Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your on field numbers looking like in Round 14? Would a Wardlaw score be beneficial there?
As it stands, I've got 22 players available for round 14. It's probably the week I'm best prepared for given it's still a few weeks away - other than round 13 obviously.

Trouble is that 4 of those players are Kentstable, Cinkenta, Drury (perhaps the most useless kent of the lot), and Madden.

There's also my man The Rat, who some naysayers might suggest will be gone by then but I'm not worried about that (totallllly not because I probably will have traded him by then).

I'm passing on Briggs (subject to selections this evening). I could go Ratugolea to Briggs but I only gets Briggs score this week as I have Marshall and English. Hopefully Rat will be back to cover English in round 15
EDIT. Might turn Rat into McAndrew next week if I want some $$ for an upgrade

So not taking at rip at the dumb reference but you must be a genius as that awesomeness has cost you 200SC points and $100k up to now.

Well done Nostradumbness.
Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Just one trade this week

SP Ryan > Ford

Next week

Wilmot > Warner, Neale or Brayshaw

If Simpson isn’t back this week I might move him to Briggs

rd12 trades.png rd12 team.png
Personally don't see Drury getting back into the 1's rest of the year, so willing to "upgrade him". Think Chesser, Sturt and Sharp all have better chance of featuring in the byes. Only going Ginbey to Briggs as it allows for only 1 up 1 down with the hawks rookies for Brayshaw and a a rookie next week. Briggs also looks like an alright enough cash grab. If I go back and forth enough I'd potentially leave Ginbey in the side and pass on Briggs, don't mind Reubs' ability to score when Yeo is in the side.

I'm getting cold feet on Briggs now. $254k seems like too big an investment for a player that will only spend 1 week on-field (unless one of my other rucks suffers a short-term injury).

On the flipside, his cash gen potential is better than Wardlaw's for mine and I still leave myself with $140k as protection for the rest of the byes. He also more than likely becomes Darcy Cameron in about a month.

How much should you value Wardlaw's likely 3 games on-field compared to Briggs' safer cash gen? Both have the same bye too, so that doesn't help. Really tricky one.

Should have 18 this week without either of them, but the byes seem like a good time to get rid of some dead rookies.
Briggs only makes sense as a downgrade from Hodor. Otherwise Wardlaw is the better trade, should at a minimum provide cover for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me and you both my friend.

Almost considering roughy-ing him in for Wilmot and a cheeky $90k cash grab
Reckon Banks (Richmond) would be the better bet. Seems as likely to play up to the bye as Cincotta, and should make a little more cash in the mean time. Also, more of a cash grab.

Edit: just saw he is on the extended bench. My bad

Ratugolea and Sicily being out has pushed me down to 17 this week. What are the chances of McAndrew staying in for the swans next week? It's him or Briggs this week. I'd hoped for the extra cash, but Sicily being out has changed things.

Why though?

He’s basically the only campaigner who can hit a target in our squad, and Voss has clearly implemented a “no hitting any targets ever” policy this season.

Voss hates us hitting targets.
Looks like Vossy wants to hit some targets this week.

18 named.

Ryan to Ford locked

Potentially Simpson to Wardlaw which would give me a spare. Will mull over that as the round progresses.
I went dead rook to Ford, and will wait and see whether Simpson is named sub or not.

If he is, he can ****offski to Wardlaw or, if Flynn isn’t named, Briggs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2023 Round 12 trades - Bye's Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back