Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Travelled from interstate last week for my first final vs Swans and was magnificent.

Couldn’t resist returning to the G for last night but this time came with my 11 year old son who has Carlton as his second team. As the game went on he saw that there’s so much more passion in Carlton supporters.

An amazing experience which ended up in hugs and me breaking down in tears of joy. The scenes at the siren and outside of the ground were unreal.

We’ll both forever remember that for the rest of our lives.

Love you Baggers!

Healey and Dunstall were mega p****d that we won. Tough Tiities for them!
This again. Dunstall followed Carlton right up to being picked up by Hawthorn. He loves us and if anything is pretty biased towards us. Where do these fairy tales keep coming from? Healy was upset cause he played for Melbourne. FMD......

This again. Dunstall followed Carlton right up to being picked up by Hawthorn. He loves us and if anything is pretty biased towards us. Where do these fairy tales keep coming from? Healy was upset cause he played for Melbourne. FMD......
and he also played a won a Brownlow at Sydney - very nice bloke in RL.

People see facial expressions/body language and immediately think the worst, or misread it completely.

was gorringe a carlton fan growing up? he was at carlton for 5 minutes, no way he is this passionate as a result - or is it all a pisstake?
Massive Carlton fan , could be because he played 5 minutes but every post on Insta is him riding the emotion of Carlton games or bagging Collingwood or Essendon .. that in itself is carltoneske

Browny had to intervene at one stage to shut him down - Lyon. was over the top he pointed at both Weitering and Cripps events repeatedly..in the after match on Kayo was embarrassing

Gee,Gary Lyon was pretty salty on FoxSports after the win.
I thought he held up incredibly well. Was amazed tbh. That would have been so tough for a passionate Dees supporter.
But yes, did go ott on Weiters. Gotta love Browny.

Last edited:
He wanted Jacob waitering off the ground soooo bad..... Suggesting the AFL had to look into this....... And you knew this was all about revenge
Geez what a strange bloke he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is bloody September with us involved and winning the way we are?

Real rollercoaster of emotions each week with the ticket purchase stress, then the build up to the game and not knowing the result until the last 10 seconds.

This week throws up a tougher challenge. The footy gods have looked after us, but we are due for a game where we really fire and win on genuine merit. Time for a Charlie and Harry show.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is Weiters going in to the centre square after a goal during the third quarter when we were squandering field dominance. He passionately spoke to the 4 in there (not sure who) before running back to his position. Great leadership and he could see we were blowing chance after chance to really build a lead.

How pathetic/immature is it (all home teams/competition) that bc it was Melbourne’s home game they only played the song once. I can cop that, even though it’s immature, mainly bc I’m not that interested in hearing the song repeatedly through the speakers, but to then play random music to drown out any chance for the massive Carlton crowd to really make the most of the moment was shite from whatever angle you come from (including marketing for the AFL).

There’s no question the crowd would have got some massive chants/the song going and it would have been an epic moment (and marketing moment).

Very disappointing and really lame/immature that we think denying a club’s fans a chance to properly celebrate by controlling the post-game music is a worthwhile benefit of being the home team. Let the fans make the most of the moment.
/end rant

Last edited:
Kyle Reese: “he will not stop until you are dead”
Sarah Conner: “ hold on a sec there Kyle. (Pics up phone, dials).. Doc is that you? Hey I have a problem. I have a futuristic non stop machine wanting to hunt me down and kill me”
Doc: “no worries I’ll get him.. you just go relax somewhere! I’ll also take Weiters with me too.”
I'd watch **** out that movie.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How pathetic/immature is it (all home teams/competition) that bc it was Melbourne’s home game they only played the song once. I can cop that, even though it’s immature, mainly bc I’m not that interested in hearing the song repeatedly through the speakers, but to then play random music to drown out any chance for the massive Carlton crowd to really make the most of the moment was shite from whatever angle you come from (including marketing for the AFL).

There’s no question the crowd would have got some massive chants/the song going and it would have been an epic moment (and marketing moment).

Very disappointing and really lame/immature that we think denying a club’s fans a chance to properly celebrate by controlling the post-game music is a worthwhile benefit of being the home team. Let the fans make the most of the moment.
I didn’t even hear any random music. All I could hear was the crowd singing DA DA DA DA DAAAAA

I didn’t even hear any random music. All I could hear was the crowd singing DA DA DA DA DAAAAA

Ah really? I think the speakers are louder up on level 4, now that you mention it. We were front row, level 4. Could only occasionally and very faintly hear the crowd noise through the music.

3 Observations from last night

You need your wingers to be good contested footballers. Can’t have pure receivers in finals

Melbourne fans are the most ignorant in the comp. Don’t know the rule or who the players are. Really frustrating listening to them.

Game was well umpired. Struggle to think of any howlers from the game. Maybe Motlop when he bounced the ball and was tackled. Clear free. Don’t usually say that when Williamson is up
From memory he bounced the ball and was tackled before he re-gathered it. Can't bounce while being tackle. Motlops bounce started pre-tackle.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Back