Trades 2023 Round 13 trades - second week of the byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 8.38.27 pm.png

Just the one trade this week:
Ziebell to Neale

13 trades left, 40k in the bank, still have Mitchell, Briggs, Weddle and Rat to flip.

Thinking that I'll more than likely have to keep 1 of Ridley/Sheezel, still not hot on Ridley.

Thoughts?
Think Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

I wouldn't let Fyfe deter my trade plans..

He will just have to be a hold. Unfortunately for us owners, maybe we need to start looping him in with a Sheezel or Ashcroft type.

He is the main reason why I'm set on taking the back road towards a completed team.

D7, F7 and M9 covered by a 400k+ premo is good enough in my eyes. The ability to loop in two premo scores, along with the carnage coverage, is surely better than D6 F6 and M8 being covered by fake premos like Cripps.
Surely Cripps could turn it back on later in the year? Was ok on the weekend for the first half, but then just dropped away for the second half of the game.

Could just be a purple patch

Putting out a call for Scoopsnet intel on whether any of the following bye-all-done smokey-dokey's are worth a shot if you're on a tight budget, feeling creative(ly confined), or just very deliberately aiming unique to make up ground:

Wilkie (very invested in club success, big game player? What's with the 20 and the 50?)

B Crouch ($100K+ down, would be a decent cheap M8 at his best, how's he traveling? Steele a factor if he keeps playing hurt?)

N Wanganeen-Milera (is he building to tons? wait next year or two?)

-----------------------------------------------

Blakey (big new contract, talls returning, can go massive and will put in 100% every week)

Rampe (where did those early big scores come from? Could they return?)

----------------------------------------------

Rich (played most of last year, Lions have struggled to replace him, have they now got him right for a big push to finals? Tons awaiting? Sub/rest risk?)

Daniher (not cheap, but he's as mercurial as they get. Could easily be a top forward at season's end)

McCluggage (bit similar M8 possibility profile to Crouch - can he turn it around? If you have Neale, does he cover him going AWOL to some degree?)

Andrews (might bottom out much lower than usual at this rate and can go massive in big games)

Young
Cox
O'Meara
Fyfe

Didn't comment for the Freo blokes because they're all kinda obvious risk/reward.

Did I miss anyone?

Can we make a case that one of these less common alternatives could bring a rogue side home with a wet sail?

Putting out a call for Scoopsnet intel on whether any of the following bye-all-done smokey-dokey's are worth a shot if you're on a tight budget, feeling creative(ly confined), or just very deliberately aiming unique to make up ground:

Wilkie (very invested in club success, big game player? What's with the 20 and the 50?)

B Crouch ($100K+ down, would be a decent cheap M8 at his best, how's he traveling? Steele a factor if he keeps playing hurt?)

N Wanganeen-Milera (is he building to tons? wait next year or two?)

Blakey (big new contract, talls returning, can go massive and will put in 100% every week)

Rampe (where did those early big scores come from? Could they return?)

----------------------------------------------

Rich (played most of last year, Lions have struggled to replace him, have they now got him right for a big push to finals? Tons awaiting? Sub/rest risk?)

Daniher (not cheap, but he's as mercurial as they get. Could easily be a top forward at season's end)

McCluggage (bit similar M8 possibility profile to Crouch - can he turn it around? If you have Neale, does he cover him going AWOL to some degree?)

Andrews (might bottom out much lower than usual at this rate and can go massive in big games)

Young
Cox
O'Meara
Fyfe

Didn't comment for the Freo blokes because they're all kinda obvious risk/reward.

Did I miss anyone?

Can we make a case that one of these less common alternatives could bring a rogue side home with a wet sail?
Callan Ward

If that was my side, I'd seriously consider Sheezel > Rozee to forwards > premo mid facilitated by downgrading a Van Rooyen type, possibly by moving Madden into the forwards and grabbing McAndrew, assuming he's named.

Then I'd feel closer to truly completed
If I were to go the full premo team route.

I would somehow need to get through R14, then R15 do Ford and Sheezel for a playing rookie and a premo, which gets me through that round too.

R16 will upgrade Ashcroft. R17 upgrade Humpa.

Will leave me with 4 trades for SC finals if all goes to plan.

I don't think I'm lucky enough to avoid future carnage to 2 or more of my players, hence the original comment of having to consider this team as "completed".

No shitetruck rookies on the field is close enough, which is good enough for now. It's only Round 13.

If that was my side, I'd seriously consider Sheezel > Rozee to forwards > premo mid facilitated by downgrading a Van Rooyen type, possibly by moving Madden into the forwards and grabbing McAndrew, assuming he's named.

Then I'd feel closer to truly completed
Campaigner. Got me tinkering.

Screenshot_20230606_213425_Chrome.jpg

Leaves JVR to moo a bit more with one of Ford and Cinc, then I will be able to loop in Ashcroft and Humpa.

Next week do JVR and Ford/Cinc for the best premo and next loop option.

Would Serong’s scores be affected by Fyfe getting more midfield minutes? I’ve got enough to do Worpel to him, but I’m not 100% convinced yet.

Thoughts?
Or free him up even more?
The best midfields have enough points for all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chances that Sinclair & Neale get tagged and don’t go too crazy this week?

