List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this possible trade is not based on what West Coast is willing to offer, rather what Brisbane wants in return. If West Coast don’t want to play nice, Dev remains in Brisbane.
Dev’s un-contracted. In theory we don’t have the high ground in any negotiation.

Dev’s un-contracted. In theory we don’t have the high ground in any negotiation.

No we only have the high ground in terms of his initial decision to stay or go. Stay for two years at the Lions or sign on for three at a club that still has more bottoming out to do. If he decides to leave we certainly don't hold the whip hand in negotiations.

You mean Hipwood or Mac Andrew?

Gold Coast are loaded for quality young talls (or about to be) and at some point one of them is going to want out for more opportunity, and to me Mac Andrew is the logical one to go.

Ned Moyle is the obvious replacement for Witts.

King, Lukosius and Jed Walter are their obvious 3 tall forwards.

And Ethan Read is a smarter, more skilled “could be anything” KPP than Mac Andrew.
Lol have given up on the idea of a hulking eel 😂

The idea that Mac Andrew would be in anyway gettable astounds me, hopefully we can pinch a flag in the next 2 years before we become homeless hobos, as i'm fearing by that time the team down the road should be a powerhouse...

No we only have the high ground in terms of his initial decision to stay or go. Stay for two years at the Lions or sign on for three at a club that still has more bottoming out to do. If he decides to leave we certainly don't hold the whip hand in negotiations.
I don’t understand how we hold any high ground in his decision.

I’m guessing you mean we’re a more attractive destination.

Which is subjective.

In the short term, we can offer the potential to possibly play in the best 22.

Long term, is there potential for Robertson to nail down a best 22 position?

Are the financial offers comparable?

The reported word from Robertson is that he wants to play. We can’t guarantee that.

West Coast can guarantee playing time. They’re probably offering more money as well, on a longer deal.

Worst case for Dev is a Ben Keays situation on more money.

And Keays was one dodgy goal umpire away from being Adelaide’s hero for the whole of season 2023.

Lol have given up on the idea of a hulking eel 😂

The idea that Mac Andrew would be in anyway gettable astounds me, hopefully we can pinch a flag in the next 2 years before we become homeless hobos, as i'm fearing by that time the team down the road should be a powerhouse...
I don’t believe Mac Andrew will be gettable this trade period.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he asks for a trade in 12 or 24 months.

And yes, my fear is GC will be a powerhouse when we become couch surfers. And their academy will still be pumping out higher quality kids.

I don’t understand how we hold any high ground in his decision.

I’m guessing you mean we’re a more attractive destination.

Which is subjective.

In the short term, we can offer the potential to possibly play in the best 22.

Long term, is there potential for Robertson to nail down a best 22 position?

Are the financial offers comparable?

The reported word from Robertson is that he wants to play. We can’t guarantee that.

West Coast can guarantee playing time. They’re probably offering more money as well, on a longer deal.

Worst case for Dev is a Ben Keays situation on more money.

And Keays was one dodgy goal umpire away from being Adelaide’s hero for the whole of season 2023.

I wonder if that other poster was right in that if we’d won the flag he’d be gone, but now he’s torn because he’s got unfinished business. If he goes to west coast there is a very small chance he ever gets to challenge for a flag again, whereas if he stays here even in the short term he might get the glory still (and leave after that)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't he a Lions fan when he was younger?
Thinking about it now, your right and so was Sam Walsh as well ;)

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

I think we we got too caught up in them being unable to score freely in finals, so made kicking a score to win a marginal focus - this tipped us away from our improving defensive aspects.

Our pressure and tackle was poor, they had 60 points at the half, our tackle was embarrassing for a GF. To easy for them to move the ball and exit stoppage.

This teams D has improved, but defence and pressure are still ‘chores’ they don’t thrive on it and value it, until they do, it’ll be hard to win a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back