking at heat maps etc.

And just said. These are the players I like to watch and think are good with less historical risks of injuries.

The funny side is I am enjoying it more just going gun-ho.
And even just went ok when Oliver got injured. Water of a ducks back. But he was a non-negotiable hold as he will make me a royal flush on the turn, not holding out til the river crying out ‘one time’.

Anyway thats enough analogies or euphemisms or whatever they are called.

Lloyd to Sicily? Very sideways, but I want to bring in Sic, and feel like this is as cheap as he gets from here

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2023 Round 11 trades

Back