List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane haven’t got any real currency of draft picks this year.
Do they trade out for future picks or creatively trade up to about pick 10 or better and go for a kid like Connor O’Sullivan? Big kid, looks like a good decision maker, and can play key position either end. Highlight reel look impressive.

Their focus will be the following draft to pick up Levi, Marshall, and Gillett.

Couple of delistings that might be worth a look to fill the list after Rich and Cocky’s retirements are Jackson Hately and Riley Bonner. Both good sizes and ages.

Will Robertson re signing be the end of Mathieson or affect C Michael or B Coleman , your list spots would be pretty tight

No tighter than any other club. Rich n Cockatoo retiring makes it easier. Certainly those you mentioned are at risk, Matho, Michael and B Coleman. Add Fullerton and maybe Daryl Whites lad.

Matho I'm happy to give another year, he's become a real club man important to our culture I think. Then depending on our draft hand after trade period we may even end up relisting a cpl.

Can't see us being too active bringing in others. Doedee, maybe one more if he falls into our lap. Draft one, relist a cpl, maybe check out the delisted free agents, add what we can to next year's draft hand to get Levi Ashcroft n Sam Marshall.

So had some thoughts about where Doedee and DevRob put us for 2025, which will undoubtedly see us with a few players hitting the end of their careers.

Here is where our 2025 crop sits, with Levi and Doedee included in best 22. I've also included their ages in 2025, and their average age per line.
PositionNameAgeNameAgeNameAgeAvg Age per Line
FBDoedee, Tom
27.8​
Payne, Jack
25.2​
Andrews, Harris
28.1​
27.03​
HBColeman, Keidean
24.8​
Wilmot, Darcy
21.0​
McKenna, Conor R
28.8​
24.84​
CBerry, Jarrod
26.9​
Dunkley, Josh
28.0​
McCluggage, Hugh
26.8​
27.24​
HFMcCarthy, Lincoln
31.2​
Rayner, Cameron
25.2​
Bailey, Zac
25.3​
27.22​
FFDaniher, Joe
30.8​
Cameron, Charlie
30.5​
Hipwood, Eric
27.3​
29.54​
FolNeale, Lachie
31.6​
Ashcroft, Will
20.7​
McInerney, Oscar
30.5​
27.58​
INTFletcher, Jaspa
20.9​
Ashcroft, Levi
18.0​
Robertson, Deven
23.5​
Starcevich, Brandon
25.4​
21.96​

Avg Age for 22
26.49​

Something to note: lots of awesome young talent, but will be seeing some people hitting that part of their careers in 2025 (notably Charlie, Joe, Lachie, Linc, Oscar).

Last edited:
So had some thoughts about where Doedee and DevRob put us for 2025, which will undoubtedly see us with a few players hitting the end of their careers. Potentially McCarthy (who comes out of contract at end of 2024), and a few others are hitting that age.

Here is where our 2025 crop sits, with Levi and Doedee included in best 22. I've also included their ages, and their average age per line.
FBDoedee, Tom
27.8​
Payne, Jack
25.2​
Andrews, Harris
28.1​
27.03​
HBColeman, Keidean
24.8​
Wilmot, Darcy
21.0​
McKenna, Conor R
28.8​
24.84​
CBerry, Jarrod
26.9​
Dunkley, Josh
28.0​
McCluggage, Hugh
26.8​
27.24​
HFMcCarthy, Lincoln
31.2​
Rayner, Cameron
25.2​
Bailey, Zac
25.3​
27.22​
FFDaniher, Joe
30.8​
Cameron, Charlie
30.5​
Hipwood, Eric
27.3​
29.54​
FolNeale, Lachie
31.6​
Ashcroft, Will
20.7​
Robertson, Deven
23.5​
25.25​
INTFletcher, Jaspa
20.9​
Ashcroft, Levi
18.0​
Lohmann, Kai
21.7​
Starcevich, Brandon
25.4​
21.49​

Avg Age for 22
26.09​

No ruck?

So what are we looking for? We are in the window.Doedee replaces Lester or Gardiner. We still need another KPD cover for the big guys. Midfield is in need of a Lyons/ Zorks replacement. Maybe Shaun Mannagh from Werribee fits the short term need.He reminds me of Zorks.Our Forward line has been the most productive in the Comp but should we be looking for a longer term KPF replacement through the draft now? Henry Smith looks to be developing nicely as does Kalin Lane as Ruck cover.

On SM-A525F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So had some thoughts about where Doedee and DevRob put us for 2025, which will undoubtedly see us with a few players hitting the end of their careers.

Here is where our 2025 crop sits, with Levi and Doedee included in best 22. I've also included their ages, and their average age per line.
FBDoedee, Tom
27.8​
Payne, Jack
25.2​
Andrews, Harris
28.1​
27.03​
HBColeman, Keidean
24.8​
Wilmot, Darcy
21.0​
McKenna, Conor R
28.8​
24.84​
CBerry, Jarrod
26.9​
Dunkley, Josh
28.0​
McCluggage, Hugh
26.8​
27.24​
HFMcCarthy, Lincoln
31.2​
Rayner, Cameron
25.2​
Bailey, Zac
25.3​
27.22​
FFDaniher, Joe
30.8​
Cameron, Charlie
30.5​
Hipwood, Eric
27.3​
29.54​
FolNeale, Lachie
31.6​
Ashcroft, Will
20.7​
McInerney, Oscar
30.5​
27.58​
INTFletcher, Jaspa
20.9​
Ashcroft, Levi
18.0​
Robertson, Deven
23.5​
Starcevich, Brandon
25.4​
21.96​

Avg Age for 22
26.49​

Something to note: lots of awesome young talent, but will be seeing some people hitting that part of their careers in 2025 (notably Charlie, Joe, Lachie, Linc, Oscar).
Will be interesting to see if Lohmann can force his way into the team.

