List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Id prefer Matho to Lyons but Lyons is contracted

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

Player movements
IN
- Doedee (FA), Ryan (trade), Joyce (SSP)
OUT - Rich (ret), Adams (ret), Fullarton (trade), Gunston (trade), Cockatoo (ret)
OOC - B. Coleman, Zorko, Mathieson (cat A), Michael (cat A), Brain (cat B), McDowell-White Jnr (cat B)

Current list numbers
Primary list (36-38) - 34
Rookie list - category A (4-6) - 6
Rookie list - category B (0-2) - 2
Total (44) - 42 (2 available)

Draft picks
2023 - 30, 39, 51, 54
2024 - 1st, 3rd, 4th (Haw), 4th, 5th

Last edited:

Gresham wants to play in front of big crowds. Good luck buddy. He will find big Essendon crowds are a different sort of beast when you don't produce the goods.

Hodge, Birchall and Gunston all Lions legends.

1697626681131.png PRODUCTIVE STAGE: Hodge
DIMINISHING RETURNS: Birchall
NEGATIVE RETURNS: Gunston

The end comes quicker for a lot of players than many think. The projections on some of ours are on the optimistic side imo. Our best players are as good as they'll ever get now.

Freaks like Pendlebury , Burgoyne and Mundy can go on for a long time but they're the vast exception to the rule and still needed matchwinners around them to play the important roles they did.

This is the pointy end of our window. We missed out by a kick this year. Next year is what I think will be another 2 shots.

I don't mind bringing Ryan in because he's 25 and we'll know soon enough whether he can value add to the team.

I think Zorks should retire. Even though we're still a player or two lacking in the M/F it's time for Bailey ,Rayner ,Berry ?? , somebody to step up and give us some extra grunt there for longer periods.

Player movements
IN
- Doedee (FA), Ryan (trade), Joyce (SSP)
OUT - Rich (ret), Adams (ret), Fullarton (trade), Gunston (trade)
OOC - B. Coleman, Zorko, Mathieson (cat A), Michael (cat A), Brain (cat B), McDowell-White Jnr (cat B)

Current list numbers
Primary list (36-38) - 34
Rookie list - category A (4-6) - 6
Rookie list - category B (0-2) - 2
Total (44) - 42 (2 available)

Draft picks
2023 - 30, 39, 51, 54
2024 - 1st, 3rd, 4th (Haw), 4th, 5th
Cockatoo has also retired

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end comes quicker for a lot of players than many think. The projections on some of ours are on the optimistic side imo. Our best players are as good as they'll ever get now.

Freaks like Pendlebury , Burgoyne and Mundy can go on for a long time but they're the vast exception to the rule and still needed matchwinners around them to play the important roles they did.

This is the pointy end of our window. We missed out by a kick this year. Next year is what I think will be another 2 shots.

I don't mind bringing Ryan in because he's 25 and we'll know soon enough whether he can value add to the team.

I think Zorks should retire. Even though we're still a player or two lacking in the M/F it's time for Bailey ,Rayner ,Berry ?? , somebody to step up and give us some extra grunt there for longer periods.

No one else sees, and kicks like him. Role player/sub with a weapon. If he is prepared to play VFL if required, play on.

Only 2 clubs got an A trade rating by foxsports this year.
Those being Swans and Bombers
Lions got a B

BRISBANE LIONS

Who left:
Tom Fullarton (trade, Melbourne), Jack Gunston (trade, Hawthorn)

Who arrived: Tom Doedee (free agent, Adelaide), Brandon Ryan (trade, Hawthorn)

Draft picks owned: 30, 39, 51, 54, 67

David King says: “Doedee is an obvious hole for them when you see what happened Grand Final day with Harris Andrews being locked away. Who else was going to be that interceptor? Kiddy Coleman did what he did as a halfback flanker but I think this is a terrific get. I like the way this guy plays. He’s fallen out of love with the Adelaide Crows and that can happen. Go to a fresh opportunity. He’s a solid citizen. He’s a heart and soul. I think it’s a great get for Brisbane.”

Leigh Montagna says: “I think when (Doedee) comes back he adds, Will Ashcroft comes back, next year’s draft they’ve got a top five pick in Levi Ashcroft – talk about father-sons! He’s almost as good as Will so that’s scary for the opposition. They are in a good position, Brisbane.”

Foxfooty.com.au trade grade: B

Only 2 clubs got an A trade rating by foxsports this year.
Those being Swans and Bombers
Lions got a B

BRISBANE LIONS

Who left:
Tom Fullarton (trade, Melbourne), Jack Gunston (trade, Hawthorn)

Who arrived: Tom Doedee (free agent, Adelaide), Brandon Ryan (trade, Hawthorn)

Draft picks owned: 30, 39, 51, 54, 67

David King says: “Doedee is an obvious hole for them when you see what happened Grand Final day with Harris Andrews being locked away. Who else was going to be that interceptor? Kiddy Coleman did what he did as a halfback flanker but I think this is a terrific get. I like the way this guy plays. He’s fallen out of love with the Adelaide Crows and that can happen. Go to a fresh opportunity. He’s a solid citizen. He’s a heart and soul. I think it’s a great get for Brisbane.”

Leigh Montagna says: “I think when (Doedee) comes back he adds, Will Ashcroft comes back, next year’s draft they’ve got a top five pick in Levi Ashcroft – talk about father-sons! He’s almost as good as Will so that’s scary for the opposition. They are in a good position, Brisbane.”

Foxfooty.com.au trade grade: B

Geelong should've got an F for all the posturing with Ratugolea just to get picks 76 and 94, and then to say they would be useful in the upcoming draft.

Geelong should've got an F for all the posturing with Ratugolea just to get picks 76 and 94, and then to say they would be useful in the upcoming draft.
Absolute self indilulgent bull from the Cats.

"Extracted" 76 and 94.

Lol!!!

May as well be 176 and 194.

Give yourselves an uppercut Geelong

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

From afl.com:

We say: It looked like being a quiet period for the Lions before Gunston's desire to return to Victoria spiced things up. They managed to tick Doedee off early in the free agency period, and although he won't be seen until the middle of next season as he recovers from a ruptured ACL, the former Crow is expected to be a nice complement to co-captain Harris Andrews and Jack Payne in the key defensive posts. Although the Gunston departure was slightly unexpected, he had drifted out of Brisbane's best 22 and now the club lands the younger Ryan that it can develop over a number of years in a part of the ground they are lacking depth. – Michael Whiting

He can’t develop too slowly Fish! He’ll be 30 in a ‘number of years’.

Think you have done well with the Ryan trade. Hard to tell what his ceiling is off only a couple of games but looks a clear upgrade on Fullarton, plus you’ve managed to shift Gunston who I can only assume we think can be a valuable coach to a young group.

One word of warning though - in his first two games at Box Hill Ryan kicked 1.3 and 0.6 so he can have some flaky days in front of goal!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back