Want to squeeze a little more out of Weddle & Mitchell before I pull the trigger on Day, Weddle & Mitchell to Neale, Sinclair & a rookie next week.

Chances that Sinclair & Neale get tagged and don’t go too crazy this week?

Want to squeeze a little more out of Weddle & Mitchell before I pull the trigger on Day, Weddle & Mitchell to Neale, Sinclair & a rookie next week.
Hoping Sinc goes nuts for the remainder after trading him in this week

One stage last season, Keays was touted as a better prospect than Laird and Dawson.

View attachment 1705906

@ 370k and 26 years old, I don't see why he cannot start to replicate these numbers from last season.
He was never touted as a better prospect than Laird.

13 trades left and I was planning on 2 then 0 then 1 and now I have 3 in the gun.

In
NDaicos (tossing up him or Houston but the bye for Houston doesn't help, I can cover Daicos easy enough, Sic price is a little high and Daniel/Dale's bye again isn't helpful), Fyfe (not sold and could probably go someone a little cheaper to add another few thousand in the bank) and Maric he will get a game soon enough surely with the poor Eags struggling more for warm bodies than my R15 side.

Out
Cincotta Mitchell Chandler. Of these Mitchell is my only concern of who may make some extra $$.

Leaves me with 20 this week, 19 next week (but looking at flipping Angwin and Wardlaw (pending his BE next week) next week prior to the bye) and 17-ish pending trades for R15.

Backline will be done. 2 needed in the midfield and one of Sheez/Bear will be upgraded to a Mcrae/Butters pending who turns it on and who stinks it up.

Leaves me currently with 130K in the bank and 10 trades if I go down this path.

View attachment 1705957View attachment 1705958

Smoking back line ..

Cat Smoking GIF by sheepfilms
cat smoking GIF by sheepfilms

Ok beautiful Kent's.

My team is toilet...217 in kitty .

Rank sucks.
Probs won't make finals...

Should I stick to dogs and plants ..and drinking .
Take up scrap booking and stamps .

Was going to trade Zeebs..

But

JDG to Warner.
Rebecca to Ryan ...wookie of the field.

Would like Neale tho .

Any ideas please .

Attachments

• 20230607_000510.jpg
    20230607_000510.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230607_000433.jpg
    20230607_000433.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 27
He was never touted as a better prospect than Laird.
As a SC prospect, on this board, by some members here? Yes. I remember when trading in Laird, I was seeing posts about the 'better Adelaide midfielder'.

Not going to bother digging around for it, but this particular memory has stuck with me.

Ok beautiful Kent's.

My team is toilet...217 in kitty .

Rank sucks.
Probs won't make finals...

Should I stick to dogs and plants ..and drinking .
Take up scrap booking and stamps .

Was going to trade Zeebs..

But

JDG to Warner.
Rebecca to Ryan ...wookie of the field.

Would like Neale tho .

Any ideas please .
Amount of trades remaining is very important to state at this stage of the season.

I'm going to assume you have F all like the rest of us.

In your position, I would play the long game. Like a poker game where youre low on chips, just keep folding (no trades) and shove when you get the nuts (like when Mills bottoms out). Opponents will run out of chips, and before you know it, you're in the money.

Hold JDG and hope for the best. This week I would do Seamus and Ginbey to Yeo and the best midfielder you can afford. Get Wardlaw off the field.

Then look to hold off on trades unless necessary. If you play it right, you can sneak into some SC finals or pull in a good rank with some trades down the track.

Running out of trades early means nothing to play for really. May as well stretch it out as long as possible.

Reckon he might be a good value spot, but FWIW, I was focusing on the players from the four teams who have already had their bye. :thumbsu:

I threw my potential wishlist of rd.15 bye bargains into the compost bin a month ago! ;):D

That's why Kent's are on fyfe .

Where Ward or keys might of been options if they had the bye .

Amount of trades remaining is very important to state at this stage of the season.

I'm going to assume you have F all like the rest of us.

In your position, I would play the long game. Like a poker game where youre low on chips, just keep folding (no trades) and shove when you get the nuts (like when Mills bottoms out). Opponents will run out of chips, and before you know it, you're in the money.

Hold JDG and hope for the best. This week I would do Seamus and Ginbey to Yeo and the best midfielder you can afford. Get Wardlaw off the field.

Then look to hold off on trades unless necessary. If you play it right, you can sneak into some SC finals or pull in a good rank with some trades down the track.

Running out of trades early means nothing to play for really. May as well stretch it out as long as possible.

If I do 2 this week.

Warner and Ryan in.

I'm down to 10.

Just need to get war-lord of the ground ..
When Spimkin inj he prob scores better
Hello Mills in when ever he's ready .

Thanks for input 👍💋.

Thanks for the response! I’ll be honest the trades I’m most likely leaning towards are Ziebell and Cincotta to Neale and Keays. Leaving me with Ridley and Day at D5/6, Sheezel and Keays at F5/6 and 7 trades to turn Wardlaw, Ford, Weddle, Johnson into my last midfielder. I could even do a third trade this week and go Weddle to Fyfe, bank 80k for my last upgrade and loop Fyfe/Sheezel/Keays every week.

Would have made more sense to include the quote lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back