Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 vs the Eagles? *BLUES SUPPORTERS ONLY*

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is everybody happy?

Nice win - I like Lord , fast hands, footy brain and doesn't shirk a contest and maybe Kempy can play forward more often something a lot of us having been waiting for for over a year now.

Lots of players had their best game in a while today - good to see and I hope the good form continues.

If only Voss could fix his game plan and not stop players playing with their natural flair etc etc etc blah taxing game style blah blah blah -

maybe Cookie can find a better coach before he goes - someone who the players like and who doesn't stifle players and is a good game day tactician with lots of plans lots and lots of plans.

yeah that would be good!

Just my opinion.

A little faith can go a long way.

Proud of these boys.

c457e559d6edef2b2ed8c017b2228ce9.jpg
Lord and Binns really lifted when they had to go. Moir really is silk. Two well held contested marks, and what should be this weeks contender for goal of the year. I am really looking forward to him being our other mid sized forward next to Kemp.

Those two are certainly going to put the cat among the pidgeons next year.

I hope that he sues the AFL if his shoulder is worse than we expect. They showed the "tackle" in the highlights package. So they know that something is wrong there.
I think we need to raise this with the AFL direct and highlight how wrong this interpretation change is.
I'm actually surprised this hasn't been highlighted by a club already. Just plain incorrect interpretation and stupid.
I was hoping it would happen to someone at GC - just to watch Hardwick's reaction.

I like it how Kemp doesnt try to mud wrestle on every contest...nice seeing him actually lead...
Helped that he isn't getting around on one leg either. Then next year, let him loose as a Brad Pearce type forward.

Very impressed with the leadership at the coalface of Cripps, Pitto and Hewett. Kennedy too. Bot was superb leading the back too. We needed to impose ourselves to overcome the talent deficit and we did it in spades. I'm not going to hindsight backhand slap coaches or MC for not making some if these moves sooner. This group proved itself last year and earlier this year and deserved to back itself in. Of course, I would like to see Kemp further up the field, I wanted to see Moir earlier and more if Binns but, they are the ones making the tough calls every week.

Binns may well be one of those outside runners that we need going forward. I don't watch any VFL, just check the numbers really. Walsh needs to do more of this too as he seems really inhibited in tight. Get on the outside, get some cheapies and use it well, Sam.

Motlop seemed to be more physical today. Looked imposing and created for others. Golf clap!

What we did today isn't alot different than what we have done for at least the last 12 months but, we has young, enthusiastic bodies executing and playing for careers. Should they have had a crack earlier? Probably. Some of the more established blokes are clearly banged up and not as effective as they have been historically. Now it's up to them to respond in kind when they deservedly get their opportunity.

Probably don't want to see Martin again. Classy but, too frail and Moir/Kemp showed today that there are options going forward.

I get the team balance thing with Young but, he us so void of confidence/nous/capacity to execute that he can't be an option in finals. How good would it be to swoop in and steal Barass! If not Young, who?

Holland's boys did really well today. Just kept popping up in the right spots, as did Cowan and Cinc. Kudos.

Hoping for Durds fragile shoulders to hold up. Was really impactful; as was Owies who hasn't been mentioned much. How about that contested mark and goal!

Youngsters are due their credit, they ticked all the boxes and coaching staff pulled the right strings in the circumstances. It's feasible to do that for a one off game but, is it sustainable? Maybe. With our growing injury list, it might need to be.

Good win, who’d have thought a bit of run and lowering our eyes going inside 50 would be a winning tactic?

More of this please, regardless of who is in the side.

having a mobile f50 makes life a lot harder for defenders

unfortunately Charlie prefers getting sitters and doesnt lead enough
Imagine, if you will, Charlie leading up to the wing and collecting the ball; wheeling around and banging one of his 60m monsters to hit Kemp on the chest laces out as he leads out.

We have been missing a quick leading forward who isn't getting mobbed by the opposition talls.

It was unfortunately the classic Durds performance today, on track for best game of his career after a month of quiet footy and then contact injury and done for the day. Has happened like 2 or 3 times now yeah?
Yeah, getting your arm twisted out of the shoulder socket is definitely a contact injury.

You guys will never understand just how *ing good it feels when the WHOLE state of WA is muttering * I HATE CARLTON!!!!
HAHAHAHAHA
There are a lot of us over here that post on the board that know that feeling :D Hey DamoESP, how many times have you been told to **** off so far :D

Bloody awesome result. Played like they meant it. Pressure on opposition maintained pretty much all game.

Crippa, what can you say but three votes.

Been wanting Kempy pushed forward all year so wrapped with his game today. Played with a free spirit and moved well to lead to the ball. That last mark was a ripper.

Corey Durds displayed his abilities today. Good link up and a goal to boot. I'm spewing he got injured. Maybe he's not that bad but his shoulders look like they need a fixing.

Pitto played the type of scrapping unsophisticated Nankervis game that I would expect from him. Really influential through simple deeds.

A few brain fades from Lewis but I thought he did alright.

Weiters solid as a rock.

Hewett a great backup to Cripps in the middle.

All the new kids played their part. A dips of my lid to everyone else.

Realistically, probably only Harry coming back next week. Nice addition if so. Bring that effort and we win next week. Then who knows what happens thereafter.

Go Baggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about Curnow back? Whenever he goes back he marks everything. Could be the best CHB in afl.

Something to consider, if Pitto could hold down ruck, if TDK could develop his forward craft. A lot of ifs but we have options to try.
After we sort out Charlie's ankle, why don't we try him out on the wing? Go for a forward line of Harry (quick), Kemp (great leap) and Moir (great hands). Could you imagine Charlie attacking from the wing?

After we sort out Charlie's ankle, why don't we try him out on the wing? Go for a forward line of Harry (quick), Kemp (great leap) and Moir (great hands). Could you imagine Charlie attacking from the wing?
Drifting forward like the role Richo played when he nearly won the Brownlow!!

He would be very dangerous drifting forward as opposed to being crowded inside F50, wrestling with the ball being bombed on his head.

Last edited:
Very harsh.

Was asked to play everywhere today conditions were very windy.Not sure why your so hard on him will be a beast with another preseason.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Still soft looking to be honest. Could use turning 5kg of fat into 5kg of muscle.

Drifting forward like the role Richo played when he nearly won the Brownlow!!

He would be very dangerous drifting forward as opposed to being crowded inside F50, wrestling with the ball being on his head.
Spot on. They would have to put a tall on him just to stop him from tearing a small wingman a new one in marking contests. Instantly pulls a tall out of defence to cover him. And the fact he is such a damaging field kick with that cannon of a leg would make a few sides shit themselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Round 23 Wounded Blues Soar Back Into The 8

Back