List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have added a player through trade today.

We are looking likely for a UFA.

We have committed to a DFA.

If we sort out the Fisher trade that would be another player we want in.

It looks like we can walk and chew gum. If this is us being distracted by pick 1 WTF is it gonna look like when we're not?
Largely mean, that we'd hold fire on deals with other teams in the hope of pick 1. Not that we aren't looking at multiple opportunities currently.

End of the day, we have too many picks to take the draft right now.

Really like the Stephens deal. Sliding those future PP picks a few spots down the draft order and into this year is a great play. Removes the risk of AFL taking the pick off us next year and gives us more decent currency to play around with this year. Oh and we got a handy player out of it too.

I heard a caller on SEN this morning who suggested that maybe the Eagles do not intend to draft Reid, but Curtin instead, and are simply pushing hard to offload Pick 1 to any club who will provide them with two (or more) very good picks in the top few picks of the draft. It makes sense in a major rebuilding year when they need to get as many good picks as they can.

Any thoughts anyone?

My gut feel is they would value McKercher higher than Curtin, I think Curtin is more in the 5-6 range and if they were after him they would entertain pick 4 from Hawks or pick 5 from Melbourne type deals and by all accounts, they are only seriously taking offers from us. If we have 2 and 3 I don't see us not taking McKercher with one of those picks, possibly McKercher with 2 and maybe Duursma with 3.

If they only want 2 and don't want 3 then imo it is definitely McKercher.

There is no real go home factor for McKercher either for the near future, Tasmania don't have a team so he will have a number of years to settle in without having the go-home thing as a factor.

I do value Reid higher than McKercher but imo you will need a strong midfield around him to get the most out of him, similar to Dusty, DeGoey, Petracca, Bont, etc. Reid will be a force multiplier, but I think McKercher is a better building block to create a dominant midfield around. He would likely push in behind LDU and Wardlaw into our midfield group, it would be a bit like having 2 LDUs in the middle.

Brady woke up today and chose violence wtf
I Choose Violence GIF

Lol, I got conned on that one. Thought the sign said 'Guiness Book best vanilla slice' but it's actually 'Guiness Book biggest vanilla slice'.

It wasn't the best vanilla slice, but * me they are bloody big!!
Biggie Nyuon = The Warrigal Road Cheltenham Bakery Vanilla Slice

Points wise I don’t care 4 first rounders is beyond stupidity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You’re getting hung up on the “first rounder” category. We won’t take that many kids in the draft this year and it’s hilarious if we moved to have 1, 2 and 3 and to trade out picks we won’t even use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's that time of year when we over-rate our own players, and under-rate the opposition, but Zac Fisher is a very modestly talented player who racks up clangers and turnovers. Pick 32 is way overs ...
He's not a star, but he'd be handy. If we get a ready made for 32 then happy days. We will get the real quality with our top picks.

My gut feel is they would value McKercher higher than Curtin, I think Curtin is more in the 5-6 range and if they were after him they would entertain pick 4 from Hawks or pick 5 from Melbourne type deals and by all accounts, they are only seriously taking offers from us. If we have 2 and 3 I don't see us not taking McKercher with one of those picks, possibly McKercher with 2 and maybe Duursma with 3.

If they only want 2 and don't want 3 then imo it is definitely McKercher.

There is no real go home factor for McKercher either for the near future, Tasmania don't have a team so he will have a number of years to settle in without having the go-home thing as a factor.

I do value Reid higher than McKercher but imo you will need a strong midfield around him to get the most out of him, similar to Dusty, DeGoey, Petracca, Bont, etc. Reid will be a force multiplier, but I think McKercher is a better building block to create a dominant midfield around. He would likely push in behind LDU and Wardlaw into our midfield group, it would be a bit like having 2 LDUs in the middle.
825i65.jpg

There’s a bakery near me that claims to have the ‘Best Vanilla Slice in Melbourne’. I was in there one day getting lunch when a woman came in and in a surprisingly aggressive manner demanded to know how they could justify such a claim. The poor girl behind the counter calmly explained that they believe that they do have the best slice etc. Angry woman then said in a shitty tone “well give me one then”. Then in an admirable attempt to keep a straight face the reply came “sorry Madam, we have already sold out today. You’ll have to come back another day. Is there anything else we can help you with?”. Cue grumpy customer stomping out of shop. Me giving her a cheeky grin as she exited didn’t seem to help😁

Slightly controversially these are more your French Vanilla slice which may be an issue for some in the snot block community. There’s many other hills that I’m prepared to die on rather than this one.
Because none of them make their own vanilla slice.

They are all made at the same commercial bakery, and thus the same "best vanilla slice" can actually be sold in multiple shops around town.

The thing that gets me is when a cafe/restaurant/whatever refers to anything as "homemade". Like, you woke up early this morning and made that in your own kitchen at home, did you? I don't think so, champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back