Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Who played well for the Blues in the SF vs Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lever doesn’t like body contact.
Kept hearing “Lever doesn’t have yo respect his opponent if they donr have forward craft” etc from commentators as praise for him.

Not necessarily a “direct” opponent but in a game where 11 goals was a winning score, 3 goals came from marks inside 50 for taller midfielders that Lever “didn’t have to respect”.

Carlton were tactically smart on Friday.

A bunged up Weitering hits a cross field inch perfect bullet to a first-year Hollands who takes the mark, turns, and hits a lace out 30 bullet to a bunged up one shoulder Docherty who takes the mark and hits a perfect kick to a two on one - generated by McGovern who gut ran from defensive 50 along with Fritsch to be with Acres who leaped with a busted shoulder and took the mark to score the match winning goal - in his excitement not only nearly hitting the goal post but failing to understand that soaking up 30 seconds was the 'smart play'.

Well games like this are won on heart and monghrel determination - that is actually the smart play in winner take all and loser see ya next year situations.

I have never seen a play like this under those circumstances from Carlton or many other teams ever - just trying to put that into words doesn't do it any justice- that was players all of them each and every one of them playing well above and beyond - and some on are calling the win 'luck'.

Weitering> Hollands>Docherty>McGovern+ Acres> BANG!

Awesome just awesome.

I say BS to the whole 'luck' narrative.
Melbourne are lucky we didnt have McKay and Martin.
The rest is simply monumental by Carlton.
Even now it is still sinking in for me.

Carna Blues ....Yeaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kept hearing “Lever doesn’t have yo respect his opponent if they donr have forward craft” etc from commentators as praise for him.

Not necessarily a “direct” opponent but in a game where 11 goals was a winning score, 3 goals came from marks inside 50 for taller midfielders that Lever “didn’t have to respect”.

Carlton were tactically smart on Friday.
sssshhhhh

;)

A bunged up Weitering hits a cross field inch perfect bullet to a first-year Hollands who takes the mark, turns, and hits a lace out 30 bullet to a bunged up one shoulder Docherty who takes the mark and hits a perfect kick to a two on one - generated by McGovern who gut ran from defensive 50 along with Fritsch to be with Acres who leaped with a busted shoulder and took the mark to score the match winning goal - in his excitement not only nearly hitting the goal post but failing to understand that soaking up 30 seconds was the 'smart play'.

Well games like this are won on heart and monghrel determination - that is actually the smart play in winner take all and loser see ya next year situations.

I have never seen a play like this under those circumstances from Carlton or many other teams ever - just trying to put that into words doesn't do it any justice- that was players all of them each and every one of them playing well above and beyond - and some on are calling the win 'luck'.

Weitering> Hollands>Docherty>McGovern+ Acres> BANG!

Awesome just awesome.

I say BS to the whole 'luck' narrative.
there were 4 kicks involved - in their own way, each had to be perfect - a metre out could have lost the game and we would have heard about the "crazy crossfield insanity" etc...........ironically, blacres had the most room to play with and almost duffed it - I'm still getting gut swirls thinking about that option.........

That mark and goal by Acres, Gov was so damn smart feigning in the marking contest keeping Fritsch away from the fall of the ball

Yes you watch it in slow motion and you can see Fritsch would have been able to spoil had McG not launched himself up to give Acres space

Also it’s not that clear in this screenshot below but Charlie was in fact open and clear 35 metres directly in front and Cottrell was waving him arm for Doch to go long - presumably to Acres who was at the time completely on his own - and TDK had a short lead over his direct opponent too

So the speed at which the Viney turnover came back into the 50 via Weitering, Hollands and Doch had left the Dees set up in disarray - Doch had multiple options with Charlie probably the safest option as he was just 20 metres ahead on his own but he went for the safest outcome which was a 2 on 1 in the goalsquare but he needed to kick it close to perfectly which he did and the rest is history
e2059bf86452dba116c573f872e4a1d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

there were 4 kicks involved - in their own way, each had to be perfect - a metre out could have lost the game and we would have heard about the "crazy crossfield insanity" etc...........ironically, blacres had the most room to play with and almost duffed it - I'm still getting gut swirls thinking about that option.........
And to think of how bad our skills were all night, a flawless transition when we needed it the most.

Ive just watched the last quarter again, final siren, theres a bit with weiters hugging someone, and if you look hard enough i honestly believe you can see a tiny bit of emotion on his face
you need to stop this style of slanderous misinformation..........

Ive just watched the last quarter again, final siren, theres a bit with weiters hugging someone, and if you look hard enough i honestly believe you can see a tiny bit of emotion on his face

He does remind me a bit of Arnie in Terminator 2: Judgement Day

We are so lucky to have him at our club. His leadership qualities goes unnoticed by many in the media and some supporters.

He has really matured and evolved in that department since Vossy took over as coach

The way he has rallied and bounced back after scumbag scammers took all of his hard earned life savings is truly remarkable.

giphy.gif

I could be completely wrong as I was sitting in the clouds at the game but there was a point when the Dees had kicked a couple in a row and Weiters got the midfield group together and spoke to them in a huddle. Not exactly sure when it happened but if my eyes didn't deceive me it was tremendous leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weitering.
Part robot : part draught horse.
All ours.

I could be completely wrong as I was sitting in the clouds at the game but there was a point when the Dees had kicked a couple in a row and Weiters got the midfield group together and spoke to them in a huddle. Not exactly sure when it happened but if my eyes didn't deceive me it was tremendous leadership.
could rival the sos address at 3/4 time in the 99 pf for inspiration, a player taking it upon himself to lift a fatiguing bunch of team-mates

Can’t wait to see if May bashes one of his teammates again This off-season 😂😂😂

Bashes or gets bashed???
Melksham belted him.
Pretty sure Campbell Brown knocked him out too.
Tough guy on a football field when he knows people can't belt him without getting suspended.

Bashes or gets bashed???
Melksham belted him.
Pretty sure Campbell Brown knocked him out too.
Tough guy on a football field when he knows people can't belt him without getting suspended.
Yep sounds to me like he’s the type of bloke that mouths off after a few. Campbell fractured his jaw from memory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Semi Final Blues win a thriller!

Back