Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsEd Curnow
Half-forwards:Sam WalshHarry McKayJack Silvagni
Forwards:Corey DurdinCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetGeorge HewettAdam Cerra
Interchange:Alex CincottaOllie HollandsJosh Honey
Brodie Kemp
Emergencies:Lachie CowanZac FisherLachie Fogarty
Matthew Kennedy

I was very impressed with Honey's composure when he set up Jack - on the burst most players would have gone the snap - instead he assessed and kicked a perfect little lob over the head of defenders into a chest mark and goal for Jack - his set shot kicking has always been a strong point as is his straight line running speed. I like him.
got a bit of cuningham syndrome so far, love what he does with the ball, just doesn't seem to know how to get it.

i still think he can make, seems to be getting into better spots in the past few weeks.

i also really liked the free kick he gave away against west coast, he knew he wouldn't get the ball so he absolutely buried the defender in a tackle on the boundary. it was called high, rightly, but the physical intent was an early strength of his in the VFL. i remember the coaches were trying to train him when to go and when not to to avoid overcommitting but i think all that did was take him further out of the game.

I was very impressed with Honey's composure when he set up Jack - on the burst most players would have gone the snap - instead he assessed and kicked a perfect little lob over the head of defenders into a chest mark and goal for Jack - his set shot kicking has always been a strong point as is his straight line running speed. I like him.

I would have Honey as our best set shot, within 45 metres. If he, or the rest of his teammates could get him more of the pill, we are more dangerous as a side

I would have Honey as our best set shot, within 45 metres. If he, or the rest of his teammates could get him more of the pill, we are more dangerous as a side
Honey and Charlie you feel very confident when they are kicking for goal, Honey’s kicks are dead strait, beautiful action & technique…
On another note Durdin has incredible field kicking skills, beautiful weighted bullet passes to advantage, rarely misses targets…

Neale and Bailey....tag least one
Mc Cluggage..can also lift them.......Lions play tempo and build momentum for sections of quarters,our zone ball can work on them to slow them,defocus
Tough to wear them out tho......Voss will have to connive something
Lions have had Blues pegged way back even when they were also weak cause they play tough and play to exhaustion (can be unwise)
Our defensive capability absorbs a lot - should be a great game.

I think all the smalls are 'junior' players and with obvious targets in Charlie and Harry - then Jacks long leads to the sides - these blokes arent top of the tree as far as demanding targets. I think they all have to work very hard for their possessions- the stats show it. Mids have to learn to bring these blokes into the game more - over time hopefully this develops. I've been a bit hard on these blokes - but when you look at the two talls - they are the front of mind as targets - as they should be I gues but easier scoring might seeing them play decoys to the smalls at times. Lots to work with for a forward coach - lots.

Honey was okay on Saturday but still only kicked 1 goal and had sub 10 possessions in a drubbing. If Motlop plays he almost certainly does that or more likely better.

I think the way Voss would look at it is Motlops body of work over the past few months is better then Honeys. Selections aren't made on single games.

And yet in the Saints game Honey was better than Motlop.
More touches, more effective, more score involvements, less clangers. It's a big call to say that Motlop 'almost certainly does that or more likely better'.

More touches, more effective, more score involvements, less clangers. It's a big call to say that Motlop 'almost certainly does that or more likely better'.
I agree with you Stamos.
Honey is a little stronger. Wasn't happy with some of Motlop's clangers and blind kicking in Saints game.

Maybe but Motlop was better in the other games plus the 2 practice matches hence why I mentioned body of work.

Honey had 8 possessions and a goal in a belting. Motlop has pretty much done that in 4 out of 5 games he played this year in tougher circumstances.

Maybe but Motlop was better in the other games plus the 2 practice matches hence why I mentioned body of work.

Honey had 8 possessions and a goal in a belting. Motlop has pretty much done that in 4 out of 5 games he played this year in tougher circumstances.
6 of Honey's touches were score involvements though.
Motlop had 1 and 2 in his last 2 games (he was much better against the Giants and North).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive game for Big Pitt who is so important to our team.
Got towelled up by O’Brien and adelaide spanked us.
Got easily beaten by Marshall and we lose to the saints.
Dominant against the wrangles and we win the midfield battle.
Big O is so important to Brisvegas.
Need Pitt to at least break even.

Hoping to see Cotts play a ripper in the VFL again so he can primed for the Nick Daicos negating role in round 10. Is the perfect matchup. Can run all day and kick goals keeping young Daicos accountable.

Massive game for Big Pitt who is so important to our team.
Got towelled up by O’Brien and adelaide spanked us.
Got easily beaten by Marshall and we lose to the saints.
Dominant against the wrangles and we win the midfield battle.
Big O is so important to Brisvegas.
Need Pitt to at least break even.

Hoping to see Cotts play a ripper in the VFL again so he can primed for the Nick Daicos negating role in round 10. Is the perfect matchup. Can run all day and kick goals keeping young Daicos accountable.
Pitto got injured early v the crows and was subbed outbin the 2nd quarter. Did get towelled up but that was because he had a massive cut above his eye.

Thought he went o.k. against the saints. Our midfield had heaps of the ball but it was more some key misses on goal and poor ball usage that hurt us. Marshall shaded him around the ground .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back