List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds pretty clear that we're bringing him back with an upfront "chances are we'll be phasing you out" disclaimer.

This kinda lends itself to Dev being told in his exit interview that if he stayed he’d likely be best 22 over Zorko when it comes to that

Sounds pretty clear that we're bringing him back with an upfront "chances are we'll be phasing you out" disclaimer.

Zorks is a great competitor and will back himself in to contribute next year. I think it’s helpful for him that he saw Richy try to do the same this year and the grace with which he accepted he wasn’t best 22 anymore. Hopefully it will help him be more accepting of things don’t go to plan.

Can just see fagan using this explanation, really pulls at the heartstrings. 🤣

If we know one thing about fagan it's that's he's a genuine relationship builder, and genuine relationships put the players before club plotting and politics.

I'm sure assurances will have been given that if dev still wants out next year the club will totally support that move.

Yes that fits a political move, but with fagan that will have been a genuine sentiment.
Disagree. Putting player sentiment ahead of club has destroyed cultures. Melbourne are turfing out their most valuable asset. Where’s the player sentiment there. Fagan may be a relationship building type leader but If we know anything about Fagan he is not averse to cutting players from the list even if sentiment says “maybe another year.”

IMV any person in our football department that puts player sentiment ahead of what benefits the club, the team the list would need to put his resignation in now. Including Fagan.

Zorks is a great competitor and will back himself in to contribute next year. I think it’s helpful for him that he saw Richy try to do the same this year and the grace with which he

accepted he wasn’t best 22 anymore. Hopefully it will help him be more accepting of things don’t go to plan.

I think zorko was pretty accepting when he was injured. When he was asked about getting back he consistently said 'wait and see how it goes'.

Feel he will follow the Rich retirement plan if appropriate.

I think zorko was pretty accepting when he was injured. When he was asked about getting back he consistently said 'wait and see how it goes'.

Feel he will follow the Rich retirement plan if appropriate.

Being injured is different to general downturn in form where you have to accept other players have gone past you. My hope is he continues on and we get him a flag but the fairytale doesn’t always happen.

Tommy has all the tools to be a good key forward/ ruck relief player. The one thing he lacks is footy aggression which I believe another club might nurture and make him a better rounded footballer.

A bit like Schache

Tommy has all the tools to be a good key forward/ ruck relief player. The one thing he lacks is footy aggression which I believe another club might nurture and make him a better rounded footballer.
It's hard to implant aggression. Especially if a professional environment failed to do so after four years. I can't think of too many examples where someone's turned around that mindset, as opposed to physical dedication, etc. If it was as easy as changing environments, Schache would probably be a star by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems like 90% of the trades this off season will be for guys who probably aren't best 22 or borderline best 22 at strong teams
Seems true, especially if you read between the lines of Mathieson’s current situation from Daly:

"I'm sure Rhysy, because he hasn't played a lot of footy, might be looking at what else is out there.

"We haven't had a great opportunity to speak to these guys yet.

"We'll touch base with him over next 24 hours and have a good chat with him and see where he's at, see where he fits with our list.

"I've got no doubt he'd be trying to see what else is out there, potentially,"

From the point of view of a regular ressies attendee, I'll miss Fullarton. He was a good mark for the level and a fairly reliable kick for goal, and quite mobile for his size. Had Hipwood or Daniher been injured I'm sure he'd have played this last season. To me, at times he has lacked confidence which might stem from being out of the footy system for years to play basketball.

If the Dees have been chasing him, hopefully that gives him some confidence to take a step up. I don't think it's necessarily beyond him.

Seems true, especially if you read between the lines of Mathieson’s current situation from Daly:

"I'm sure Rhysy, because he hasn't played a lot of footy, might be looking at what else is out there.

"We haven't had a great opportunity to speak to these guys yet.

"We'll touch base with him over next 24 hours and have a good chat with him and see where he's at, see where he fits with our list.

"I've got no doubt he'd be trying to see what else is out there, potentially,"
If Melbourne want Fullerton and Mathieson considers a move, is there any chance of Melbourne parting with James Harmes despite him being contracted until 2024?

From the point of view of a regular ressies attendee, I'll miss Fullarton. He was a good mark for the level and a fairly reliable kick for goal, and quite mobile for his size. Had Hipwood or Daniher been injured I'm sure he'd have played this last season. To me, at times he has lacked confidence which might stem from being out of the footy system for years to play basketball.

If the Dees have been chasing him, hopefully that gives him some confidence to take a step up. I don't think it's necessarily beyond him.

As a forward I think it’s all mental with him in terms of physicality.

Unless something dramatic happens I don’t see him as a ruck though. Gets absolutely bodied and is ineffective.

As a forward I think it’s all mental with him in terms of physicality.

Unless something dramatic happens I don’t see him as a ruck though. Gets absolutely bodied and is ineffective.
I would agree, nor as a defender which is where he was occasionally moved late in the season to fairly disastrous results.

This kinda lends itself to Dev being told in his exit interview that if he stayed he’d likely be best 22 over Zorko when it comes to that
That's a bit of a reach.

Fullarton & Schake as backups Mmmmmmm
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Fullarton & Schache as backups Mmmmmmm
Two soft spuds. Proof that if you're tall there's always a club out there willing to take you on. So many hacks in the AFL that just happen to be 2m. If they were 185cm they have been delisted years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back