Geez in the space of 24 hours, the West Coast board’s view of Dev rapidly changed from a potentially elite inside mid played out of position at Brisbane and ready to thrive when put in the guts at West Coast to an overrated hack that would have just held back West Coast’s stockpile of young talent who are all future midfield stars.

Geez in the space of 24 hours, the West Coast board’s view of Dev rapidly changed from a potentially elite inside mid played out of position at Brisbane and ready to thrive when put in the guts at West Coast to an overrated hack that would have just held back West Coast’s stockpile of young talent who are all future midfield stars.
Would have been a great fit at eagles for mine. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for exit interview with Fagan because up until then I think he was coming home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FBDoedee, Tom
27.8​
Payne, Jack
25.2​
Andrews, Harris
28.1​
27.03​
HBColeman, Keidean
24.8​
Wilmot, Darcy
21.0​
McKenna, Conor R
28.8​
24.84​
CBerry, Jarrod
26.9​
Dunkley, Josh
28.0​
McCluggage, Hugh
26.8​
27.24​
HFMcCarthy, Lincoln
31.2​
Rayner, Cameron
25.2​
Bailey, Zac
25.3​
27.22​
FFDaniher, Joe
30.8​
Cameron, Charlie
30.5​
Hipwood, Eric
27.3​
29.54​
FolNeale, Lachie
31.6​
Ashcroft, Will
20.7​
McInerney, Oscar
30.5​
27.58​
INTFletcher, Jaspa
20.9​
Ashcroft, Levi
18.0​
Robertson, Deven
23.5​
Starcevich, Brandon
25.4​
21.96​

Avg Age for 22
26.49​

I know that figure is only the 22 …. But dang anyone else think that 26.49 is old ?

Would have been a great fit at eagles for mine. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for exit interview with Fagan because up until then I think he was coming home.

He was telling people at the post-GF function that he was re-signing.

He was telling people at the post-GF function that he was re-signing.

I do think he was telling people different things and was genuinely torn as he definitely told somebody he was leaving after that function.

I’ve been in that position before where you’ve got two job offers that are equally tempting. It can destroy you. Feel for Dev as it would have been a huge decision for him.

But from Dev’s perspective the Lions remain a better fit not just for further finals success but for the opportunity to continue to develop while supporting the likes of Neale and Dunkley vs floundering in a bottom side like Witherden where he would likely struggle with the increased responsibility of being one of the main mids while his side continues to get smashed every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But from Dev’s perspective the Lions remain a better fit not just for further finals success but for the opportunity to continue to develop while supporting the likes of Neale and Dunkley vs floundering in a bottom side like Witherden where he would likely struggle with the increased responsibility of being one of the main mids while his side continues to get smashed every week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Obviously. We offered him more money, longer contract, playing in his preferred role and the chance to return home. Says a lot about the bloke and where your club is at for him to still decide to stay. I hope he does well.

LEAGUE TO PONDER COMPENSATION CHANGES​

THE AFL is set to assess whether it begins to consider the length of a contract in its free agency compensation formula.

Currently, while a restricted free agent must be offered a minimum two-year deal to trigger free agency compensation, the final length of the contract is not a factor in deciphering which band is triggered.

It means that, hypothetically, a three-year deal activates the same band of free agency compensation as a five-year contract provided the financial terms across the offer are the same.

But, while it will not be introduced ahead of this year's free agency window that opens on Friday, the League is pondering whether the length of a contract becomes part of its formula in deciding free agency compensation in the future.

The AFL currently has a detailed points-based formula that decides free agency compensation, which considers a range of factors including the financial terms of the deal and the age of the player moving clubs among others.

Clubs losing players are made aware of the compensation being offered with 24 hours of a restricted free agency deal being lodged, with that package then made official if a choice is made not to match a rival club's bid.

Clubs are not allowed to alter the terms of any restricted free agency deal throughout the life of its contract. – Riley Beveridge

Its the fine balance we weave on this wonderful hellscape. The fine line between Billy Frampton the premiership hero and Billy Frampton who cost the Pies a flag.

Obviously. We offered him more money, longer contract, playing in his preferred role and the chance to return home. Says a lot about the bloke and where your club is at for him to still decide to stay. I hope he does well.
Why didn't the Eagles take him in his draft year? Was he not rated by your scouts? We worked to move up in the draft to get him. We obviously rated him quite highly to do so. Is it possible he still sees that as a bit of snub from the Eagles and sees our want to get him as worthy of some loyalty? That would linger in my head if I was him.

Why didn't the Eagles take him in his draft year? Was he not rated by your scouts? We worked to move up in the draft to get him. We obviously rated him quite highly to do so. Is it possible he still sees that as a bit of snub from the Eagles and sees our want to get him as worthy of some loyalty? That would linger in my head if I was him.
Eagles didn’t have a pick because they traded their 2019 & 2020 first round picks for Tim Kelly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back