Trades 2023 Round 13 trades - second week of the byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be stupid of me to trade this week.

View attachment 1706216

I need to consider this team completed. If I don't, I will run out of trades trying to get there.

Still 10 rounds left. Plenty of carnage to come. Sheezel/Ashcroft/Humpa and Cripps/Cogs all on the chopping block. The moment any of them misses a game, adios 👋.

If that was my side, I'd seriously consider Sheezel > Rozee to forwards > premo mid facilitated by downgrading a Van Rooyen type, possibly by moving Madden into the forwards and grabbing McAndrew, assuming he's named.

Then I'd feel closer to truly completed

Humpa's BE is 38 and surely should be useful for the next couple of weeks on field over the byes. His got a bit more money to make still, so I'd hold off personally.

I can't have them both though, unfortunately. My two trades this week would be Humpa and Atkins to Neale and Fyfe. I could do Atkins and Cincotta to Neale and Mullin, but that only leaves 4k in the bank. Obviously this is the only viable week to get Fyfe.
Basically I have two maps planned out, sorry if long winded by all means ignore it:

Option 1

Rd 13 (22+ playing)
Humpa ----> Fyfe
Atkins -----> Neale
Bank 158k
Trades 6

Rd 15 (19 playing)
No changes or Cincotta (244k) to Mullin (102k)
Bank 16k/146k
Trades 6/5

Rd 15 (17-19 playing, depending on rooks)

Ford (270k) -----> Windhager (188k)/ Harrison (123k)/Bailey Macdonald/ some other playing rook (123k)
Cincotta (265k) ------> some other playing rook (123k
Wardlaw (270k) -----> 520-580k Mid or Def (Probs one of Newcombe, Lloyd, Ryan or Steele if I get Windhager or Anderson, Brayshaw or maybe even Serong if I don't get Windhager)
Bank Nil
Trades 3

Option 2

Rd 13 (22+ playing)

Cincotta -----> Mullin
Atkins ------> Neale
Bank 4k
Trades 6

Rd 14 (18 playing/ 19 playing if Mullin gets up)
No trades

Rd 15 (16-18 playing, depending on rooks)

Ford (270k) -----> Macdonald (117k)
Davey (180k) -----> Harrison (123k)
Wardlaw (270k) -------> 440-480k Mid/Def (Newcombe/Ryan/ J Daicos if I'm lucky, more likely Heeney/Mills/ Sheed)

The Fyfe path gives me better best 22 players and allows me to bring in Windhager (who I think is a solid bye rook)

The B Bear option allows me to keep B Bear and not run the gauntlet of Fyfe, but I'd be looking at someone like Heeney instead of someone like Anderson.

I could also eat a couple of donuts in round 15 and upgrade Wardlaw and Ford a couple of weeks later, which would leave me with B Bear and a 550ish mid, but I'm ranked 350 at the moment and I want to try and move up.

All in all this is a long way to say **** the byes

Who has a better chance of becoming a keeper D6 for Sheezel. Yeo or Himmelberg? Yeo is injury risk obviously but his past 2 weeks have been great. Himmelberg is coaching risk... if he stays down back he can average 105+. Tough!

Who has a better chance of becoming a keeper D6 for Sheezel. Yeo or Himmelberg? Yeo is injury risk obviously but his past 2 weeks have been great. Himmelberg is coaching risk... if he stays down back he can average 105+. Tough!
Don't think either of those are worth trading Sheezel too.

Yeo is no chance to play out the season. And HH will move forward again when Cumming and Taylor are back. Or when Cadman gets dropped. EDIT: Haynes back this week too.

I'm iffy on Sheeze too, but can see him getting a second wind after his bye. If Hall gets dropped/injured and he gets to seagull again he'll go back to the 100+ scores.

Last edited:
Rotum GIF

Don't think either of those are worth trading Sheezel too.

Yeo is no chance to play out the season. And HH will move forward again when Cumming and Taylor are back. Or when Cadman gets dropped. EDIT: Haynes back this week too.

