Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Meek is traded out , then we can demand a pick in the low 20's but that means kosi stays and makes that ruck/frwd position his! Then we'd have to be extremely confident of Ramsden to be ready as the next cab off the rank when Reeves or kosi is injured. It's a very delicate situation and choice we're left with. There is definitely high end risk to that equation.
If Reeves stays healthy thats a great trade.

But if he gets injured (which he has form with) we are up that creek again without a paddle.

Very tricky one to judge I agree.

Meek has to stay until one of our other developing rucks show something or one becomes available via trade/FA.

Ideally, I would like to see Reeves hone his forward craft in the preseason and Meek spend 100% of time honing his ruck craft.

If we could trade/sell high and there was a DFA ruck kicking around, i'd probably go for it.

Right now, he probably is required.

The Age is reporting today that Essendon has an interest in RFA Jade Gresham whilst Carlton has cooled on the idea of acquiring him. Do we still have some interest?

Last edited:
Only if Reeves falls over in 2024.

If he locks in to the number 1 spot as expected and Ramma comes into play the second fiddle/forward role, we’ll be kicking ourselves for not getting something for Meek 12 months earlier.
A smart recruiter would bypass Meek completely and look to secure Ramsden this trade season wouldn't they?

Why try to get the Hawks' 3rd ranked tall for 2024 (who played 16 games this year) when you can get their 2nd ranked tall for 2024 who has only played 2?

That's getting ahead of the curve isn't it!

A smart recruiter would bypass Meek completely and look to secure Ramsden this trade season wouldn't they?

Depending on what the need is. If it was for a ruckman who could come in and play senior footy all year in 2024 - then, no, they wouldn't pick Rama over Meek.

Only way I’d part with Meek is for a 1st round pick at the moment.

As his value to our progress truly is that high, even more so if Reeves goes down.

An even then I’d need to have a pick upgrade lined up, if it was possible for the McCabe bid to chew up the acquired pick.

Why try to get the Hawks' 3rd ranked tall for 2024 (who played 16 games this year) when you can get their 2nd ranked tall for 2024 who has only played 2?

That's getting ahead of the curve isn't it!
I don't think we'd accept anything less than a top 10 pick for Ramsden. Meek they could get for something within 25 or maybe even 30.

The Age is reporting today that Essendon has an interest in RFA Jade Gresham whilst Carlton has cooled on the idea of acquiring him. Do we still have some interest?
I am starting to get the feel that Hawthorn have cooled a touch on him as well now that his asking price would be increasing due to his improved play down the stretch. There would be a level of concern on StKilda just matching it and trying to force a trade if you wants out and then you are in the position of needing to give up what you dont want to or walking away from a player you have on the hook. Something that is very rarely done especially in free agency.

He loses his appeal if you have to trade for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak not being offered a contract by Port apparently.

Wouldn't mind giving him a year. Has played sore all year and when fit is still a gun.

Even if he doesn't play he would be a massive influence off the field. One of the best trainers in footy.
May as well have just kept Liam Shiels

But will we?

These clubs looking at Meek will fill the holes with others if they can. The risk is that we miss the market.

No, the risk is that we a repeat of 2022 when we had no legitimate, fit rucks on our list.

Unless the work is already done to trade in a Jordan Sweet type and we can get a high pick for Meek, there is no justification for trading him. At all.

I am starting to get the feel that Hawthorn have cooled a touch on him as well now that his asking price would be increasing due to his improved play down the stretch. There would be a level of concern on StKilda just matching it and trying to force a trade if you wants out and then you are in the position of needing to give up what you dont want to or walking away from a player you have on the hook. Something that is very rarely done especially in free agency.

He loses his appeal if you have to trade for him
Some of the money being tossed around for B/C grade trade players is mind boggling. MacKay and Gresham on $800,000 , always thought that was A grade gun money 💰 slim pickings have elevated their value. I for one think value for money or forget it, go to the Bombers or the Swans I’m saving money for the premium players. A.

Some of the money being tossed around for B/C grade trade players is mind boggling. MacKay and Gresham on $800,000 , always thought that was A grade gun money 💰 slim pickings have elevated their value. I for one think value for money or forget it, go to the Bombers or the Swans I’m saving money for the premium players. A.
it isnt that, the CBA is changing, so what was A grade money will be B grade players and thats the norm moving forward

MM and his team would have already done that and have multiple different scenarios with different teams.
I was disappointed with the pick swap they arranged with Lions in last draft.

Didn't seem like they covered some obvious scenarios. We could have had 2 of lions 30's pick but only got 1. So I am not sure they are strong in maths.

They gotta read fan forums to get some ideas if some of this seems too complex for them.

I was disappointed with the pick swap they arranged with Lions in last draft.

Didn't seem like they covered some obvious scenarios. We could have had 2 of lions 30's pick but only got 1. So I am not sure they are strong in maths.

They gotta read fan forums to get some ideas if some of this seems too complex for them.
I don’t know if they read some of the posts here they might think there’s a new rule that if you trade in a decent second round pick that’s all you can do with it. And it gets swallowed by a bid match. If only there was a mechanism to ontrade picks we get, but alas, that’s too complex…
academy awards oscars GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back