Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched the replay of the last 2 mins for the 4th time and my fitbit started beeping due to my heart rate doubling. Now I'm afraid to check what it was like at the game last night.
I reckon I have watched it about 50 times , on Insta , fb on here , every call and every video

Funny isn't it that Bolton was teaching them the importance of this during his time when they were young .. then the big Bopper comes in and cements it ..
Don’t underestimate the foundation Bolton set on those then kids. He was the coach the rebuild needed.. took the hits and got sacked eventually.

Should have known there was something about Acres when he apologised to the Carlton faithful for his dropped mark in round 1and vowed to make a mends.
He's a dam good player who has fitted in seamlessly.
It looks like destiny if you didn't know his history you could swear, he's a one club player.
I was doing cartwheels when we landed Newman added backflips to the routine with the arrival of Acres,
for two token picks I am very *ing happy about this. 🙂

He's a dam good player who has fitted in seamlessly.
It looks like destiny if you didn't know his history you could swear, he's a one club player.
I was doing cartwheels when we landed Newman added backflips to the routine with the arrival of Acres,
for two token picks I am very *ing happy about this. 🙂
mentioned it in earlier port but going to take a keen interest in the career of Freo's third round pick... acres was a steal.. My ex is saints and she said he wasnt much.. hes a classic big bodied winger .. love him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night was a win that will be spoken about when we discuss the greatest finals wins in our history. The ebbs and flows as each team battled for supremacy and it looked over with little time on the clock.

Enter the stuff that makes history. The ball flys over the back of the pack, the loose ball falls to Bowey, Charlie with the tackle to dispossess, Doc picks up the loose ball, dishes off the handball to Motlop who bends it through. Melbourne then miss opportunities to win the game. The knockout punch was magical. All that pressure and Weiters looks inside and hits Ollie with a courageous kick. Ollie then takes a sip from the courage cup and hits Doc in a manner that he hits the ground running. Doc steadies and looks long. What does he see? A two on one near the top of the square. What I’m seeing is Acres, McGovern and Fritsch. Bizarre. The Sheriff clunks the mark, plays on and squeezes one home. We’re in front with less than a minute to play. It’s time to dig deeper. We manage a behind by putting on sensational pressure. Someone screams “Less than 10 seconds”.

The siren goes and I’m too overcome with emotion to do anything but start bawling. I’m overcome with joy and sadness. I’m with my children. I’m thinking about my family members that I’ve lost along the way. A total stranger looks at me and she gently hugged me like friends do. It was that sort of night.

Special mentions to so many players. Walsh was BOG. The two big boys were immense especially Big Tom. Captain Crippa was hit with the proverbial kitchen sink but he stood up and influenced the result of the game. The courage of Docherty and Acres. Acres played well and kicked the winner. Mots with his two goals. There’s something special when Mots decides to bend the ball. And the back half. Desperately defending all night. Newman, Weitering and Saad led from the front and the others followed. And the coaches have unlocked those mysterious qualities. I knew collectively that the ability was evident. Now we’ve added confidence and belief to the mix. It’s an awesome combination.

Onto next week you beautiful Blueboys.

Had to laugh at the end of the Dees radio commentary. The young woman (?) going "No...no....no...no...no..."

The Blues Biased Call last week made a strong case for it to be a regular feature. The same call this week cemented it as a must-have.

The Dees Biased Call proved you can't just chuck any media-figure-who-happens-to-be-a-fan in front of a mic and get the same magic.

I don't know whose idea it was to partner up Tom Morris with a kid from Make A Wish, but it was flat and boring and should never happen again.

Conversely, Maher should call every Blues game from here to eternity.

The Blues Biased Call last week made a strong case for it to be a regular feature. The same call this week cemented it as a must-have.

The Dees Biased Call proved you can't just chuck any media-figure-who-happens-to-be-a-fan in front of a mic and get the same magic.

I don't know whose idea it was to partner up Tom Morris with a kid from Make A Wish, but it was flat and boring and should never happen again.

Conversely, Maher should call every Blues game from here to eternity.
I thought it was Daisy?

They call that....Emotion, Thy😏
answer-my-question-john-mcenroe.gif

Harder to believe anyone couldn’t fall in love with Carlton after 5 mins.
I fell in love with Carlton at 6 yrs of age. Ran into the lounge room to My Dad and Uncle yelling Jezzaaaahhhh at the TV. 😍 All it took was the most famous mark ever😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Back