I'm iffy on Sheeze too, but can see him getting a second wind after his bye. If Hall gets dropped/injured and he gets to seagull again he'll go back to the 100+ scores.
100% agree - would only be trading Sheezel to a guaranteed premo option

Through a combination of factors…
  • missing a few good rookies
  • bit of injury bad luck
  • a desire to be a realist with how good my final team could be
  • shitty rookies in general
…I have “completed” what is a horrible team.

Trades this week were Atkins/Mitchell to Neale/Yeo.

Come gaze at the horror.

IMG_5117.jpeg IMG_5118.jpeg

With 7 trades hopefully I can improve it slightly from here. It’s still going to be balls.

Through a combination of factors:
  • bit of injury bad luck

I have “completed” what is a horrible team.

Come gaze at the horror.

View attachment 1706262View attachment 1706263

With 7 trades hopefully I can improve it slightly from here. It’s still going to be balls.
Its glorious. I love it.

Only person who has completed their team so far though.

Through a combination of factors:
  • bit of injury bad luck

I have “completed” what is a horrible team.

Come gaze at the horror.

Fairy Tale Magic GIF by Walt Disney Studios

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Through a combination of factors…
  • bit of injury bad luck
…I have “completed” what is a horrible team.

Come gaze at the horror.

Super Bowl No GIF by bubly

Ok, I need a break, reversed trades about 100 times, can’t make a decision, so will probably not make any trades this week.
Currently ranked inside top 750. 14 trades left is the big advantage,

Throwing it open to the BF mob. Happy for any ideas, esp about reinforcing Rd 15 over next 2 rounds. Sheezel and JHF would be the target outs in that scenario.

Thanks.

5F30224C-3EBA-42CF-A8E3-D697D26A6C4A.jpeg

rd13teamv2.png
Ranked 560 overall so bye coverage is a big priority for me. Was set on going Ziebell to Brayshaw, but $1,800 short ffs. Thinking of maybe grabbing Sinclair, then planning on getting Brayshaw next week, Serong/Oliver and Darcy Cameron week after to finish off the side barring injuries. With the lack of rookies I'm not sure I want to punt on someone like a Mullin who has no guarantees to play again this year, whilst also being very keen to jump off the Ziegull train. In this scenario I'd be keeping Dawson as a Mid and having coverage via Chesser DPP. Will wait and watch team announcements this week however

Last edited:
If that was my side, I'd seriously consider Sheezel > Rozee to forwards > premo mid facilitated by downgrading a Van Rooyen type, possibly by moving Madden into the forwards and grabbing McAndrew, assuming he's named.

Then I'd feel closer to truly completed
That was the plan after the byes.

JVR has some genuine cash to make with that ton rolling through his average. Sheezel I don't see dropping off too much.

Sheezel to someone like Dawson or Bont if possible would be ideal.

However, I would like to be able to loop out the likes of Cogs and Cripps, and to do this, I would need to find value in the low 500 / high 400 range, like Mills.

Ideally I would like a fake premo like Cogs and Cripps at F7 and M9. If Tarryn does well again this week, will be very hard to ignore, just like Ziebell was when on the bubble.

I would like to build my bench more than improve my starting field at this stage, I think.

Just JDG to Warner this week.

Pretty simple week for me. Fun will come in the next 2 rounds

I think it would be stupid of me to trade this week.

View attachment 1706216

I need to consider this team completed. If I don't, I will run out of trades trying to get there.

Still 10 rounds left. Plenty of carnage to come. Sheezel/Ashcroft/Humpa and Cripps/Cogs all on the chopping block. The moment any of them misses a game, adios 👋.

somewhat ironically, my Cripps trade has probably been my worst of the season. Was averaging 115 when i brought him in and had just punched out a 150. Then....

1686047584553.png

break up GIF

somewhat ironically, my Cripps trade has probably been my worst of the season. Was averaging 115 when i brought him in and had just punched out a 150. Then....
He will just have to be a hold. Unfortunately for us owners, maybe we need to start looping him in with a Sheezel or Ashcroft type.

He is the main reason why I'm set on taking the back road towards a completed team.

D7, F7 and M9 covered by a 400k+ premo is good enough in my eyes. The ability to loop in two premo scores, along with the carnage coverage, is surely better than D6 F6 and M8 being covered by fake premos like Cripps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back