Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Anybody with article access able to give us the cliff notes?

Melbourne will not flinch on holding contracted defender Harrison Petty to his contract as they prepare to offer Adelaide a pick in the 30s for forward Shane McAdam.
Adelaide is understood to have offered South Australian 197cm forward Petty a long-term front-ended deal that could hit as much as $800,000 a season across the life of the contract.
In response Melbourne, which has Petty contracted for two more seasons, is understood to be open to extending his contract at more lucrative terms to ensure the 23-year-old stays at the Demons.
Despite Petty being open-minded to a move back to South Australia at some stage, the Demons can hold firm given he is a contracted player.
Losing Petty would be disastrous for the Demons given they will already lose Brodie Grundy to the Swans and are considered light on for forward leading targets.

Demons list boss Tim Lamb was adamant at the start of trade week that no Melbourne player would be involved in a trade for Shane McAdam.

Melbourne completed a pick swap on Wednesday that saw them secure the No.11 draft pick, Adelaide taking pick 14 and key back Chris Burgess, North Melbourne pick 18 and the Suns handed an array of 2023 picks to lock in their academy selections.

Melbourne on Wednesday traded their own pick 35 – as well as 14 and 27 – for Gold Coast’s pick 11.

But they are likely to secure a pick around that range for Brodie Grundy, having knocked back the Swans’ initial offer of a mid-40s pick.

Burgess will help the Crows with their key position issues, but they are still intent on holding Elliott Himmelberg unless they can secure more defensive cover.

Adelaide will continue their push to drag Petty across the border given he has shown he can play as a leading forward, lock-down defender or intercept marker.

At only 23 he has a massive future and the Demons are prepared to show him how valuable he is by signing on for a new deal.

So Adelaide might have to accept a draft pick instead of a player, with the Crows having cashed in their picks 23 and 26 for pick 14.

The Crows now have selections 10 and 14, and could attempt to use another mid-30s pick at the draft or to push further up the order

Not a Crows rumour but Ginnivan is quite possibly ending up at Richmond.
And Dusty to GC is moving behind the scenes.
The writing was on the wall for Ginnivan when Schulz requested a trade. Unless he builds a tank to play midfield, he's not getting a game ahead of Schulz, Elliott, Hill and McCreery.

I enjoy the freedom that opposition posters come on here and post, I would like to think we are welcoming on here.

Mind you our neighbours have disappeared since the GWS final. Im sure they will return when they play Finals in February next year.

80% of my family and outlaws go for the Crows so I do have a soft spot.

Losing Petty would be disastrous for the Demons given they will already lose Brodie Grundy to the Swans and are considered light on for forward leading targets.
LOL, pushing out Grundy but act like it's a disaster they're "losing" him.

I’m just not sure Petty is worth using 10 or 14 on..

Murray will be back by mid season.

Butts is back round 1.

Keane looks like a bloody solid player who, apart from his first quarter jitters in that first game he played for us against port, I started liking more than butts..

And we just got Burgess..

Plus we still have break glass last option Borlase who I’d say we’ll create a spot for in the wash up..

Why do we need to go and massively overpay for Petty?.. and massively overpay is what the dees will make us do.. you just know that 10 will no doubt need to be used..

And thise who say “but he could be a tex replacement too”, whilst dubiously pointing to a six goal game he had as some sort of evidence he’s a gun forward..

Come on.. one swallow and all..

The writing was on the wall for Ginnivan when Schulz requested a trade. Unless he builds a tank to play midfield, he's not getting a game ahead of Schulz, Elliott, Hill and McCreery.
Elliot is 31, at his age and his body, I dont think he will have many years left. At most 2.

Butts is back round 1.

Keane looks like a bloody solid player who, apart from his first quarter jitters in that first game he played for us against port, I started liking more than butts..

Plus we still have break glass last option Borlase who I’d say we’ll create a spot for in the wash up..

Why do we need to go and massively overpay for Petty?.. and massively overpay is what the dees will make us do.. you just know that 10 will no doubt need to be used..

And thise who say “but he could be a tex replacement too”, whilst dubiously pointing to a six goal game he had as some sort of evidence he’s a gun forward..

Petty gives us flexibility, can play forward and that makes him an invaluable asset if you need to reshuffle the line up mid game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wouldn’t be surprised if the Burgess deal and pick swaps has a link with the McAdam and Petty transactions

my assumption that there is an agreement in principle in place on how these related transaction will play out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Butts is back round 1.

Swing Petty forward when Walker retires. Has shown to be a very versatile player

Butts is back round 1.

Could we try 20 + mcadam + f2 for petty. Then try to get a future 3rd round pick for himmelberg to help offset a bit

Would leave us with 10 + 14 this draft + petty + burgess

Welp, here we go

The Dees extension thing makes it seem it’ll be this year or not at all
I agree, get the feeling its now or never.

In a draft that is not rated, giving up a mid to late 1st is not bad if we can pull it off.

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Anybody with article access able to give us the cliff notes?

that figure is eye watering but i admire that the club is trying to unsettle players they want instead of other clubs doing it to us

Whatever happens with Petty, I love that we are getting super aggressive with these type of trades. That type of offer is what gets players to suddenly want that move back home, even when they hadn’t considered it until now. I’m sure Petty had every intention of staying at Melbourne for the next couple of years until the last couple of weeks.

Interesting to see what Melbourne up their contract for him to, as if Petty stays, maybe it puts salary pressure on to retain Sparrow longer term?

As a side note, AFL obviously don't care about trading picks back in separate years, as we will be trading GC's second back to them in this deal.

Nice to get some clarity on that.
It was the only logical explanation, not that everything the AFL does is logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back